Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been here for around 6 months now and discovered much about myself and how I interact with people. I have discovered the reasons why I been doomed in the past with my mistakes in relationships and I have learnt a great deal about other types too. I originally came here to study different personalities because I was stuck in the expansion of characters in a novel that I got underway earlier this year....

I was also interested see how other INTJ women cope with their type and made some good friends too.

Just wondering how many other people share any of these views or have other reasons for being here.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I came here because I was struggling to make connections with people on the physical plain. I wanted to see if maybe it would be possible to have more cerebral connections, the results for me were shocking. I didn't expect in my wildest dreams to have met so many like minded individuals.

I also came here because I grew up struggling with GID so it was good for me to share my story and realize that there are other NT women (and men) out there with the same issues.

I stay for the good food, the sex, the Scottish boys, and the atmosphere....

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
...discovered much about myself and how I interact with people. I have discovered the reasons why I been doomed in the past with my mistakes in relationships and I have learnt a great deal about other types too....

I was also interested see how other INTJ women cope with their type and made some good friends too.
I came here because I was struggling to make connections with people on the physical plain. I wanted to see if maybe it would be possible to have more cerebral connections, the results for me were shocking. I didn't expect in my wildest dreams to have met so many like minded individuals.
I've always felt out of place and repressed -- like I could never be myself. I came here because I saw posts that I could relate to. I come back because I have found people I can relate to. I never thought this was possible. I feel like the ugly duckling who has discovered she is a swan.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Gee Beth, thanks for posting the hard ones that I just have to reply to. This has gone through several revisions, but we'll see how it comes out in the wash.

I had known my type for a long time, over 6 years. When I first found out, I was intrigued, but had numerous other issues I had to attend to, like finding gainful employment. I had some idea of what it meant, but as graduate in a field not at all related to the Sciences, I didn't see how knowing it could help me then and there.

After working in unfulfilling but relatively lucrative blue collar jobs, and a major change in life, I found myself unhappy with every aspect of it. I searched around for possible reasons, and considered re-examining my results. I was still an INTJ, which makes sense on a logical level but given the way people change around here....

I joined the forums here about 4 months ago, and at first I wasn't quite sure what to make of it all. I'd read threads by other people that echoed thoughts in my head, ways of approaching things that one just doesn't mention. I mean, how does one rationally explain to all one's loved ones that you'll be fine when they die as you've already accounted for the fact in your mind?

It was nice to find out these things, but I still wasn't finding what I needed. I spent a month or so in non-forum introspection. I came back and reading again, finding things that seemed to make a little more sense to me. I still can't explain what it is, but something just clicked in my reading and re-reading of old posts. I've started to do some real introspection, and it's been tough, moreso on those around me than myself. I've realised that for too long I've given up parts of myself to things that were often less important, and have put myself into situations that aren't doing my mental, and lately physical health much good.

I'm still not happy with my situation, but for the first time since I was a child I could say that I am at least content with who I am and my existence. I know I'm not a freak, or at least not a freak alone. This forum, for all it's imperfections, has helped me to see that, and some people I've met on here will be more valued to me than they'll ever know. This isn't an attempt at soppy sentimentalism but a fair assessment of what I've encountered on this forum.

That is all.

·
Banned
212 Posts
"State your reasons" ... did you watch Star Trek Voyager lately? Because you sound like 7 of 9. I come here to learn more about myself and to understand the breadth of the INTJ category.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I'd read threads by other people that echoed thoughts in my head, ways of approaching things that one just doesn't mention. I mean, how does one rationally explain to all one's loved ones that you'll be fine when they die as you've already accounted for the fact in your mind?

I've realised that for too long I've given up parts of myself to things that were often less important, and have put myself into situations that aren't doing my mental, and lately physical health much good.

I know I'm not a freak, or at least not a freak alone. This forum, for all it's imperfections, has helped me to see that, and some people I've met on here will be more valued to me than they'll ever know. This isn't an attempt at soppy sentimentalism but a fair assessment of what I've encountered on this forum.
This too..........

·
Banned
605 Posts
I came here initially because I wanted an introvert-friendly social option, with a diverse group of people. This forum also makes it easier to determine what personality traits to look for, or try to avoid, offline. Other forums are too type-specific.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Not a day goes by that I don't ask myself that same... err statement :laughing:.

In all seriousness though, I came seeking to deepen my understanding of how other people work and hopefully to use such knowledge in future real-life interactions. I mostly keep coming back out of boredom

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was looking for confirmation...about who I was. I needed to know that how I thought, acted and perceived the world was shared...at least by one other individual. I found many instead.

I started counseling at about the same time I joined this forum Both have helped, mainly by letting me know that I am not (too) peculiar and that I do not need to "change".

I return now for the same fix as well as the humor and support.

Thank you Beth for asking.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts