Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I am self-assertive and I have a lot of self-confidence.

2. I can see opportunities; I see how I want things to be and I can rally others around me to achieve it.

3. I have a lot of guts – I'm courageous and have frequently taken on difficult challenges and succeeded in them.

4. People look to me for leadership because I am strong and decisive and can make tough decisions.

5. I like the thrill of danger and adventure; I have often placed myself in tight spots and succeeded despite the odds.

6. I command respect: others look up to me.

7. I am a passionate, direct person: people always know where they stand with me.

8. When I see something I feel is unfair, I can't help but get involved to straighten it out.

9. I make it my business to be as independent as possible: I don't want anyone to have any power over me.

10. I am a tough negotiator: I know how to push and how to say no, and I don't back down.

11. I know how to get what I want. I'm pretty persuasive with people.

12. When you get right down to it, it's a matter of survival – them or me – and I am going to be the one who comes out on top.

13. There is no question that I'm tougher than most, but only those who know me well seem to know how much I care.

14. I don't mind knocking heads when I have two; when you get right down to it, the only thing people really respect is strength.

15. People are always telling me to restrain myself. They don't realize that I am restraining myself.

16. You definitely don't want to get me angry: I can make people wish they hadn't tangled with me.

17. At times in the past, my philosophy has been 'might makes right' – and I can be pretty ruthless when I have to be.

18. Sometimes I feel like no one will ever accept me, so why even try to be nice?

19. People being wimpy or indecisive drives me nuts. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

20. If someone hurts me or someone I love, they're going to have to pay for it.

[Source: Understanding the Enneagram: The Practical Guide to Personality Types]

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
It seems as though they start out as a healthy eight then work their way down to unhealthy.

Reactions: Grey and Linesky

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems as though they start out as a healthy eight then work their way down to unhealthy.
That's correct - the idea posed in the book (this was meant to be a questionnaire to compare yourself to) was to think of how you are at your best times in life, and how you are at your worst times in life towards the very end.

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
I can say I am in the 1-15 area. Not all of them in the 1-6 range yet, but I am improving. I would say a couple years ago (much of last year) I was unhealthy. I do sometimes still go off on people, but I try to think as clearly as i can. If I feel threatened though i can easily get riled up.

Reactions: Grey

·
Banned
326 Posts
"I want to be a product of my environment; I want my environment to be a product of me."

"Other kids are brought up nice and sent to Harvard and yale.Me?I was brought up like a mushroom.""

Shows what Iknow. Frank Costello was a real guy.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
This was my favorite:

15. People are always telling me to restrain myself. They don't realize that I am restraining myself.

Made me lulz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts