·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Slayerment: April 16, 2015

Key findings:

-ISTPs are the type most likely to be male, 75%
-ISFJs are the type most likely to be female, 71%
-ISFPs and INFPs are the most balanced, 43/57 and 42/58 male/female, respectively
-ESTJs are the Thinking type most likely to be female, at 39%
-Females have a slight preference for Judging, males for Perceiving; the 4 most female types are FJs

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
One of the commenters asked the guy who posted those stats where they came from, and in reply, he posted a link that's just a Google search page for MBTI gender.

Not to put too fine a point on it, the guy's a joke.

--------------------
EDITED TO ADD:
--------------------

The only MBTI dimension with a substantial skew in the gender department is T/F. The official MBTI folks are currently estimating that slightly less than 25% of women are T's — whereas 43% of men are F's. So it appears that F men may be considerably more common than T women.

Here's a table (from the official MBTI folks) of estimated frequencies of the types in the U.S.

And here's a second table that also includes separate male and female frequencies.

And here's a third source with separate male and female percentages for the individual types and some discussion about possible skews in the samples they've used.

According to the first linked page, these statistics are based on "a variety of MBTI results from 1972 through 2002, including data banks at the Center for Applications of Psychological Type; CPP, Inc; and Stanford Research Institute (SRI)."

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,063 Posts
Interesting that ISFJ has the highest percentage of females, while the highest percentages for men seems to be STJ.

Women tend to score high on Agreableness as well, a Big Five trait;
Agreeableness (friendly/compassionate vs. challenging/detached). Tendency to be compassionate and cooperative rather than suspicious and antagonistic towards others. It is also a measure of one's trusting and helpful nature, and whether a person is generally well-tempered or not. High agreeableness is often seen as naive or submissive. Low agreeableness personalities are often competitive or challenging people, which can be seen as argumentative or untrustworthy.[7]

·
Not Banned Yet
2,665 Posts
Interesting that ISFJ has the highest percentage of females, while the highest percentages for men seems to be STJ.

Women tend to score high on Agreableness as well, a Big Five trait;
Do you think Agreableness is linked to Fe, or F in general?
I mean what i see from the OP results is the typical 60% men are T while 60% of women are F.
First half are Ts and mostly men, second half are Fs and mostly women.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,063 Posts
Do you think Agreableness is linked to Fe, or F in general?
I mean what i see from the OP results is the typical 60% men are T while 60% of women are F.
First half are Ts and mostly men, second half are Fs and mostly women.
Feeling in general, as these results are based on the MBTI asssessment. It's similar to the feeling preference in MBTI. I'd guess that if you score high in agreeableness, you're likely an F.

It is a very typical result that the gender are particularly divided the T/F dichotomy, I was just pointing out that this is a trend in other personality assessments as well.

·
Not Banned Yet
2,665 Posts
Feeling in general, as these results are based on the MBTI asssessment. It's similar to the feeling preference in MBTI. I'd guess that if you score high in agreeableness, you're likely an F.

It is a very typical result that the gender are particularly divided the T/F dichotomy, I was just pointing out that this is a trend in other personality assessments as well.
I see, though i cant understand how Fi is about agreableness if we go by functions. Doesnt Fi make someone more adamant about their viewpoints?

·
Yaybe
4,222 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,063 Posts
I see, though i cant understand how Fi is about agreableness if we go by functions. Doesnt Fi make someone more adamant about their viewpoints?
I don't really use the cognitive functions anymore so I can't remember the Fi/Fe definitions, but there probably isn't a similarity.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,389 Posts
And this is why ladies and gents that ISTP women are the hottest.

Well, unless they're some overweight fowl-mouthed trucker...

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One of the commenters asked the guy who posted those stats where they came from, and in reply, he posted a link that's just a Google search page for MBTI gender.

Not to put too fine a point on it, the guy's a joke."
Interesting, I was having trouble tracking down an original source for the material too, despite that the percentages listed make sense to me. To take with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,389 Posts
Page 2 and still no NFP males butting in to tell us that the concept of gender is nothing but pseudo-fascist social construct to control the masses?

For shame, PerC...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts