Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you (other ENTJs) stay true to your ENTJ nature or do you stop for a second and adapt to the social setting?

For example, you know you have something blunt to say, it will make the outcome produce better results.. You don't say it because you're afraid of hurting feelings/various other situations so you ADJUST the words you use. Is that really being healthy/unhealthy?

I never 'adjust' and I stay true to my instincts/logic. It does not matter if feelings are hurt, I would never go out of my way to crush somebody but the end justifies the means.

Your thoughts? Do you guys understand where i'm coming from?

An ENTJ is an apple & another personality type is an orange. If you hate me for being an apple then so be it

·
Registered
171 Posts
What do you mean by "your ENTJ nature"? What stereotype are you referring to :>?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I think he is trying to say, do you suppress your ENTJ tendencies.

I do.

For the most part, I've refined my critical side and have learned how to effectively deal with people without hurting feelings, being too pushy, etc. As I've said before, I've become good at leading a horse to water and making them drink without being overbearing.

And I am also capable of accepting the fact that I am not the leader at my place of employment. I understand the importance of team and have accepted the fact that my current managers far exceed my abilities. I'm learning from them and I get leadership opportunities when I can, but I'm not interested in being the top dog for the sake of being the top dog. With that said, I have experienced bad managers in the past, and I've become good at "managing up" without being a problematic subordinate.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hmm good post

what your really mean is there ("they are" incase the spuillineing polizzia are abbot) gonna say it anyway the feelings bit is merely a red herring* to justify crumpling a person soul from existence**

*thus meaning well meaning souless robots can sleep at nite methinks
**transference to their reality is thy goal
***sugar coating is the game

Dowses ye all in sugar(and pixie dust) and gives thee an aww bless and picks ye all up and give you a huggle smuggle

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't adapt cause I am worried about feelings, I adapt because it is easier to control a willing beast.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Do you (other ENTJs) stay true to your ENTJ nature or do you stop for a second and adapt to the social setting?

For example, you know you have something blunt to say, it will make the outcome produce better results.. You don't say it because you're afraid of hurting feelings/various other situations so you ADJUST the words you use. Is that really being healthy/unhealthy?

I never 'adjust' and I stay true to my instincts/logic. It does not matter if feelings are hurt, I would never go out of my way to crush somebody but the end justifies the means.

Your thoughts? Do you guys understand where i'm coming from?

An ENTJ is an apple & another personality type is an orange. If you hate me for being an apple then so be it
If it's just a matter of one legitimate suggestion, I'll make it. Others' sensitivity issues are not my problem and have no place in the workplace.

If we're talking about a full-blown debate, it depends on the setting. If it's one-on-one in private, I'll debate until my opponent concedes or gives up out of exhaustion.

If this is in class or a meeting, I realize that I can't hold the whole day up over one issue, so I'll try to catch the person afterward and continue duking it out. :laughing:

If it's a professor, I'll back down as soon as (s)he seems annoyed. I don't want to mysteriously find a C on my transcript.

·
mafia mod
13,316 Posts
"Others' sensitivity issues are not my problem and have no place in the workplace"

Aint that the truth. I cant be responsible for other peoples feelings.

It comes down to what will produce a better outcome. So i guess the answer is no, I will not adjust my words to be more diplomatic aka say a bunch of bs, especially when it wont produce a better outcome.

And to echo a previous poster, this was a good question

·
Registered
501 Posts
When I lived on a ranch, there was a quick, direct way to get from the pavement to my house and a longer way. The longer way added 5 minutes to my commute, but it was better on my car. Going the "faster" way involved a somewhat treacherous dirt/gravel road that could mess up my undercarriage and alignment plus there was always the chance I could get a ding in my windshield or paint.

For ENTJs, the people you work with are often "tools" in accomplishing your goal much like the car is a tool for getting where you need to go. When you are hurting feelings all the time because you are impatient, those people don't want to work hard for you. If you are damaging your car a little bit every time because you are impatient, your car will eventually need costly repairs. Cars are easier to fix than relationships with people.

I find you get better results by asking people questions that will lead them to your conclusions. Real leadership involves building relationships in which people would march to the gates of hell for you. And aren't ENTJs the leaders of leaders?

A lot of the MBTI illustrates our tendencies. These tendencies aren't always conducive to accomplishing our goals. ENTJs are naturally impatient. Is it really desirable to be impatient and brusque?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
When I lived on a ranch, there was a quick, direct way to get from the pavement to my house and a longer way. The longer way added 5 minutes to my commute, but it was better on my car. Going the "faster" way involved a somewhat treacherous dirt/gravel road that could mess up my undercarriage and alignment plus there was always the chance I could get a ding in my windshield or paint.

For ENTJs, the people you work with are often "tools" in accomplishing your goal much like the car is a tool for getting where you need to go. When you are hurting feelings all the time because you are impatient, those people don't want to work hard for you. If you are damaging your car a little bit every time because you are impatient, your car will eventually need costly repairs. Cars are easier to fix than relationships with people.

I find you get better results by asking people questions that will lead them to your conclusions. Real leadership involves building relationships in which people would march to the gates of hell for you. And aren't ENTJs the leaders of leaders?

A lot of the MBTI illustrates our tendencies. These tendencies aren't always conducive to accomplishing our goals. ENTJs are naturally impatient. Is it really desirable to be impatient and brusque?
Well-said. I think you've highlighted the key ENTJ weakness/potential strength in regards to this topic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.