Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
lol! before you even commented on the oprah-ness, I thought "Sounds like something ole' Harpo would say" haha!
I don't like being on this end of the stick :sad:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Depends on what I need at the time. I've been in a relationship like that; knowing at one point it has to end, but at that time it seemed like the right thing to do. It ended when it should've ended and can't say I feel any regrets.

In general though, when the obstacles are.. not the ones I can/want to deal with (like racist family), they're firmly put into friend/ no-prospect box.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Would you stay in a relationship where your partner says they don't see marriage or long term? However the relationship is fun.
I don't have a problem with not getting married, but if they say they don't see anything long term then I will doorslam them, because I refuse to waste my life on people who consider and treat me like "just another random". Saying "we'll see what happens," is not good enough for me. I can't stand people who take relationships on mere whims, as if it was all games and play. I see a dream, and I build on it, and if they don't, they obviously do not and never will feel anything for me, and obviously do not and never will take me seriously.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Depends on when they tell me they don't see it as a long term relationship. If it's in the beginning when we're still working out terms of the relationship and I'm not too attached I probably wouldn't have a problem with it. Short term relationships can be enjoyable so long as both parties respect it's going to be a short term thing. Of course, there's a million ways it could go wrong, but there are a million ways any relationship can turn sour. If they tell me this after I've already put in a lot of energy and emotions into the relationship and been led to except something long term I probably wouldn't react so well.

Reactions: Neon Knight

·
Registered
166 Posts
for me it's very important to be in a long term relationship.
The thing is you can never trully know from the start.
If I meet someone and it clicks I will give a bit more of
myself as time goes by, it's an investment.
Even if I was 19 years with the same man, I don't feel
that I lost my time or regret, it was a passage it made
me who I am now and I'm ok with that.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.