Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished reading this novel and it's one of the most amazing and powerful stories I've ever read. Anyone looking for a new book to read should look into it! It's a very good vs. evil type novel with underlying themes like love, jealousy, death, etc...... And does anyone have any books they would like to recommend? I really could use a new author besides Stephen King.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yeah it's an amazing book.

Can't go wrong with Dune by Frank Herbert, seriously I think he dedicated the book to Ni and Ti users.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Haha I literally saw the thread title and came here to give recommendations of my favorite King books to you :blushed:

I'm reading The Last Siege by Jonathan Stroud right now. A friend of mine who reads more then almost anyone I know claims this is his favorite book but claims that he's not sure why. I'm pretty sure the author mainly writes for children/young adults and it's way different then what I usually read (i.e. Stephen King, books regarding neurology & psychology, avant-garde writers) but I really am enjoying this. Basically it's about these three kids, lonely for various reasons, who explore an old medieval castle and shit happens (I don't wanna give it away). If you google it and think it sounds interesting enough I recommend it, though it's not a very long read only a little under 300 pages.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I read it every summer. He's one of the best character writers there is...creating a picture of insanity or just plain profound humanity.

Kicks ass...I just wish I could share more of his writing with the middle school students I teach. Going to read some of his descriptions from Cell tomorrow...what writing and reading is all about. I can't wait. Zombies..oh yes.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I read to them yesterday (7th graders)...ahaha...

They had never really heard such description. He's a master of that as well. In Cell, there a part where this virus has wiped out people or turned people into zombies...but they're a little smarter than the typical ones.

It tells the story from the viewpoint of three characters that meet in this chaos. The 'phoners' will kill in the most violent way if they see you. It's the day after it happens and he's describing that morning...with three of them in the backyard eating cucumbers and pumpkins.

They were on the edge of their seats almost...I love showing how real writing can show this kind of picture in your head.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: warweasel

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been reading the first of the new Star Wars lore. Really liking it =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts