Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My counselor is a ENTP, when she said this I was "what?" I mean aren't ENTP more interested in working on a billion projects not listening to peoples problems. She's probably like in-between her 30's so She's developed her feeling side. She told me it took her a long time to learn the idea that she needed other people. This woman is truly amazing, she broke my idea of ENTP. completely. She also married a ENFP teacher. She finds ways to mange because she will see something and be like "i want to do that, and that ect" but there she sits helping people. Anyways, I'm not saying that's you but I wanted to share my experience.

You rock, and you know it :tongue:

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
You're really good looking in a melancholy way.

Reactions: nikkii

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Well, if that's what makes her happy....

I'm far too selfish and misanthropic for that ever to work. Power to her, though I can't say I'm envious! (Working as a counselor? Ick.)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
A well-developed and mature ENTP? That is one WISE person....

Key is developing feeling side and Judging side (to get stuff done). I still struggle with the latter...

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
ENTP's can make great counselors, just not for every client. I think we love to analyze and offer ideas on how to solve the problem, whatever it is. I wouldn't do well with a client who doesn't want to do anything to help himself and just wants to wail while I say "there, there".

Still, I find the idea taxing in general.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have been "counselor" to most of my friends in trouble. Some have told me outright that they dont want solutions, just a shoulder to cry on and someone who supports them.

That IS taxing as well as incomprehensible.... I agree.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
People never come and cry on my shoulder, unless it is in my professional role. And although I am in a "caring" profession, it's not a branch of it where we work with feelings a great deal.

I always want to find strategies to help people solve their problems. I am baffled by peoples' unwillingness to change when change is required to increase happiness.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A well-developed and mature ENTP? That is one WISE person....

Key is developing feeling side and Judging side (to get stuff done). I still struggle with the latter...
Well, she make's me laugh. I sometimes wonder how she handle's it all. She mostly works with kids (because It's easier to help them?) She was a nurse who was caring for kids that were dying all the time I think that was the key ingredient to her maturity (in my mind) but she went back to college because she only needed a few more things to start her own office with a friend. Brilliant woman coming up with all kinds of cool ideas.

I was skeptical when she told me she was ENTP but she just broke the odds.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I always want to find strategies to help people solve their problems. I am baffled by peoples' unwillingness to change when change is required to increase happiness.
Yes... Why only whine about it when there are solutions, with a bit of effort. They seem to spend three times the energy on getting sympathy instead of fixing the problems....

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It just spins my mind around because It's like wait isn't my name the counselor? lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts