Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
465 Posts
INTJ or ENTP

and he reminds me of very few people.
This. These two types are actually very similar in a surprising number of ways, and consequently are confused a lot. I lean towards Jobs as ENTP, though. I think Bill Gates is an INTJ.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Steve Jobs was an action oriented micro-manager and was known for picking out even the smallest details and along with this considering his focus on aesthetics make me suspect that he was an ISTP. What I am sure about though is that he was definitely a Ti user because he often talked about the importance of simplifying complexities and ending up with clear simple solutions. This trait is often found in Ti users.

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
He was known to be obsessive about details, his thinking was very black & white, and vision involved systems building. For example he was obsessed about tightly integrating hardware, software, and applications, as opposed to the rest of the industry in which companies tended to focus on these separate areas alone.

If it's between INTJ and ENTP, he sounds more INTJ.

I've also seen him typed as ISTP.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
He had some weird interests - especially with how he chose to treat his health issues. He was practicing raw foodism and fasting (from what I heard), and I know many ENTJS who are into weird diet fads.
Also, an introvert making such a big company??? You have to network to get as far and high as he did.

·
Banned
465 Posts
He was known to be obsessive about details, his thinking was very black & white, and vision involved systems building. For example he was obsessed about tightly integrating hardware, software, and applications.

If it's between INTJ and ENTP, he sounds more INTJ.

I've also seen him typed as ISTP.
I was under the impression that INTJs aren't really obsessive about details, nor is their thinking always black and white. That sounds more ISTJ to me. I say ENTP because he definitely seemed to use both Ne and Ti, simple as that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He had some weird interests - especially with how he chose to treat his health issues. He was practicing raw foodism and fasting (from what I heard), and I know many ENTJS who are into weird diet fads.
Also, an introvert making such a big company??? You have to network to get as far and high as he did.
Ha, that's considered an ENTJ trait? I was a vegan and then a vegetarian for a year, then a raw foodist for almost a year. I did Paleo for a bit too, and I have a Hurom Slow Juicer that I use to make green juice.

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
I was under the impression that INTJs aren't really obsessive about details, nor is their thinking always black and white. That sounds more ISTJ to me. I say ENTP because he definitely seemed to use both Ne and Ti, simple as that.
INTJs can be obsessive about details if they are interesting/important or if under stress. Easier for an INTJ to think in a black & white manner than an ENTP, no?

·
Banned
465 Posts
Ha, that's considered an ENTJ trait? I was a vegan and then a vegetarian for a year, then a raw foodist for almost a year. I did Paleo for a bit too, and I have a Hurom Slow Juicer that I use to make green juice.
I think the whole weird interests and beliefs thing is an Ni thing, so it would apply to INTJ, INFJ, ENFJ etc. as well.

·
Banned
465 Posts
INTJs can be obsessive about details if they are interesting/important or if under stress. Easier for an INTJ to think in a black & white manner than an ENTP, no?
Perhaps, but I never really saw Jobs as thinking in black-and-white anyway. He always seemed to think VERY creatively and outside the box. Full color thinking if you ask me. At any rate, assuming both of us want to claim Jobs, I think we both might be a bit biased. But that being said, I can easily see him as either type. ISTP not so much. I've seen that same typing before, but I don't get it. Seems like a very strong N to me.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Ha, that's considered an ENTJ trait?
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but to me it seems like it is.
I was a vegan and then a vegetarian for a year, then a raw foodist for almost a year. I did Paleo for a bit too, and I have a Hurom Slow Juicer that I use to make green juice.
@MsBossyPants is also a vegan. :tongue:

·
Registered
650 Posts
He's NiFe, his business was cult-like and ran on a sort of emotional guilt tripping which Te users wouldn't engage in. His success came from his ability to predict the future (Ni) and cater to current social dynamics (Fe). Keep in mind just because you remind your husband of him doesn't mean your the same type.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Honestly without being able to see how Steve Jobs operates in real life, we will never know what type he is. Everyone will assume INTJ or ENTP or ENTJ because he was a successful entrepreneur. But MBTI isn't about what your job was, its about functions. Steve Jobs could be an INFP for all we know.

·
Banned
465 Posts
He's NiFe, his business was cult-like and ran on a sort of emotional guilt tripping which Te users wouldn't engage in. His success came from his ability to predict the future (Ni) and cater to current social dynamics (Fe). Keep in mind just because you remind your husband of him doesn't mean your the same type.
You'd be surprised. A Te user would be concerned with what is most efficient, practical, and works the best, not "emotional guilt tripping." In fact an Fe user would be far more concerned with the emotional effect on others and feel bad about it so they wouldn't do it. Just because one uses Te does not mean they do not understand emotion or how to manipulate people with it. Not as though what you're saying makes any sense whatsoever in regards to Apple anyway. Social pressure and a "cool" factor as part of a marketing scheme, yes. "Emotional guilt tripping?" That sounds more like Hallmark or something.

Oh, and the whole manipulating people thing that you seem to be suggesting sounds pretty ENTP to me. It also seems to me a lot like you are confusing Apple fans with Steve Jobs himself. The cult leader isn't the feeler; the followers are.

·
Banned
465 Posts
Honestly without being able to see how Steve Jobs operates in real life, we will never know what type he is. Everyone will assume INTJ or ENTP or ENTJ because he was a successful entrepreneur. But MBTI isn't about what your job was, its about functions. Steve Jobs could be an INFP for all we know.
The same could be said for pretty much any public figure. However, we can infer what functions they most likely had based on how they operated and presented themselves.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.