Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to spend $12 on the enneagram institute test to find my true type, and I was still confused on my type after seeing the results. I scored pretty equally with just a difference of 2 or 3 points on Types 7, 2, 9, 4, 3, and 5.

I read through the descriptions and the main types that I really identify with are Types 9, 4, and 2.

Parts of Type 9 I relate with are:
Nines, on the other hand, are withdrawn in the sense that they remove their attention from people or situations that threaten them.

Nines are unselfconscious, seldom focusing on themselves. They are self-effacing and accommodating, quite content to support others emotionally without looking for a great deal of attention or appreciation in return.

Average to unhealthy Nines tune out any unpleasantness by dissociating from whatever upsets them

Nines have the most difficulty identifying which type they are because their sense of self is undefined.

Nines remain strangely bland in the face of problems, although beneath the pleasant surface of average Nines, there is stubborn resistance and an unwillingness to be upset or troubled by conflicts or problems.

Nines want to bring everything and everyone back to a harmonious unity.

To “maintain the peace,” Nines tend not to show their upsets very much, except indirectly— perhaps by eating, drinking, or watching television too much to escape into a more pleasant and comforting world.

Parts of Type 4 I relate with are:
Fours tend to withdraw from others, while hoping that others will seek them out.

Fours withdraw from whatever has caused them pain.

Fours see the world from a garret window as outsiders and are not comforted: everyone else seems to be living a happier, more normal life.

Fours embrace sensuality, luxuriating in sex or drink or drugs to heighten their emotions and to deaden the pain of their self-consciousness.

Fours take it for granted that they are alone in life, and find it difficult to form bonds with others.

They may be ahead of their time not because they are trying to be rebellious or avant-garde, but because they develop their own forms to express their personal point of view.

Parts of Type 2 that I relate with:

The Two is more interpersonal, genuinely friendly and warm, and interested in others–they would like to be the heart and soul of a family or community, the best friend or confidant everyone comes to for attention, advice, and approval. Twos want to be significant to others and on intimate terms with them.

Twos want to be loved and to be important to others.

They want others to regard them as their “best friend,” and to seek them out for personal advice, and to share special secrets and intimacies.

They also begin to seek ways to make themselves more interesting and useful to others.

They are constantly thinking of others, and they try to do nice things so that others will think well of them.

Based on all of these traits, do they point to any specific type or tritype?

I know it's a lot of information to read, but I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me figure out my enneagram type. Thanks :) Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts