Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeling bored or lonely that is because you need stimulation and some times it is hard to stimulate your self . So lets help other infps (including me) to stimulate them selves and be better human. u can share
1) Your crazy dreams
2) Good novels
3) Good movies/tv seriese
4) Share your experiences
5) Any other thing that stimulates you

·
INFP 5w6
4,720 Posts
-Watch some science documentaries, some animal documentaries, some art documentaries...
-www.wikipedia.com
-draw some little thing, either on paper, or some computer-paper like pixlr.com , it needn't become anything worth showing anyone, just nice while you do it, if the result is not worth saving then just toss it.
-look up houses for sale and daydream about moving there and how life would be.
-go look on maps, either old maps or google maps or similar, get lost.
-go to the library and read a little here and a little there
-google the place you are and read up about its history, it's present, plans for the future
-watch some little thing and try to alter your perception slighly, like looking at a piece of gravel, and try to make it look like a little hole in the ground instead of an elevation. Or try to change the colour slightly of something, try to see faces in patterns.
-imagine creatures living where you are, perhaps in that tree? perhaps that stone in the paving can be lift up and there is a little tunnel there where a creature lives? perhaps a microscopic little thing lives in the little hole left where there used to be a nail in the wall? how does it look in there?
-read the paper
-take a walk, imagine the lives of people you meet, if where no people, like in the forest, take in the details, notice how the blueberies are about to sprout leaves any day, taste things you don't think are poisonous, smell things, touch things, imagine if you can use it for something, perhaps make a spoon by that little branch there? how did people use this place once upon a time? did anyone live here? did they eat blueberrybuds? if starving in spring? this little trail here, is it people that has walked it into being? or is is an animaltrail? deer etc? where does it lead? perhaps one could walk on it for days, perhaps it is leading somewhere significant, perhaps it isn't usually here, but appeared just for you, now, like a portal of sorts, to show you something by the end of the trail...
-so on and soforth

·
Banned
7,896 Posts
I'm writing this so I'll be subscribed; too tired to think the way I need to for this right now: I worked hard this morning preparing for the baby rat that will be here in about two weeks--after the usual Dharma reading, range-of-motion and 30 minutes meditation. Hope to be back...

·
Registered
113 Posts
1) Your crazy dreams

I don't know about other people, but lately I have been thinking about what I want to do for a living. I often imagine myself in different positions and what it'd be like, if I could do it, how well I'd complete my work. I imagine myself as a general practitioner, what it'd be like to work as a doctor. I'm also locating my interests very slowly. For instance, I want to honor my grandpa by becoming a carpenter, because that's what he did when he was alive, and I have a knack for constructing/creating things, or fixing stuff that is broken.

2) Good novels

I like to read Ernest Hemingway, Edgar Allan Poe, specifically The Tell Tale Heart. That story always gets me, had to read it over an over, and look at the book synopsis several times before I could understand it. When I was a freshmen in highschool I used to just grab random books on the library shelves, read them and put them back if I got bored after 10 pages. I'm picky with what I read, but the book doesn't have to be 1000 pages long, and a classic. A really good book that I enjoyed for it's whimsical sense of fun was Water For Elephants (although I HATE the movie) I like Carrie by Stephen King too. Satisfying to read about a girl murdering all who've wronged her.

3) Good movies/tv series*

I don't watch a lot of TV or movies, but I do like shows with Gordon Ramsay. I like to see him yell at people :laughing: as for movies? Definitely Yellow Submarine for it's beautiful visuals and wondrous soundtrack. Lastly, I recently watched a fascinating documentary called "Soaked In Bleach" about the death of Kurt Cobain.

4) Share your experiences

I'm usually at school doing stupid work, so I don't have thattt much time to experience everything I want to do. Sometimes I'll hang out with some friends and we'll have some fun. I can't say all of it because it may not be appropriate, or even legal.

5) Any other thing that stimulates you

Learning new things stimulates me. Sometimes I wish I could be the smartest person ever, I want to be useful, I enjoy being a dictionary of words, and an encyclopedia of information. I get upset when I don't know the right answer, I cope with my insecurities by making sure I always do something that gives me a rush.

·
Premium Member
💚INFP💜5/9-ish💛Sp
14,996 Posts
Watch the series on NetFlix called Grace and Frankie. Oh, what you say, two 70 year old females, don't interest you? I am completely and totally hooked on it. :tongue: I'm just about finished with season 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts