Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend of a friend is a door to door gadget dealer. He sells iphones for like half the price. Iphones, Ipods, blackberrys.. you name it.

Now a lot of people I know are buying these, and I was going to buy one too. Until well, I heard [from the common friend] that these are for sure stolen!

What should one do?

What would you guys do?

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
I don't believe I'd risk buying stolen goods from someone...no matter how good of a deal it is. Is the friend who told you this usually reliable?

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't believe I'd risk buying stolen goods from someone...no matter how good of a deal it is. Is the friend who told you this usually reliable?
Yeah, he is very reliable. And we're pretty tight, which is the reason I cannot consider reporting the other dude...

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
Yeah, he is very reliable. And we're pretty tight, which is the reason I cannot consider reporting the other dude...
That's quite a dilemma. If I were you, I would report him regardless. He may hate you for the rest of his life, but it's the right thing to do. In my view, at least.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wouldn't buy one. I don't feel like it would be a good idea to report him though, especially because of the fact that he's in your friend circle. Plus, it's a tough economy, and a lot of people make some foolish choices if they've never had a run-in with the law before to scare them out of it. I know I was lucky to make my mistakes while I was young and that they were small enough to go away with a little warning and a big scare, but not everyone is. Have you ever thought about confronting him on it? He might just deny it to your face, but at least showing that you look down on it might make him realize it's bad.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't buy one. I don't feel like it would be a good idea to report him though, especially because of the fact that he's in your friend circle. Plus, it's a tough economy, and a lot of people make some foolish choices if they've never had a run-in with the law before to scare them out of it. I know I was lucky to make my mistakes while I was young and that they were small enough to go away with a little warning and a big scare, but not everyone is. Have you ever thought about confronting him on it? He might just deny it to your face, but at least showing that you look down on it might make him realize it's bad.
Confronting people is one of my weak points =[ Especially if it involves something not related to me directly and I would have to take the moral high ground..

Currently I am ignoring this issue as if it doesn't exist. [wishing it'll go away on it's own] But I think confronting him that I condone this behavior would be the best way to go - if I have to act..

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I agree with Heather. Don't buy one and don't report him to the police. Treat him the same as a friend but reevaluate how much you can trust him.

I'm usually a distant person, so something like that wouldn't bother me. Personally, I would probably slowly distance myself from that individual more and more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts