Personality Cafe banner

Which matches best with the Stone Cold Steve Austin character?

• ESTP

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • INTP

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • ENTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • ISTJ

• ENTJ

• INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts

Steve Austin is an ESTJ, and that's the bottom line, because benr3600 said so

He could be ISTP, but my gut tells me ESTJ

·
Registered
983 Posts
An ESTJ would clean up nicer and not take up such a violent tone. Although he's practically an actor, the Se is apparent with his beer smashing nonsense.

An ExTJ would look more like Mr. McMahon or w/e that older gentleman's name is. You can even tell in his mannerisms and demeanor that he's an ExTJ IRL, while Steve Austin just doesn't fit into there.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
You think he utilizes Se because he's an alcoholic?

I agree that McMahon is an ENTJ. The thing about Austin is that he has little to no P-ness in his behavior. He's always been predictable, rigid, sticks with a central theme/idea, etc. His Lone Ranger act was why I mentioned possible ISTP-ness. I think the way he speaks is pretty Te though. Nothing but directive dialogue from him.

·
Registered
983 Posts
You think he utilizes Se because he's an alcoholic?

I agree that McMahon is an ENTJ. The thing about Austin is that he has little to no P-ness in his behavior. He's always been predictable, rigid, sticks with a central theme/idea, etc. His Lone Ranger act was why I mentioned possible ISTP-ness. I think the way he speaks is pretty Te though. Nothing but directive dialogue from him.
Thats a good way of looking at it, but note that ESTPs are also rather directive and frequently come up as Type 8s. Austin always came off as a "bad boy on the block" kind of character, an ESTJ would seem inherently driven by some determined, pre-destined objective (you can pick up on it), but the attitude really screams ESTP. The infamous middle finger to his opponents, smack talking, incessant deviant behaviour (not a typical display of SJness) give me the impression that his character is more inclined towards Se.

I mean, these guys are scripted so you won't find more depth past their dialogue and ability to play the part, so tagging them with a specific personality type might be a cause for some debate. I always separate ESTJ and ESTP by comparing which would be a better military leader or aggressive solder. Austin seems a to be a lot more adept at being head-first into the battle, whereas an ESTJ has a defensive stance.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
id say ESTJ. definately not ESTP. He is Te Fi

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
I'm going to say ISTP 6w5 So/Sx.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stone Cold didn't seem very J to me. He didn't plan out any goals. He did what he wanted, when he wanted. He'd arrive, raise hell and leave.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Steve Austin was a Te-user on a mission to raise hell.

Reactions: marckos

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Stone Cold was always more of a vendetta guy, not a "some men just want to see the world burn" type.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
What would you say the type of the other guy in the first video you posted (CM Punk) is?
He's from after my time, but I will watch and try to offer an opinion.

Reactions: Talon

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Thanks. Been trying to type him for ages.
Couldn't pick up much from that staged video, but I watched several minutes of a radio interview and he seems to have much Fe, possibly ISFJ as a person.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Couldn't pick up much from that staged video, but I watched several minutes of a radio interview and he seems to have much Fe, possibly ISFJ as a person.
Interesting. Definitely one of the last types I would've applied to him. I can see how you got Fe from that video but he's notorious for being a bit of an ass and not being much of a people person. He's kind of the Stone Cold of this generation, very anti-authority and rebellious except he has punk rock roots instead of being a *******.

This video right here is kind of a mix of scripted and his personal feelings. I think it's a lot more telling.

I guess I should make an actual thread for him instead of derailing yours.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Interesting. Definitely one of the last types I would've applied to him. I can see how you got Fe from that video but he's notorious for being a bit of an ass and not being much of a people person. He's kind of the Stone Cold of this generation, very anti-authority and rebellious except he has punk rock roots instead of being a *******.

This video right here is kind of a mix of scripted and his personal feelings. I think it's a lot more telling.

I guess I should make an actual thread for him instead of derailing yours.
It's not my thread :) I just loved Steve Austin growing up, his departure from the limelight was the reason I stopped watching it.

I would say from the video posted, I don't know, an Fe-tantrum? Possibly inferior Fe? Are you getting at that you think he is an ISTP? I'm not sure if the Cena rant was Ti or Te though TBH.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It's not my thread :) I just loved Steve Austin growing up, his departure from the limelight was the reason I stopped watching it.

I would say from the video posted, I don't know, an Fe-tantrum? Possibly inferior Fe? Are you getting at that you think he is an ISTP? I'm not sure if the Cena rant was Ti or Te though TBH.
Nah, I've always seen him as Fi and Te over Ti and Fe so ISTP wasn't what I had in mind. I really wasn't sure. I mainly asked you initially because I saw you post a video with him in it and figured you might be familiar with him.

But inferior Fe does sound possible, hmmmmm. If he's a Fe user, he definitely actively tries to disguise it. Who knows. Thanks for your input though.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Nah, I've always seen him as Fi and Te over Ti and Fe so ISTP wasn't what I had in mind. I really wasn't sure. I mainly asked you initially because I saw you post a video with him in it and figured you might be familiar with him.

But inferior Fe does sound possible, hmmmmm. If he's a Fe user, he definitely actively tries to disguise it. Who knows. Thanks for your input though.
I know how to detect Ti-dom sarcasm :tongue: Sorry, good luck, I initially thought he was hard to type as well.

Reactions: Talon
1 - 20 of 22 Posts