1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a curiosity I want to explore.

- What's your type?

- What image do you prefer? Why?

- If you don't like any image, explain what bores or repels you.

(Think of any impressions, feelings, thoughts, memories, comparisons, curiosities, and so on when answering.)

·
Registered
870 Posts
hey @shinynotshiny this is actually interesting, and i think you're the only PerC member who made this kind of...
wait a sec, let me answer first you qs:​
- I am an INFJ fella
- I prefer picture 1
this photo - a dry leaf - reminds me of autumn sensation, my favorite season

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have a curiosity I want to explore.

- What's your type?
INTP.
Number 3 is very calming, and I'm sleepy right now, so that might be why I prefer it. I associate green and forest-like areas with cool air, which I associate with a calm, serene atmosphere.
I don't like 4 as much. As an image, it is nice to look at and I think I would enjoy it if it didn't make me uncomfortable. It makes me a little uncomfortable looking at 4 because it doesn't really make sense and I then wonder how the artist manipulated the image. As an artist, I think it's neat, maybe a little cliche, but that doesn't bother me as much as the upside down buildings vs. the upright man.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Infp

1. Eyw. Don’t like it. It reminds me of an insect’s wings with all the striations. I know it’s a close-up of a leaf, and I like plants, but eyw. No. Don’t like this picture.

2. I love this photo’s symmetry and asymmetry all in one picture. The way the bottom half of the structure is like, with the circles becoming slimmer and then disappearing, reminds me of the changing faces of the moon.

3. Bamboo makes me think of China. I wouldn’t really like to walk in this kind of forest though, prefer one with trees. It’s a bit claustrophobic since it’s such a straight and narrow path and you can’t veer off course. Will be worried about being attacked from the sides.

4. Woah, this is cool. I bet this is how Superman gets to work when he’s late. Upside-down for him, because why not? Life’s too boring traveling the right way up.

5. Aw, guy and a girl in love at the beach. Bittersweet for me. The out-of-focus shot makes it seem dreamlike which is probably what it’s meant to convey. It’s something out of reach for me.

6. YAY. I like candy. So many candies remind me of a candy army, hahahah. Like they’re going to go lay seige to a lollipop castle or something and get their demands met. Maybe they’re like a union of candy workers.

7. Woah. This is… psychedelic. All the colours and water droplets. Kind of… It’s almost like… a rerpresentation of multiple universes all merging into one. So, either the lives of different people affecting each other, or parallel universes.

I like number 6 the best. I hope they get their demands met. It’s like… saying we’re all different but the same. If we work together we can make life even sweeter than if we’re apart. And I like chewy candy. Now I’m gonna go eat some. :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
INFJ and I like image 1 best. I like the colour and the detail, the fine lines and asymmetry. I don't have any particular feeling associated with autumn. I do recall crunching these leaves, but I don't feel any emotion looking at the picture, I just like it aesthetically.

I don't like 5 because the subject matter, to me, is extremely boring. Of all the pictures I scrolled past that one the fastest.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
INFJ.

I love the 4th image. That picture is intriguing, I love how complex that picture is. In that pic, the buildings are being turned upside down. And there is a guy carrying a suitcase running on the cloud. I think what the artist is trying to convey in that pic is that the guy in that pic actually has his inner world being turned upside down, and he feels this urge to escape from all those inner chaos, hence this explains why he is running on the clouds, he wants those clouds to carry him away to a land of inner peace.

And I don't like image 7, I find that image too boring. I love things that requires me to use my imagination and think, but that image doesn't have much room for me to use my imagination.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
INFP
I dislike the first one because it is aggressive and reminds me of dead insect's wings. The color of it screams decay and death. I like the third one the best because it would help my current state of mind the most. I am not amused by other pictures; however, the fifth one is bit annoying because the fogginess of it reminds me of a very poor and unclear vision in relationships.

Reactions: Immolate

·
Registered
463 Posts
I am an ENFP and I liked all the pictures, especially number 4.
I think it is amusing. I wish I would fall into the sky sometimes.

1,239 Posts
INFP

To be honest I don't very much like any of them too much

1. It looks good but uninspired, it feels sort of one dimensional and idk just gives me the feeling of looking at wallpaper rather than art

2. Its okay but too linear and boring, the sky looks nice tho

3. This is my favourite, I like how the bamboo looks really smooth, and I like the green colour. The tree in the middle of it annoys me a bit and the camera is pointed too much into the sky for me. I feel like those two things eradicate the magical feel it could have. And I wish the colours were a little more vibrant

4. I like the concept, but the image is so bland and grey aside from the clouds which look nice. The way the guy is dressed reminded me of an office and put me off completely

5. I love the hazy effect that works really well with the sunlight, but the setting is too generic to me

6. Hmm its grown on me since I first looked at it, I don't really like the colour of the star candy, but the candies behind it look cool, I like how they rise up and blur out.

7. Least favourite. The colours are so... artificial and so are the effects. Its just so bad to me. Feels like my mind goes completely blank when I look at this image

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
INTJ. I like 3 and 2 is good as well. The other images are too busy and messy. The third one stands out to me - it has a blissful aura about it. Quiet, peaceful, relaxed, at one with nature.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
- What's your type?
INFJ

Because I like the patterns.
Also
Because I want to taste what the candies could taste on my tongue..especially the sugar crystals seen on the pic.

It reminds me of a snake..slithering, parasitic, invasive, etc.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
ENFJ
I like the tree one because I wholeheartedly love trees.
But the glass one above it isn't so terrible either.

Reactions: Immolate

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Type: See signature
1. I like this one the best. It's the most aesthetically appealing. Also, I didn't think of any impressions at first but since you said to do so, I guess it kind of makes me think of Halloween and gives a slightly dark and mysterious vibe. But it seems more dispassionate and serious, which kind of fits me.
2. It's okay, doesn't really do anything for me.
3. Boring and not very aesthetically pleasing.
4. Seems kinda random, which I don't really like.
5. Too social and too blurry.
6. Too sweet and happy. And I'm not really into candy.
7. I don't like how it looks. I usually like abstract colorful images, but not this one.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
INFP here! I feel like the odd INFP here though, as I actually like the first one. My mind automatically went fishing for metaphorical descriptions of why I like it! What's so appealing about it? It looks so natural and warm. It also gives me the impression that this close-up of the leaf really shows how at its core where it came from. To me, it looks like a tree while a warming glow of a setting sun looms behind it. It's as if the leaf took on an impression of where it came from, and it carries it on. Oh and, I love how the intricate patterns seems to be radiating out too. Yeah, I like it the best!

The second one, hm... while I can say it's a lovely effect for a photo, it conveys some kind of paranoid feeling that time is everywhere and is always pressing pressure on you. It's basically an artificial representation of a beach shell. A shell took its time to achieve that twirling effect naturally as time went on. This mirror crazy house image with TIME TIME TIME is a little distressing to me.

In number three, at first, I found stunningly beautiful! However, as my eyes pans down, I became disappointed to see there's some kind of restriction placed. Do I have to follow that path? I want to explore the whole bamboo forest! That path might be taking me to my doom for I know... and any offbeats paths could do the same, but at least I would venture into new areas of interest.

Despite how 'dreamy' number four is trying to achieve, it's a bit too dull due to the many grays and whites. I feel like if I was that guy walking on the clouds, I would feel similar to how I feel when I'm on a high floor of a hotel and then peer of the edge. Kinda scary. Not to mention, now these skyscrapers are above me are pointing at me like icicles that could fall on me at any moment! Basically, neither side, up or down, is giving me any sort of comfort.

I actually like number five as I imagine a happy care-free couple enjoying their time a setting I wouldn't mind being in too! Makes me think of all the dreamy dreams I have of spending time with a SO and we're just immersing ourselves at the marvels of nature!

For number six, I think it's my least favorite as I really dislike sugary things. It's just... too much.

Finally, for the last one, I think it makes great computer wallpaper :)

Thanks for this interesting selection of photos!

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
INFJ

I like the last image (7).

These are some colors hidden behind a blur effect. What are those colored objects ? This is the first question I asked myself. This picture is somewhat mysterious. I like when there is something hidden.
The second good thing in this picture is the intensity of colours. It's not a boring picture, because there are so much different and intense tones.

And others pictures are good too, but not as interesting as this last picture.

·
Registered
SLI, ISTJ, 1w9, 164
2,087 Posts
- What's your type?
Meanwhile I returned to the blissful state of uncertainty, but most likely ISTJ.

Image 3. The path to the unknown that has a mystical vibe to it. It also reminds me of a story I once wrote. The character had to choose different paths in the process of something, but when he finished and turned back to look over the distance covered he saw that there was a single path only with two high walls on both sides and his choice was an illusion. Are we really choose our paths or our paths are predetermined? So, another thing that this picture made me think of is destiny.
Image 4 was also good. The idea of a businessman in a suit falling from metropolis straight into the skies is interesting. It's like the opposition of a serious business world and ideal dreamy one. But I didn't like the image rendering much. It's too obviously photoshopped and I prefer when it;s done in a more subtle ways.
Number 6 was tasty :)

I didn't dislike any of them and none was irritating, which is good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Most likely either ISFJ or ISTJ, and my favorite was number 2. I like the way that the glass keeps reflecting. It reminds me of old timepieces, like this:

Clock Interior design Home accessories

Kind of a time within time, never ending circle thing, which is interesting. It's especially interesting because the 2nd picture looks like new construction to me, so I wouldn't really expect to be reminded of an old timepiece.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
1. disgusting
2. interesting,but cold
3. Something about it bothers me visually,it just doesn't look like it should
4.Weird,it'd look better if the colors were more cheerful
5.Boring
6.A different color should be in the center
7.I like the way it looks

Lol I sound so S XD
It's extremely hard to inspire me with a picture

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.