Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! I've noticed there's a lot of great writers/creative minds on this forum. I thought it would be a fun idea to create a short story together using the imaginations of people from across the globe.

The rules are:
1. Each person during their turn can write anywhere from 1-10 sentences.
2. In order to avoid simultaneous entries building off the last entry, someone will write something to the effect of,“I got this one” (or whatever) and edit the entry (does that make sense?)
3. Once you write “I got this one” (or whatever), you have up to 2 hours to make your entry.
4. Your part of the story can be as crazy or as normal as you want.
5. There's no limit to how often the same person can make entries.
6. The rules are flexible. If you have any suggestions, by all means...

I'll start.

Darcy sat curled up on the couch with her favorite warm blanket on a rainy Friday night. Oscar, her black and white havanese, snuggled up at her side. It was the weekend before Halloween, and her friends had wanted her to go out to some costume party. But, it had been a rough week for Darcy at work, and she just wanted to be left alone to get lost in the sci-fi novel she had been reading. As midnight approached, she could feel the weight of her eyes and her head nodding off, so she dragged herself to the bedroom to call it a night. Her eyes snapped open as a loud clap of thunder echoed in the skies and lightning illuminated the room. She reached to close the window, when something down on the street below caught her attention. It was hard to make out the form through the darkness and shadows, but whatever it was, she knew it wasn't supposed to be there. “What in the world is that?” she asked out loud....

·
Registered
749 Posts
As she stood there for a minute still struggling with her eyes to grasp the situation that played out before her, a sudden emotion got a grip in her and a slight gasp found its way through her lips. At first it looked like a tiny black spot moving around in an uncertain pattern but then the movement became more fluent. She had a bad feeling about this. Still unable to make out what was happening, she decide to go get her little pair of binoculars from her shelf in the livingroom, it had always been a faithful companion on many of her trips. Her dog, .. glazed at Darcy as she passed her in a hurry. Was what she thought she had seen real? Or was her mind playing tricks on her? She had to know. Back at the window she held up the binoculars to her eyes, while the sound of the thunder made for a scary setting. The street lights reflections dancing in the puddles in the street made her a bit disoriented at first but then her sight locked on the black spot. At first she couldn't believe it but then she realized that it was...

Sorry for my bad english and spelling :p

Reactions: mightyoak

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
...Oscar. He stood on two legs. Knowing he was too far to hear her if she yelled, Darcy grabbed her trench from behind her door and descended down the stairs into the lobby, where she could grab a better look at Oscar through the front door windows. As he was now making his way under a store awning that her binoculars could not reach.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts