Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any stories about yourself (or someone else) that set you apart, highlighted your INTP-ness or just are generally strange/odd/funny?

For example- when I was 4 and in kindergarten, we were told to draw our house. Most kids drew a rectangle with a triangle roof, etc- I drew a highly accurate architectural plan.

·
Registered
274 Posts
This, according to me, fits into the category "funny story".

Me and my best friends went on a weekend trip without telling our "other friends".
These two "other friends" found out about our trip, and they were PISSED when we came back.
I swear, they could've murdered us. And they also thought that we had "gone behind their backs".

I usually never use this word, but I figure now is a good time: "LOLOLOLOLOL".

I think I was the only one who couldn't help but laugh at the whole scenario because I found it so pathetic.
These two girls cried in front of us. And they were HYSTERICAL. I had to put in some heavy effort to not laugh (while all the other girls cried. Again: LOL).

It's so funny I could make it into a comedy movie.

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
This, according to me, fits into the category "funny story".

Me and my best friends went on a weekend trip without telling our "other friends".
These two "other friends" found out about our trip, and they were PISSED when we came back.
I swear, they could've murdered us. And they also thought that we had "gone behind their backs".

I usually never use this word, but I figure now is a good time: "LOLOLOLOLOL".

I think I was the only one who couldn't help but laugh at the whole scenario because I found it so pathetic.
These two girls cried in front of us. And they were HYSTERICAL. I had to put in some heavy effort to not laugh (while all the other girls cried. Again: LOL).

It's so funny I could make it into a comedy movie.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Where trouble melt like lemon drops, that's where you will find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly.

Birds fly over the rainbow, why, oh why, can't I?

Why, oh why, can't I?

Why, oh why, can't I.............................

·
Registered
915 Posts
http://personalitycafe.com/intp-forum-thinkers/145693-funniest-childhood-memory-anyone-can-answer-not-only-intps.html

Hmm, there are definitely tons... Let me see...

It all started when I was like two years old and my mother was pregnant. I always tend to want to understand how things work so I was wondering how that pregnancy works and how is the baby doing in the belly... So I asked my mother: Mommy when you eat food, is the food falling on the baby´s head? I really laughed when she told me this story when I was older and I was proud of myself that I had such a great question in that age :D Since I had no clue about anatomy and that we have organs well... :D

I also remember when I was like 6-7 that we were running naked in the kitchen before the bath was full of water... It was winter and the heating was pretty hot and I was like: I am going to burn my arse ! I am going to burn my arse ! Then I really did I screamed as hell and the parents were like putting cold stuff and ointments on my arse ... To this day I dont really know why I did it... Guess learning by fire ...

Once when my parents were renovating the attic they have been electrifying the attic as well and my sister and I loved to play in the attic... Well my father stored the materials on one place and we have been playing the shop game with my sister so we borrowed some materials from father´s storage specifically some white boxes that you put under electric socket... Well we have called this box butter so we went on with our shopping game and then ended the game and stored the items in our "shop depository"... My father was then running all over the place and he was like where are the white boxes where are they I know I had them somewhere and then he asked us and we were like: Do you mean butter? :D

Also when rebuilding the attic I was fascinated by this blue thing that had a nice tip so I went to it touched it and then I was like omg what is going on... Turned out to be a superglue ... I ran to my parents and I was like: Mom, mom my hands are stuck to each other what is that... And my mom was being pretty mean and was like: You will never ever be able to separate your hands any more, I remember running to the bathroom crying and trying to unglue my hands under the water ... When the glue let go I was so happy and relieved as never before.... Then I removed the rest of the glue and avoided superglues for some time... Well every time I use it now it gets really messy...

And my last story...I had new glasses and they were not that comfy so once I have hidden them in the garden... Entire family was searching through the garden for like hours, they were so hopeless they have been asking me so many times where are the glasses... Well when it was evening already I gave up and went to the gutter ending, which was above a water barrel and pulled the glasses out... Who would look there am I right :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
This was literally one of my facebook statuses:

Yesterday my Linear Algebra professor told the class that there's a relationship between atomic spectra and eigenvectors. Curious, I looked it up on wikipedia. It turns out that atomic and molecular orbitals can be defined as eigenvectors and the corresponding eigenvalues are interpreted as ionization energies!

Basically, there is linear algebra in chemistry. What a wonderful combination of two amazing subjects!
feeling mind-blown.

First Comment: Huh?
Me: I get excited about the weirdest things.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
A few years ago, one day after work on UPenn Campus, my two coworkers (one guy, one girl) and I went to dinner.

We were chatting it up, placed our order for food, where I just ordered an entree while not paying attention to what the other two were ordering.

Out came the appetizer which was french fries. Girl says 'let's dig in' while I was babbling. Guy goes 'these are awesome fries. Dude, try one.' I obliged while we were in our mindless ramble. One by one, the fries bucket dwindled. Out came our entrees and I engulfed mines.

Before I knew it, waitress comes out with a menu for dessert. I stared over, Guy finished his entree, Girl got nothing. So I asked the Girl 'wait... where's your dinner entree?' She went right there, pointed at the fries. Then I exclaimed, 'What? Why? But I ate all your food! Now I feel so bad. Aren't you gonna be hungry the rest of the night?'

There was a young couple sitting across from us and that girl burst out laughing due to... how'd she put it?... 'innocent and sincere' my outburst was...

This evening of experience confused and embarrassed me so much such that it made me remember that evening quite nostalgically for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was a child of the 90's, so naturally, when Furbies came out, I had to have one. It was all I ever talked about for weeks. It drove my mother nuts, but she constantly refused to get me one. At the time, they were always sold out and kind of expensive (I really only got things like that for birthdays or Christmas and neither were near).

I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and made friends with a kid who happened to have a Furby. After a few weeks of manipulating the situation, I was able to arrange a sleep-over at his house. When no one was around, I removed the batteries so it wouldn't make any noise in the morning and spent the entire night waiting for my mother to pick me up the next day. When my mother arrived in the morning, I slipped the Furby in my backpack just before I left and thought I finally had my prize. I was numb the entire drive home and my heart was pounding. Within an hour or so, that kid's awful mother called to inform my mother that their son's Furby was missing and if I knew anything about where it was. My mother immediately knew I must have taken it because I was obsessed with getting one. She confronted me about it and I didn't even try to lie because I knew she knew. I had to return it and write an apology letter. The letter I wrote was like an entire page front and back about how desperately I wanted one and how it was all I could think about day and night. And how I didn't think stealing was right, but the desire for one consumed me so much that I didn't really know what was right or wrong anymore. I didn't want to have to steal it from him, I had to. I did truly feel bad, though.

The letter must have made my mother reconsider. Or at least take pity on me enough that around a week or two later, after I served out my punishment with good behavior, she finally caved and surprised me with one after school. I was so excited that I finally had my own Furby and ran to my room and spent the next few hours with him behind my closed locked door. Later that night, when I came out for dinner, she asked to see what he did and what all the fuss about them was (she always thought they were just stupid toys). I didn't want to show her, which she thought was odd. She pressed me and pressed me on it so much that I finally brought it to the table to show her. Before I began running through it's features I "accidentally" knocked my cup of milk over to soak the the Furby and pretended to be upset because it was now broken from the liquid. When my mom tried to dry it off and calm me down (I was fine the whole time) it's tongue fell out and the light sensor was missing. That's when she knew. I tried to cover up the fact that I had destroyed it already by spilling milk on it. You see, I had a history of taking things apart to see how they worked and, in the process (because I was 8 at the time), I often would break them. I did it to our first PC, my N64 and her antique wind-up wall clock. I wanted a Furby, but not for the same reasons as other kids. I wanted it simply so I could understand how it worked, learned words, what the heck that sensor was on it's stupid forehead.

She was furious, having spent hundreds on one that she could only get after driving miles all over the place to find one and calling everyone she knew to keep an eye out. (Apparently my grandmother found one in Massachusetts and shipped it to her). It took many years for her to trust me when I actually wanted new things to have and not deconstruct. Looking back, she laughs about it. I think she understands now that I couldn't help my curiosity and sees it less of me being a destructive kid and more of one that just wanted to learn. In her defense, it was hard to tell as I was also a raging pyromaniac who liked melting shit around the house. Anyway, that's my long ass story.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I was younger I used to look at the details in physical things and declare some detail/small part of something sort of a "celebrity" in the physical object world. Incase this is confusing I will give some examples... If I was looking at say a pine tree I'd fix my eyes on one single pine needle and acknowledge it was special and a part of the whole of life declaring it a "celebrity" (in my head obviously). Or a single sesame seed on a hamburger bun or one of the thousands of holes in a screen on a window. For some reason after the first time I'd done this it felt necessary to do often because I realized I could do it..and the objects now knew I could do it too and it would be very rude not to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts