Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please guess any of the stranger things characters' MBTI types!! It would be the best if you had an explanation, but I welcome all guesses!!:kitteh:

I really have no idea what any of their types are, since I've only the first season~ (Cannot wait to see the second season... i've just been busy:crying: I know, I'm a fake fan...) So, I don't have any ideas...sorry:frustrating:

Thank you, can't wait to read all of your guesses!!!

37C7ED9E00000578-3768381-image-m-31_1472713527244.jpg

P.S. If you want to do socionics and enneagram too that would be everything~:lovekitty:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Eh, I don't know, it's too action-based and not enough character-based to really decide. I didn't get any glimmerings of any type as I was watching.

I'll just throw this out there... no good reason for any of these, just thoughts.
Dustin- ESFP
Max - ISTP
Nancy - ISFJ
Jonathan - INFP
Hopper - ESTJ
Eleven - type 8 but idk about MBTI

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Yeah, I meant why do you think they are all ne... Sorry I didn't make that clearer...:confused:
Why do I think they're nerds? Let's see...

They're the kids whose favorite school hangout is the science lab, and whose favorite home activity is playing Dungeons and Dragons. They're also into Star Wars and walkie-talkies and...

But hey, you don't have to take my word for it. For more on the ways ST pays tribute to 80s geek culture, check out this article. ("Stranger Things isn’t just a horror throwback, but a show that embodies the best parts of nerd culture.")

As this article explains, "Will, Dustin, Lucas and Mike! These kids were thick as thieves and their nerd flags waved fervently at a time that would get you laid on your ass for it."

If it didn't have too many Season 2 spoilers, I'd link to a Vanity Fair article where Sean Astin (who's in the Season 2 cast) confesses that "he occasionally felt 'a little bit guilty' that his geek credentials didn't necessarily measure up with some of the kids', as they really did play Dungeons and Dragons. 'I’m squatting in nerdom,' Astin said he thought to himself, 'and at some point I’m going to be found out, so I might as well cop to it now.'"

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'm not reading the thread as I haven't gotten around to season 2 yet, but I've been thinking about Steve. From season 1 he actually seems like an ISTJ that tries to act like an ESTP a bit, because he thinks that's what everyone expects him to be.

Not sure about all this yet, but I'll keep my eye on it.

Other than that:

Lucas: ISTJ (he's basically the 'voice of reason' for the group, always pulling them back to what the facts are.)
Dustin: ENTP, he's basically got that one down to the stereotype.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why do I think they're nerds? Let's see...

They're the kids whose favorite school hangout is the science lab, and whose favorite home activity is playing Dungeons and Dragons. They're also into Star Wars and walkie-talkies and...

But hey, you don't have to take my word for it. For more on the ways ST pays tribute to 80s geek culture, check out this article. ("Stranger Things isn’t just a horror throwback, but a show that embodies the best parts of nerd culture.")

As this article explains, "Will, Dustin, Lucas and Mike! These kids were thick as thieves and their nerd flags waved fervently at a time that would get you laid on your ass for it."

If it didn't have too many Season 2 spoilers, I'd link to a Vanity Fair article where Sean Astin (who's in the Season 2 cast) confesses that "he occasionally felt 'a little bit guilty' that his geek credentials didn't necessarily measure up with some of the kids', as they really did play Dungeons and Dragons. 'I’m squatting in nerdom,' Astin said he thought to himself, 'and at some point I’m going to be found out, so I might as well cop to it now.'"
Are you okay? I didn't mean to say that I didn't believe you, I was just trying to ask you to elaborate.:jaded: Okay, I understand, thank you for the articles!:kitteh: You sure do know a lot about Stranger Things!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Stranger Things characters are difficult to type, but I'll try...

Eleven: ISFP
Mike: INFJ
Nancy: Very confusing, possibly ENTJ, but definitely not a stereotypical one
Joyce: ENFJ
Hopper: ESTJ
Dustin: ENTP
Luccas: ISTJ
Jonathon: INFP
Will: INFP
Steve: ESTP (not Fi user for many reasons)
Max: ISTP or ISFP (Unsure about dom function)
Billy: ESTP

Reactions: Rydori
1 - 12 of 12 Posts