Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a rather strange encounter this past weekend and it led to a compliment that just sorta seemed awkward. My friend's Mom told me this. "You have the most beautiful skin I've ever seen on a man."

I'm sorta used to the, "You're the nicest a-hole I've ever met" as I have gotten that one on more than one occasion.

So how about it strange compliments or awkward pickup attempts anyone?

·
Registered
745 Posts
The compliment itself wasn't really strange, but the context. My dad was taking pictures a few weeks ago and I was in a few without knowing it, and some girl he went to school with 30 years ago kept going on about how "hot" I was on Facebook. Like not even handsome or good looking. I don't know, it just seems odd coming from someone who's in their 50's to say that about an 18 year old, and to my dad no less. Me and my dad never had one of those father-son relationships where he'd be proud and tell me about it, it probably just made him feel really awkward.

That's actually odd about the skin thing, I've gotten that too and strangely enough I've had mild acne for a couple years and have still been told that. Like how is that possible?

I've had random girls ask me styling tips about my hair, like what conditioner I use and how I blow dry it, and I just say "I use water and my hands, pretty simple."

Oh, and my ex girlfriend asked if she could grate cheese on my jawline. Yeah.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Oh yes!

This would be when I was in 5th grade. Before graduation, we each had to write a secret message to every student in the class, providing them with a compliment. There were probably roughly 15ish of us.

So I received mine and they were the vague and generic. Except from one person (bless their heart) who wrote "I really like the way your swim". Which was great to hear because of it's originality. So I was trying to narrow the last time I swam while in America and it had been during the first month of that year when we went on a class field trip

I was so pleased that my swimming of no longer than 15 minutes had managed to capture that individuals attention and nothing else about me.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I can't really think of any weird compliments... just ones I particularly enjoyed.

Reactions: b3th

·
Registered
266 Posts
(sry, not an ENTP but you said anyone... and maybe there's some ENTPness to this... xD)

friend of mine reading my mystery play:

"It's such a shame you want to be writer, you would've made so great criminal!"

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I've been introduced by many variations of *dont be fooled by his cuteness, that "thing" is pure evil.*
I take it as a compliment.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have gotten some really awkward ones about my eyes/voice/arms. The weirdest ones are always the eye ones though, I have had some chicks get really really weird about that.

I think my favorite weird one though is one I got when I was 3. I was at an all black wedding in New York, and somebody asked my parents:

"Is that your boy?"
"...Yes (crap, what did he do this time)."
"He sure dont dance like no white boy."

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
"You have a big... chocolate"

We were kids and we just saw 7th heaven where that one dude flirted with that one girl, we tried. Mine is too... embarassing, I'd rather keep the facade that I'm cool.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Wasn't directly a compliment, but in 7th grade I noticed that these two guys who sit near me in my tech class would talk about me a lot. They didn't say particularly nice things for the most part, but one day they brought these two girls with them and one of them started talking to me. I had zero interest in conversing with people who were acquainted/friends with guys who weren't very respectful to me, so all of my responses were extremely short, vague, and clearly exhibited my disinterest. I could tell she was getting uncomfortable (which I thought was great - just a few more moments before she gives up and leaves me alone!). But then, after a bit of a pause, she said, "Are you trying to seduce me?"

To be fair, I have a somewhat low voice for a girl (that people apparently like), and I guess my vague speech at times can be construed as "mysterious," especially since I do have a tendency to slip into a sort of lilting tone.

·
I love my everything
10,925 Posts
At the airport, one sweet old lady from Australia (I'm American) said "You look like Mickey Mouse! All you need are some mouse ears!" I'm pretty sure she was saying I had a smile that reminded her of Mickey mouse.

This girl in my class said that we she was probably my mother in our past lives. I had no idea what to say to that or why she feels that way. I think that was a compliment though. She also said I remind her of a pet dog (in good way) because I laugh at some stuff that other's don't understand what is so funny (using that Ne and making random connections). Weird but funny! :proud:

·
Registered
156 Posts
''You are boyishly pretty''... I am a girl

My ex boyfriend said this to me and thought I would take this as a compliment, yeah, nah

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
"You have the most beautiful skin I've ever seen on a man."
After seeing Silence of the Lambs, any mention of another person's skin will always freak me the fuck out.

Love that movie <3

·
Registered
962 Posts
Chatting with a girl the other day and she said I'm like a movie star scientist. I guess I can file that under flirting though so maybe it doesn't count :)

1 - 20 of 95 Posts