Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
The compliment itself wasn't really strange, but the context. My dad was taking pictures a few weeks ago and I was in a few without knowing it, and some girl he went to school with 30 years ago kept going on about how "hot" I was on Facebook. Like not even handsome or good looking. I don't know, it just seems odd coming from someone who's in their 50's to say that about an 18 year old, and to my dad no less. Me and my dad never had one of those father-son relationships where he'd be proud and tell me about it, it probably just made him feel really awkward.

That's actually odd about the skin thing, I've gotten that too and strangely enough I've had mild acne for a couple years and have still been told that. Like how is that possible?

I've had random girls ask me styling tips about my hair, like what conditioner I use and how I blow dry it, and I just say "I use water and my hands, pretty simple."

Oh, and my ex girlfriend asked if she could grate cheese on my jawline. Yeah.
Wow, I laughed so hard reading this and now I can't shake off this feeling of wanting to grate cheese on my jawline !!

·
Registered
119 Posts
"You're a princess. Except you're loud. And un-ladylike. And obnoxious. And eccentric. And hate people too much. And too diplomatic. And too stubborn. But you're my princess." - My INFJ husband (Isn't he a charmer?)

"You're the type of woman I can imagine with red lipstick on, a leather jacket, knee-high platform boots, a cigarette dangling from your lips, and a middle finger to the sky. Yet I can also imagine you as all cutesy and s**t. It's weird." - My ESTP father (He knows me so well.)

"You have the biggest potty mouth I've ever heard, you smoke like a train, you're very stubborn and too damn proud, you're brash and impulsive, people either absolutely love you or want to murder you, you have no filter when it comes to saying what you think, you can be one of the most heartless and careless people I know, and you love to say the most off-the-wall stuff just to get a reaction out of people. Goddamn, you are very attractive and I'm so glad you're mine." - (Husband again while arguing. Things took a turn after this was said. :wink:)

Now that I think about it, I've given quite a few strange compliments myself. I think my favorite one is: "If I could, I'd make a clone of you so every night that you're gone because of work, I'd sorta have you here with me. At least physically. Mentally? Not so much. Clones are dumb. But, hey, it'll have your handsome face." (Me talking to my husband when he was explaining he'll be away for work.)

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
"I really enjoyed watching your evil unfold, like a demonic little flower :tongue:"

from the admin of my first Mafia game :D

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I think I may have gotten one of the best complements at work that an ENTP can get. I had to share this since you other ENTPs would appreciate it. I had to have my boss write a letter of recommendation for me to get a professional license and he wrote that I have excellent "critical thinking and intuitive geologic interpretation". I have to say, I think that was the best work complement I ever got.

Reactions: ches

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was a hostess for a bit.

A guy walks in and goes straight to the bar. The bar happens to be behind the podium. This kid makes direct and intense eye contact with me every time I look his way. Bear in mind that he's one of the least attractive guys I've met thus far. It's uncomfortable for me to stare into the souls of non pretty people. For a good 2 hours, we intermittently stare into one another's soul. My eye contact game happens to be on point.

...He leaves the restaurant with his friend. Moments later, comes back and abrupt tells me "I like Asians and you are Asian". Do I take that as a compliment? How would one respond to that?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Talking about dogs and children (my parents would like me to find a gf stay with her and found a family).
"You know it's impossible for him, his a vampire, he has no heart." My brother
I took that as a compliment, I laugh a lot (I don't like pet and children, or only a very short time).

My ESTP friend call me "Vegeta" because of my hair cut (stiff, long and vertical on my head, I let them like that the morning as I was finding it funny). This week end.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
"Your the most honest thief I've ever met"

And

"You have very soft earlobes"
Who was touching your earlobes and with what intentions?

Continuing the weird train... My bf says I sleep really cute and I never thought much about it until I found 20 pictures of me sleeping (taken all in different days!) in his ipad. When I asked him about it he simply stated that I should take it as a compliment because when it's sleep time and I'm not with him he looks at them and falls asleep pretending I'm there.

Kinda creepy, kinda sweet.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I've also been said that I have a "wise person's" forehead. I guess they thought it was large.

I was said that the shape of my little finger is cute. Had no idea fingers come in all shapes and sizes. Mine are cylindrical.

I was said not once, not twice but three times by different people that I smell like Kinder.

Also this one time a drunk guy told me I am just as beautiful as his sister and showed my the picture of an obese lady. He thought it was a compliment so I guess it still counts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
"You walk like those anime girls" -ESFJ
What, how do you even walk like one, whaaaat??
"Your eyes reminds me of a cat........ Like those anime ones, but I think all anime cats are the same tbh..." -IXTP
GURL, not all anime cats are the same, it depends on the artists, and omggg I thought my eyes were always chinky! Or is it that you are referring to those Brock eyes from Pokemon, those fox ones, those slits?? 😓

·
Registered
36 Posts
"Wait.. your legs are ticklish and you start giggling once someone touches them? You're now my favorite person!"

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was in my living room entertaining a female peer as company, and for some reason my mom decided to play a baby video of me. The girl proclaimed mid-way through the video that I was a "sexy" baby and that she wanted to rape that baby.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
"@WikiRevolution Hey! I saw you the other day in a Youtube video. It was called "How to seriously damage the ears of people you hate: A Karaoke Tutorial." Nicely done, mate. Nicely done."

and from the same person in a thread about typing the person above you :

"Cool uncle fits perfectly with your karaoking hobbies. Now if you just creeped on teenage girls, the persona would be complete."

Hilarious :)

Reactions: dracula

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Another funny compliment, in my 3000 posts thread, probably still from an INTJ :D

"Keep spamming!"

Reactions: sinaasappel
61 - 80 of 95 Posts