Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new here. Just wanted to introduce myself, officially.

I guess i'm here, 'cause I went on a random 'google search' as I do...That lead me to 'personality tests' and me figuring out that I am an INFJ type after doing the Myers briggs personality test.

Uhm...Hello? :laughing::tongue::wink:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
feel welcome =D

Reactions: Stray_Arrow

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well, I'm new too, but welcome to the cafe!:wink:

Reactions: Stray_Arrow

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discovering your true type takes weeks if not months of studying and determining how you think. However, bare in mind that the MBTI isn't rock solid scientifically or anything, so don't let your mind become hardened by its dogma. But yeah, welcome! :) So what, to you, makes you an INFJ?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey again and thanks for the kind, warm welcomes. :D

@Agelaius- Haha! Thanks especially for such a super excited welcome! :p

@Berdudget- Haha and i admire you for telling me that.Thanks. :d Making new friend already...Haha..Awesome.

@zen.spiral- Well, zen, I have actually done the tests all before but it has been at least a year or two since then, so I tested myself again to figure out what i was, 'cause I woculdn't remember and became interested in it again. So thanks for the heads up/warning, I do understand that tests are not 100% accurate though, I have taken psychology before and understand this quite well, I believe. I guess i haven't studied my personality with tests for a long time/ or maybe I have on and off...But I have been reflecting on myself for quite a while, while at the same time doing other 'searches' of my own on the subject, both of my own free will, and those of structured tests, Google related or otherwise. I think I'm pretty sure about, 'how I think' considering.

To answer your question then,

What, to me, makes me an INFJ?

I guess, the caring, protector aspect rings true. I usually feel or try to see/be myself as something other than that, person who you can lean on and depend so much. However I think running from it isn't true to myself either, I am in actuality a really strong person for others but not really for myself. Accepting I am this way is also hard sometimes though, it's what I wrestle with because I don't want to be seen as weak or easily manipulated. I can't remember anything else more about the INFJ type, so I'll throw some things out there about myself and hope they are true to the type. I am very hard working if I love what i am doing, if it's something I can't stand i will still do it just not as enthusiastically because i like to get things done. I like to be there when things get tough and be the support for those around me. I like to be alone, think a lot about a lot of things big or small, important or not so important. I sometimes...or a lot of the time I tend to dwell on things not so important to the bigger picture. I am an introvert, people have always thought I was shy wehn I was younger and always seemed to need to point it out. I have done a few tests of different sorts that tell me that I don't see the bigger picture I'm more of a details first, gal, which I agreed with, but was still unsure about. The MIBT test tells me that I am the opposite though, that I do see the Big picture first. I do focus more on the future and what will be rather than now and what is to happen tomorrow with school/work etc.. As I am not in either and can't make up my mind on what to do with my life. This has been a coming 6 year problem, which may bee due to something else entirely, or not, since it is has always been something I've done, as a repeated function of mine. I also like to know what's going to happen next and plan things, I make lists a lot. routine is comforting to me, which fits my type, however I (think) can get bored, but i can go for hours/days on the same thing, so...?

Anyways, thanks for listening to my terrible interpretation of my own thoughts as an INFJ. I should really read up on more so that I can be ready for another question like yours. Maybe after talking more to the people on, 'personality cafe' I will have a better understanding.

Thanks for the welcome. ;)
See you around.

Broken_Arrow (<<<Hint as to how I see myself)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! Love the title. :D

Broken arrow, huh? :) I often feel broken myself. What a beautiful username.
Oh, wow..do i feel like an idiot. I meant to write 'Stray_Arrow' ...like my username, but I had a 'stupid' moment and wrote 'Broken' instead. i guess i won't fix the mistake, since i did mean i felt broken in the previous post, your reply doesn't make sense though, 'cause that's not my username, sorry for that. I appreciate your post and compliments still, though, maybe I should have used, 'Broken_Arrow' instead...o_O

Thanks for the welcome.

Stray_Arrow :D

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Mankaroni...Haha I went back through my subscribed threads tab and found this...

WOW! i signed up on: '03-24-2012 11:01 AM' Haha...check post #8 out too, I describe what i think I'm like. I think i contradict myself with the INFj type description, lol! I didn't know much about MBTI/enneagram back then, i called it MIBT! lol...

Good times...haha...

Stray xox

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@INTJellectual...Uhmmm Thanks, I've kind of been here a while now though, ahha...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@StElmosDream...uhh necro? I dno why I bumped it, realised afterwards...dufus much?

and... Nice avatar....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts