Personality Cafe banner

68381 - 68400 of 68459 Posts

·
Archer's Master
2,324 Posts
A friend told me once that she was really grateful for having me, that our connection was something else and we were fated to meet blah blah, and she told me I was the only person she was comfortable sharing her feelings with, and of course, I was really happy to hear that because she's a great friend and I like her a lot.
But then I realized I really wasn't the only one. She'd talk about her other friends in that way, too. I don't wanna hold it against her, but I'm someone who gives a lot of thought into what I tell people, trying to be as sincere and honest as I could, so if I tell you something to that effect, then you must be really special to me and you're different.
Ah. I don't know why it's making me sad. :confused:

·
Registered
~existentialist~
294 Posts
Lately, I have felt a lot of shame.

This may (or may not) be my first “C” in a class. I have a C+ in Honors Precalculus, and math is my worst subject!

I have also felt increased fantasies about being powerful and/or admired. I hate the fluctuating nature of my self-esteem. I feel insecure about something, so I fantasize about having more power/admiration.

These fantasies began after I started feeling like I did not fit in. So I would pursue achievements to feel good about myself.

I may (or may not) be INFx. I do not have a strong sense of my identity. I could be ENXP (ENFP is more likely) and a 3w4. I could be a 3w4 or 8wX, and I may have mistyped as a 1w2 for some months.

I wish that my identity and self-esteem were much less turbulent!

·
Registered
Type 8w9
1,504 Posts
Have started grey-rocking.

At first, I would feel guilty for not being forthcoming with my thoughts/emotions. Saying "nothing" when I'm visibly upset/disappointed and getting asked what's wrong, but knowing that my answers would be used against me (especially because my mood would be caused by my questioners!).

It feels fucked up, knowing that someone isn't asking genuinely, but only to have more ammo to toss back at you. To make you feel guilty, and then to manipulate you further.

I spent so many years being told that I am miserable and extremely selfish and self-centered. It's taken me more years to figure out that I am not who they say I am. I just grew tired of being gaslit for existing.

So now, they will no longer have the privilege of communicating with me. I want to be nothing more than a concrete slab in my presence. I am not your trophy child, I am not the symbol of your 'hard work', I do not represent you. I am my own person.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
A friend told me once that she was really grateful for having me, that our connection was something else and we were fated to meet blah blah, and she told me I was the only person she was comfortable sharing her feelings with, and of course, I was really happy to hear that because she's a great friend and I like her a lot.
But then I realized I really wasn't the only one. She'd talk about her other friends in that way, too. I don't wanna hold it against her, but I'm someone who gives a lot of thought into what I tell people, trying to be as sincere and honest as I could, so if I tell you something to that effect, then you must be really special to me and you're different.
Ah. I don't know why it's making me sad. :confused:
Yeah, I guess it is the feeling that you aren't anything special if she tells a bunch of other people the same things. You want to have unique bonds with people.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

What i've listened too last month most too.. Surprised Mazzy Star isn't on it. It probably barely didn't made it.

Mostly experimental and weird pop, world music, and electronic music and infp'ish rock music (shoegaze, dream pop) including artists from South Korea, Singapore, Russia, Norway, Honduras, Colombia and Puerto Rico, mostly female vocals and also some Asian females, some Afro-American females and also Hispanic females!!!

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

HELL ON EARTH!!! IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!!

If heaven was personal and we were able to envision it, heaven would look like this :ROFLMAO:

PERHAPS this is why i'm not afraid of the wrath of God, because Hell has it's charms too..

Perhaps life in hell will be unbearable, but damn it... it will look AESTHETICALLY pleasing

Reactions: temptingthesea

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
Some Icelandic volcanologists suspect that this volcanic eruption also might trigger other ones as it's put elevated stress on other volcanoes that are ready to erupt and haven't erupted in a long time, and show clear evidence of being ready to erupt again and it might not be as peaceful as this one!!! They compare it with domino stones or with earthquakes that might be in sequences too like these in Japan

Like here... You can see that those megathrust earthquakes on the southeastern coast of Japan are SEQUENCED. They rupture and the elevated stress make other segments make other segments rupture quite soon some months or some years after that one ruptured (1096-1099, 1854-1854, 1944-1946), but they might also rupture all in once.

Like I said, Fagradalsfjall might erupt for months, years, even decades or centuries @attic Certainly possible, but the area might show increased volcanic activity in the next decades or this century after this eruption, which is certainly interesting. The Kr

Especially Eldvorp - Svartsengi and even more Krysuvik segments are in danger of doing something now after Fagradalsfjall went. This is a volcanic system. It doesn't have a single vent. Right now, there are around 10 erupting vents.

Reactions: jasassy and attic

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

Almost everyday new vents and fissures open!!! It's so great.

National Geographic's scientist tell you this

Eruption in Iceland may mark the start of decades of volcanic activity

BUT IT's PEACEFUL INFP'S... It's peaceful haha.

____

In this article it says this:

Non-explosive volcanic eruptions are common in Iceland, particularly in the Reykjanes peninsula, although ones where the magma emerges from deep within Earth’s crust like this one haven’t occurred in millennia, according to geologists.

Read more: More fissures are opening up at the Fagradalsfjall volcano in Iceland

NOT SEEN IN MILLENIA in this area!!! :)

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
196 Posts
I've been getting barely 6 hours of sleep for the past 3 days, thanks to my anxiety and the countless nightmares that I've been having.

I was disappointed after reading the derogatory Facebook comments of an article that my country's has published about mental health & the end of work-from-home arrangements. Clearly there's a lot of people who only know how to say mean nasty things and look down on those who are struggling to adapt & get along.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

Just to put things in perspective, especially given we recently saw a study suggest that it even erupted around 5500 cu km of volcanic material (almost double the size of it, and almost three times that of Yellowstone's largest eruption) 75.000 years ago.

There is no strong evidence of cooling, but it likely might explain the bottleneck theory in that humans actually show little DNA variation, suggesting that around 1000 humans survived this disaster. In ice cores, there's no strong evidence of very strong cooling, there is some evidence but not strongly, you would think there was more cooling. The effects weren't as severe as models suggest, however much more prolonged which could be explained by 1. ice cores going so far not accurately showing temperature variation by decade but more by thousands of years 2. the volcano cooling the climate so much that it triggered feedback mechanisms like advancing glaciers, increasing albedo effects so that there was no point of return possible.

There is however a vegetation model that suggests that most of the Northern Hemisphere vegetation by that point simply was dead, and never grew back in it's original form until the major ice age was over. Temperatures in ice cores suggest that the climate never returned to pre-Toba levels, so while the climate was already cooling, it probably increased the speed of cooling for a bit, and was a trigger to a more colder climate and for the strengthening of the major Ice Age. It also coincides with the disappearance of an African Humid Period which usually happens in interglacials, but also confirms the disappearance of vegetation observed in models.

That being said, volcanoes are not the cause of changing the climate, it's part of the climate cycle. It's not like volcanoes were never been around, and life still exists. It's find a way to adapt. Especially given the current distribution of continents is there for a long time as well as plate tectonics, it probably happens quite regularly on a geological scale, even eruptions of that size.

(You can make a case of less volcanic activity in supercontinent phases, but the most massive basalt flood eruptions happened around than, and that actually makes sense, since more magma gets trapped in the mantle when less volcano erupts regularly, which might explain those basalt floods, as well as the breaking up of a supercontinent again, and the formation of new tectonic fault lines and perhaps hot spots), again suggesting a cyclus in that (as well as explanation for it).

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Hey yall, any OGs that remember me? haha. I kinda missed the covid era of this forum.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
i'm a sucker for those stats

this is apparently what i listen most too.
@Electra norway is on it!

Reactions: Electra

·
Registered
Type 8w9
1,504 Posts
Yeah, I'm still processing the whole "my parents are incapable of providing the emotional support that I needed as a child, and now".

I am so thankful for my friends, that I can lean on them in all ways and feel seen. I don't need presents, I don't need financial help, I don't need bribes from them. I just have their time, and that means the world to me.

·
Archer's Master
2,324 Posts
Yeah, I guess it is the feeling that you aren't anything special if she tells a bunch of other people the same things. You want to have unique bonds with people.
Yeah, I guess that's exactly it. Just probably didn't wanna admit to myself that I really wasn't as special to her as I thought I was. xD

·
Archer's Master
2,324 Posts
I thought I had found my answer to "where do i go from here", but apparently, not. I seriously have no idea what to do after my programme, so thought I'd take the CELTA course online, but I've been told that it's not even worth it. So back to the drawing board, I guess. I feel like I'm running out of time. sighs

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

WHAHAAHA

It's so TRUE.

68381 - 68400 of 68459 Posts