Personality Cafe banner

68401 - 68420 of 68459 Posts

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

LOL.

However the "or" isn't correct, it should be replaced by "and". :ROFLMAO:

But i do trust my own opinions, because I rate albums very high that some others hate, but yeah. Seems like this is made by someone who doesn't get some music (and the same for me), but still it's fun.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
A second Icelandic volcano might erupt soon according to volcanology experts!!! @attic because of the domino effect following the ongoing eruption...

I would love another volcano eruption! This time Krysufik will likely erupt a bit to the west of the current eruption site!

Reactions: attic

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

FUCK MAN

Stop this!

These memes are way too good lol WHHAAHAH.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
why are all those great rock artists from the 60's or 70's often pure assholes...

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
The Icelandic volcanic eruption is apparently very different from the eruptions they usually have... which is weird. The magma contents and gasses are very different from what they've found in historical magma concentrations in their neighbourhood. The data suggests that instead of being stored in a magma chamber, the current volcanic eruption is directly fed from the mantle and therefore a small mantle plume rising from the core of the Earth, so it's a shield volcano eruption.

The weird thing about those shield volcano eruptions is that they have actually not occured in at least 5000 years in Iceland, so this is a rare type of eruption.

Evidence from both historical accounts and ancient lava flows shows that whenever this region has experienced a major uptick in seismic activity, intermittent eruptions followed for around 100 years.

“The signs are that it’s reawakening,” says Dave McGarvie, a volcanologist at Lancaster University.

The Geldingadalur eruption therefore provides an unprecedented opportunity to study the long-term volcanic activity of southwest Iceland. Scientists are scrambling to monitor what may be the opening salvo in a series of volcanic volleys, which could provide clues about why the peninsula flares up just once every eight centuries.
Also, since this erupted and since they suggest volcanic systems falling as domino system as one goes and pushes the others to erupting itself, we might see yeah decades or centuries of almost persistent volcanic activity, because that's what the region is known for.

Based on the geological history of the region and studies of somewhat similar eruptions elsewhere in Iceland, another eruption from a different fissure in Reykjanes Peninsula is a distinct possibility, Ilyinskaya says. But this could transpire in days, weeks, months, or even years. It may involve a similar amount of magma as the current eruption, or it could release significantly more.

The possibility of future eruptions is underscored by the fact that the type of seismic shaking leading up to last week’s eruption has happened before—three times before, in fact, in the past few thousand years. Historical accounts and layers of ancient volcanic rock suggest that each time this area experiences a significant increase in earthquakes, it culminates in several decades of eruptions, jumping from fissure to fissure all over the peninsula.

The small and relatively safe eruption occurring now therefore provides a stellar opportunity for scientists and emergency managers to prepare for possible bursts of lava to come. “If this is the start,” Ágústsdóttir says, “this is good training.”

There are indications that the eruption on the Reykjanes peninsula, Southwest Iceland, which began on Friday, last week, is a shield volcano eruption – a type of eruption that hardly has occurred since the end of the Ice Age, mbl.is reports.

An examination of its volcanic products suggests that the magma flows from a depth of 17-20 km (10-12 mi), and is of a more primitive sort that we’ve seen before.

Lava flow from shield volcanoes is generally slow, but it can continue for a long time - possibly years. Such a scenario cannot be ruled out with regard to the current eruption in Geldingadalur, Fagradalsfjall mountain, states geologist Magnús Á. Sigurgeirsson. The magma flows at a volume of 5-10 m3/second.

Among well-known shield volcanoes on the Reykjanes peninsula is Þráinsskjöldur, formed about 14,100 years ago. Another shield volcano, better known, is Skjaldbreiður, northeast of Þingvellir National Park, created 9,000 years ago.

By describing the composition of the magma as primitive, what geologists mean is that its compounds are more similar to those emitted from the earth’s mantle than what is commonly seen, explains Sæmundur Ari Halldórsson, research scholar at the University of Iceland Institute of Earth Sciences.

He explains that the magma from Fagradalsfjall comes directly from the earth’s mantle, without pausing in the earth’s crust. Therefore, its composition is different from that from typical fissure eruptions on the Reykjanes peninsula – it is thinner and richer in CO2.
There is a decent chance, though, that this eruption could mark the start of many decades, or even several centuries, of eruptions all across the peninsula, as has happened at least three times in the past few millennia. That this will take place on a sparsely populated strip of land is as ideal a volcanic situation you are going to get.

Like this youthful eruption we are all marveling at, a new era of widespread volcanic pyrotechnics on the Reykjanes Peninsula is something everyone could enjoy. It won’t merely reveal to scientists more about the enigmatic, magmatic engines that power this ever-shape-shifting country, but spectators, both in Iceland and elsewhere around the world, will gain a newfound appreciation for this dynamic, beautiful world: a pale blue dot flecked with fire.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
Rioting, events and parties have been announced for today. Around 10.000 to 20.000 people on facebook have already said they will participate in today's expected riots of La Boum 2 (the sequence of La Boum 1 the Belgian April Fool's Festival). Police already warned that they'll act harshly. The organisators of La Boum 2 said they'll continue these events, since politicians do not listen to youngsters! And they also stated that if the police acts violently, they'll defend theirselves and also be violent!

THERE ARE GOING TO BE RIOTS TODAY!!!

Groups of youngsters, anti-vaxxers, covid conspiracy theorists, parts of the Belgian far-right, as well as French far-right groups, farmers, yellow vests, so-called freedom fighters, antimasks and artist groups have announced they'll participate and send a delegation.

The place will again be in Waterloo in the same field where Napoleon got defeated.

We had the beach riots in august!!! And we had the april fools riots in april.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
The mayor of my city has refused to adhere to the federal government, and has started to forcefully open all restaurants, shops and stuff like that against covid measures. He's a libertarian right-wing populist and he was elected mayor... He was on television now and spontaneously got applauding from people when he talked against the media. But the federal government has said they'll take actions against him!

BELGIUM IS A FASCIST COUNTRY NOW. The right-wing liberals are the real fascists.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
I hate the liberals, they're fascist and anti-freedom. I also dislike the social democrats because they're hypocrites. I also dislike the greens because they're grifters and I also dislike the far-right because they're racist and don't fight for our freedom. They have been pro covid enforcement and I hate that. They are far-right. Why don't you fight for our freedom, but no they're racist and muslim-hating people. I do like the christian democrats more since they're less offensive, but they just don't know what to do.

The national conservatives are a big tent party and I do prefer them over all other parties. I however still am a communist and that's my first choice, but my second choice is national conservative at this point, especially the libertarian who's part of it.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Finding true love and acceptance from other humans is no easy feat.

Relying on other humans to give you true love, acceptance and companionship is futile. Humans always end up being a disappointment.

Only God really, really really really really LOVES you.

I mean yes your parents love you, but I mean, pure unconditional- everything- love.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
The mayor of my city has refused to adhere to the federal government, and has started to forcefully open all restaurants, shops and stuff like that against covid measures. He's a libertarian right-wing populist and he was elected mayor... He was on television now and spontaneously got applauding from people when he talked against the media. But the federal government has said they'll take actions against him!

BELGIUM IS A FASCIST COUNTRY NOW. The right-wing liberals are the real fascists.
I thought you were serious then I saw your next post.

Thank GOODNESS.

You know how ridiculous it is?
Western Australia:
Nobody allowed to attend ANZAC Day service (it's like Rememberence Day.) Performers social distance.
50,000 people allowed to attend a sports match at a stadium, it's almost packed.

This weekend: Mask restrictions still apply in public areas such as shopping centres, however there can be a gathering of up to 30 people in a home.

People, "The rules are inconsistent."
"Why are they letting people attend a sports match but not a memorial service?"
"The rules are inconsistent, its stupid. I don't get it."

People think the rules are inconsistent, ridiculous, and kind of suspicious about the whole situation- people don't want to get the vaccine- still believe in news reports about 1000s and 1000s of people dying from COVID.

AH, c'mon people you were ALMOST THERE! Think about it a little HARDER!

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I just think the numbers are highly skewed and that Covid was PLANNED, not an accident.

Oh, one of the vaccines is literally called, mRNA. HUH I WONDER WHAT IT DOES TO YOUR RNA? Ultimately your DNA.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
2000 rioters are fighting against cops with horses! It's a spectacle.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
We are antifascist and antiliberal! Because liberals are the real fascists!

This is during the rioting a month ago.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

I SENSE THE SMELL OF REVOLUTION IN THE AIR.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

this is a video about the riots that were announced

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 459
141 Posts
I didn’t know where to share this.....

As a child and adult I moved around a lot. Back in my childhood I went to like 20 different schools and states.

Anyway, lately one of the towns I lived in as a high schooler, been in the news lately. Not for good reasons. For another police shooting Andrew Brown Jr in Elizabeth City, NC ......what’s weird that town was and still is so small. We had one high school for the whole county. There was no downtown etc. mostly farm land. Anyway, it’s brought back a lot of memories

i love N. Carolina (by the coast), it was a very good time in my life. i was in this town for 3 years the longest I’ve ever been in one state/town. I had real friends. I moved my senior year. Anyway I got out my yearbooks and remember.....

yours truly ..yeah, this is when I was typed as a INTP but totally INFP vibes right,lol.....this was a southern country swamp farmland town. I never carried my books home bc I never ever did my homework at home, you could always find me at my locker doing my homework, lol. I think I was doing anatomy. So, weird to look back. This was quite awhile ago. Lol.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
@attic sorry for tagging you so much. Seems the current eruption is a bit more explosive due to bigger gas bubbles, and more pressure needed for the lava to erupt, explaining the lava fountains (which is more reminiscent of laki-style eruption).

We haven't seen such high lava fountains anywhere on planet earth in the 20th and 21th century. VERY UNIQUE. Last time it might have happened was probably during laki's eruption (referring to my username).

It's still a Laki-baby but fine... if it would be continuous, longer in time-lasting even higher up, more activity, more explosivity and more toxic gasses, than it could have an impact but not yet.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
When you want to help every single human being on the planet but that's just impossible and it grieves you deeply.

You just want everyone to be happy.

But that won't happen, not in this time anyway.

What can you do?

I wish I could make it all go away.

·
INFP
6,336 Posts
@attic sorry for tagging you so much. Seems the current eruption is a bit more explosive due to bigger gas bubbles, and more pressure needed for the lava to erupt, explaining the lava fountains (which is more reminiscent of laki-style eruption).

We haven't seen such high lava fountains anywhere on planet earth in the 20th and 21th century. VERY UNIQUE. Last time it might have happened was probably during laki's eruption (referring to my username).

It's still a Laki-baby but fine... if it would be continuous, longer in time-lasting even higher up, more activity, more explosivity and more toxic gasses, than it could have an impact but not yet.
don't be sorry, I asked didn't I? It is like I have my own vulcano-news here :) . I don't have a special interest in volcanoes, but it is interesting, especially now that much seems to be happening, and the question about possibly delayed warming... it is not like it would change how to act, it would still be best to reduce emissions as much as possible, but it would feel a bit hopeful I guess? if it would make it a bit slower and help more species adapt that way.

68401 - 68420 of 68459 Posts