Personality Cafe banner

68421 - 68440 of 68459 Posts

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
don't be sorry, I asked didn't I? It is like I have my own vulcano-news here :) . I don't have a special interest in volcanoes, but it is interesting, especially now that much seems to be happening, and the question about possibly delayed warming... it is not like it would change how to act, it would still be best to reduce emissions as much as possible, but it would feel a bit hopeful I guess? if it would make it a bit slower and help more species adapt that way.
It helps that april 2021 was the coldest month globally since at least 2014, and that the trend is that there is still temporary cooling, mostly unexplained.

Global sea ice has returned remarkably fast to more normal levels, since being ridicilously low in the latest 5 years, but now has returned to levels that were normal for the 2000's. I was quite surprised to see that. There is more ice in the north pole, but alos the south pole has much more ice now than in recent years, and has been cooling again (in charts).

We have to see if the trend continues, but so far... this is good news (for now), and it might be because human activity was less intense during covid 19.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
Cold for England, like so many frost days in april!!

For Europe

Globally

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

Latest UAH monthly global Temperature anomaly suggests April 2021 is the coldest month since December 2011.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I don't want to stop working from home 😤

Reactions: Ewok City

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
There is a saying here relevant for weather predictions. In a cold year, the colder options win, in a warmer year the warmer ones.

Lately the latter was more true, this year it's the first.

Today there is a wind storm haha!!!

·
Registered
INFP
966 Posts
Why do I always get this bittersweet feeling whenever something has ended? It's just like that feeling when a really long TV series that you've been following for years just ended...

I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to this kind of feeling. I've moved around for the past 8 years of my life, and I thought I would've gotten used to it to this point.

Well, on the bright side, I guess life will never be flat. As they say, "when one door closes, another one somewhere opens."

Maybe it's my Si at work here. I'm a sucker for habits, once I stop seeing something that I see everyday, I feel a bit weird, like some thing's not right.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
GOOD News, a coalition of greens and communists will take back Zagreb. CROATIA IS GOING LEFT. Those greens are more like "capitalism is destroying the environment, we need to do something about it" instead of those grifty wishy-washy "more women ceo's please" type of greens.

Also bye bye liberals, nobody wants you anymore. NOBODY!

·
Registered
INFP
966 Posts
Sometimes I wish I could've been born earlier, so that I could see how my dad interacts with my great grandmother. I heard stories from my mom, this happens a year before I was born.

My great grandmother likes to sit at 2nd storey. Her body is already quite frail at this point, but she likes to shout out my dad's name (let's just take John as an alias) "JOOOOOOHN!!", and when she shouts, it's waaaaay louder than people her age do!

Then naturally my surprised dad would dash upstairs, worried that something happened. Then she would stare at my dad for a few seconds, and say, "Oh, nevermind. I forgot why I called."

She'll keep doing this, and my dad will always willingly fall for this trick! 😂 My mom said it was a quite a cute sight to watch. It was quite obvious that she missed my dad and just wanted to see him. Unfortunately she passed away few months before I was born.

Reactions: GusWriter

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
SCOTTISH INFP's!

I endorse Scottish National Party. Vote tomorrow and secure indyref2. I want to see an independent Scotland in my life!

Also Britain turned your back on you with getting out of the Union, while Scotland was in favour of remain.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

What the fuck.

Just imagine how strong this lady must have been.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
I have a vulnerable skin. That's quite clear.

I have two moles that have both something weird happening in them. The one is a halo naevus (which is what can cause vitilogo, like Michael Jackson had but also increased risk of cancer), the second is a Meyerson naevus. And the weird thing is, they're basically each other's neighbours.

Halo naevi (US plural, nevi) are not uncommon, with an estimated prevalence of 1% of the white-skinned population. They are usually seen in healthy children or young adults of either sex. They can occur at an older age too.
What happened is that the mole itself disappeared, and it was one that concerned me. It basically is the reaction of your body eating your own cells that it considers harmful. So, both my mind and my body considered it to be harmful. However it might be an indication that there are other harmful cells on my body (and i've been worried in the past about them).

All right, so what’s a halo nevus? Does it mean that a nevus has gone to heaven and now is angelified? I don’t know if that’s a word. But, a halo nevus is a mole that has a white area around it that looks like a halo. Now what’s happening here is that the body for one reason or another is eating the cells that have the pigment or produce the pigment that makes the mole.

Now if this happens in kids, it’s not really that big of a deal. You still need to see your local dermatologist, and they need to look the patient over from head to toe, to make sure that there’s nothing concerning with either the halo nevus or the halo mole, or any other area of the body. If you think about it, your immune system’s been turned on to eat something that is a mole. So you have to kind of scratch your head and say, “Huh, I wonder if there’s another mole somewhere else in the body that is actually cancerous, and it’s eating a mole here that’s really bad, as well as eating a normal mole and making it a halo mole?” So for kids, not necessarily bad, but you still need to see your local dermatologist.

For adults though, if adults get one of these halo nevi or halo mole, you have to be looked over very carefully by a dermatologist to make sure you don’t have a melanoma which is a bad type of skin cancer growing somewhere else. And if your dermatologist doesn’t see anything, I recommend seeing them again in about three to six months based off of their recommendation just to make sure nothing else is developing. So halo nevi is not a mole that has died and has gone to heaven, but it may need further evaluation.
It might be an immune reaction to avoiding cancer i've read on the internet. But it might also have identified the wrong cell and eaten the wrong cell.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I am so sick of feeling like an underachiever. This thought has been coming around to me as I reflect on my life and my choices. I risk sounding braggart here, which is opposite the purpose of this rant, but I tested extremely high in high school placement tests. I out tested our class brainiac a couple of times and he went on to skip his first year of college and then the next summer intern for NASA. Of course all my evaluations that included any personality assessments said that I would excel at any subject that interested me. That was the key, the interest. I did not have a deep interest in most sciences or math despite my aptitude. Actually, I had little interest in any academic field. I cruised through school getting good not great grades when I gave minimal effort. I went into a field chosen to be "safe" with a solid income, yet there is no passion for it. And despite doing good overall in that career, feel no passion for it, and struggle to keep going in it.

I look back and wonder what could be if I'd found a good direction when I was a youth in school. Heck, it's not out of the question that if I applied myself, I could have even been a Rhodes scholar(been a thought because Oxford has the best history programs and if I was going to make a living from that field while writing, that degree and those connections would have been the best). Yet, nothing like that was on my radar. I drifted.

So now, a novel purchased and published a couple of years ago, I feel good about it as a first book, but know I have better in me. Yet, again I am underachieving in "the writing world". I'm not doing my part of the marketing, facebook . . . ugh! Posted next to nothing on my website. I've used my day job "draining me" as an excuse for not writing as much as I should. I do have another one and a half books written, but could have more. I have not gone back and done my editing to submit my other completed book, and in general I just feel like I'm drifting and underachieving again, in almost every aspect of my life, and it frustrates me.

·
Registered
INFP
966 Posts
in general I just feel like I'm drifting and underachieving again, in almost every aspect of my life, and it frustrates me.
I believe that acknowledging that we're lacking and having a desire to improve is much better than being oblivious to one's shortcomings and refuse to improve. I'm sure you'll achieve something that you can be proud of soon!

All the best. :D

·
Registered
10,754 Posts

INFP's LOVE THIS KIND OF MUSIC HAHA.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
LOL.

The weather predictions continue to favour the cold.. It's absurdly cold... On top of that, it has also become wet. The start of may so far is extremely wet!!!

From 2 april to 7 may only 2 years were colder!!! 1917 and 1929 LOL. And may isn't even improving yet.

The most absurd thing is that the warmest day in our spring could have been in march, because we broke a heat record for end of march. If may doesn't have more heat to come, the warmest day in the spring would have been in march, which would be a first too!

·
Registered
INFP
1,484 Posts
It helps that april 2021 was the coldest month globally since at least 2014, and that the trend is that there is still temporary cooling, mostly unexplained.

Global sea ice has returned remarkably fast to more normal levels, since being ridicilously low in the latest 5 years, but now has returned to levels that were normal for the 2000's. I was quite surprised to see that. There is more ice in the north pole, but alos the south pole has much more ice now than in recent years, and has been cooling again (in charts).

We have to see if the trend continues, but so far... this is good news (for now), and it might be because human activity was less intense during covid 19.
That's really interesting. Thank you for sharing. I live in the southeastern United States and had noticed that this past winter was colder than I expected, and we're having an unusually cool spring, as well. I didn't realize how widespread it was!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Leave it to Laki to keep things interesting around here. I found some music he liked and discovered some I might like too. Lakigigar is the kind of guy I'd want to date if I were 5-10 years younger.

Growing old sucks and I'm not quite settled yet. People wrote me off before I could make it up to them or show them I could be better. That kind of hurt isn't going away too quickly.

I don't even know what to do anymore. It's like it doesn't matter what I do, because I'll get shit on anyway. Whether I try to be good or not at all. That really screws up someone's sense of values. And I don't know what I want either. I don't know which way is up.

·
Registered
10,754 Posts
I'm very happy Labour is losing again. The traitors are going down again! They ratted Corbyn and now they get their own first LOSS. Mwahahhaa. They deserved it for ratting corbyn and purging corbynistas..

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I guess now would be a good time to vent. I've been trying to relax and not pressure myself too hard about my school and WFH assignments, but now it's been 3 days blowing off the work, meaning I'll be in trouble soon if I don't get started by tomorrow at least. I'd been staying at my brother's room all semester but the air conditioning there broke, so I moved back to my room upstairs. It's a very very hot summer here right now and I can't function without at least a few hours of AC. But it's harder to get things done here, the internet signal is unreliable and I'm addicted to sitcoms. I started watching them again to relax myself and now that's backfired ridiculously. I just gave myself a headache watching an old sitcom all day.

I miss several people (some on here, some not from here) who will never talk to me again. I don't even know what to say if ever I had the chance. I just know I'm a terrible person and I don't deserve to hang out with them. Cutting me off was the right decision. I wish I could get rid of myself because I'm getting nowhere fast.

The upstairs doesn't even have a bathroom. I'm tired just going up and down for meals and bathroom breaks. That sounds like a lousy excuse because it is.

Aw man. it's dark already and I have done nothing productive.

68421 - 68440 of 68459 Posts