Personality Cafe banner
68801 - 68820 of 68850 Posts

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
I don't feel like i'm belgian... I have more in common with immigrants than with my own people...

My spirit is asian though. In my blood i probably have both germanic and romanic influences. But i feel like i'm more a mixture of east-asian, russian and viking-germanic..

At the end of the day, i'm an alien in my own country... that doesn't feel like my own...

·
Registered
11,263 Posts

Jees, what the hell is this. There is no known river here.. and suddenly one gets formed.

The next two weeks they predict that the UNUSUAL ARAB RAINFALL will continue as monsoons continue to penetrate the Arab peninsula...

This doesn't have monsoons normally... Is this the BIRTH OF THE ARAB MONSOON SEASON???

·
Registered
11,263 Posts

Gathering of water in central & eastern Sahara!!!

This is the latest long-range 16-day precipitable water (PWAT) anomaly forecast for the Middle East. It suggests the event has now reached its peak. But also that significantly unusual weather may continue for some time regardless.

Much wetter than normal in the Middle East!!!

THIS IS AN INSANE VIDEO...

More rain expected now in Mecca and Medina!

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Models expect a super rainstorm (maybe a typhoon) will hit Japan during the early Olympic Games

Is this going to be the GREAT WET YEAR... soon we will have to build another arc.... infp's should already build it, so that we're safe..

·
Registered
11,263 Posts

Typhoon might hit Japan during the early Olympic Games... We will see, it's still far away.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts

·
Registered
11,263 Posts

·
Registered
11,263 Posts

Sahara's getting a tough time man...

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
@attic; I've the feeling we're starting to see the end of the Icelandic ongoing volcanic eruption... About time maybe, since it is starting to threatening to flow over a town... people have been evacuated and take their possessions... but since productivity is going down and there are longer pauses and repose periods... the volcano might just stop in time before taking away the houses in lavastreams!

It's however LARGER than the average eruption in this area, so we've truly seen something unique!

Since eruptions in Reykjanes usually all are concentrated in certain time periods, it's likely we will see other vents open in the future, but that might take years or decades... We will see a reactivation period of a century, perhaps a bit longer in this area. In the past, if one segment died, the other quickly opens and so and so on... and the entire peninsula will have lava over it...

It was the first eruption in 800 years, but usually there are like 5 to 10 eruptions in a century until the peninsula rests for a thousand years! That's how it always behaved in the past.

We're already seeing other segments getting more seismically active in the latest weeks. Volcanic activity here is through pulsations...

Also, other Icelandic volcanoes might go... Grimsvotn is likely to erupt this or next year. Katla is long overdue... not ever been so long overdue in the latest 2000 years, while erupting fairly regularly (and also showing earthquake activity). Hekla is getting more active in terms of earthquakes... There was an Oraefajokull scare a few years ago, and it still shows earthquake activity despite also not erupting for centuries. Other volcanoes like Kverkfjoll and Herðubreið are also seismically getting more & more active.

Brennisteinsfjöll and Krýsuvík also start to show intense seismic activity. They both were the last eruptions 800 years ago..

The volcano that now erupts (or the segment rather) is weirder since it's latest activity was during the latest Big ice age in which the volcano was formed under the ice sheet back than...

Reactions: attic

·
INFP
6,792 Posts
@Lakigigar Perhaps you have seen it, but if not: There's a series on netflix now called Katla, set in a near future where it is erupting, and the town close by is nearly evacuated, but some people struggle on in the ashes, and strange things start to happen. Thought you might like it, I thought it was pretty good. It isn't very much about the nerdy stuff about the vulcano, but more about people in it's shadow, but it sets the mood still.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
yes @attic; i certainly want to watch it

I'm not even sure if you're interested in arab rainfall trends and north african rainfall trends. But more & more i'm starting to get the belief we're truly witnessing something majestic...The problem is though it might have negative consequences..

This is what basically drives the Sahara and vice versa. Sometimes it's hard to find the cause and the consequence, but what is all linked...

• ENSO changes / dominant ENSO... In the past it used to be less variation and more La Nina dominated. Currently we already have a la nina state for a few years (elevating rainfall in the sahel as well as strengthening Atlantic hurricanes)
  • Dust feedback... dust is an effect weirdly understood, but observations suggest dust travelling through the air is decreasing
  • Vegetation feedback... the vegetation seems to be increasing, and could rapidly increase in the future due to CO² fertilization effect and other feedback effects, although there is a suggestions more weed will dominate instead of grasslands... which could transform grasslands into closed-canopy forests... Ironically this suggests that the sahara when it becomes a grainland quickly can become a close forest / rainforest in perhaps decades or centuries. Sounds weird, but it did it at least once 120.000 years ago. There were also 230 wet sahara phases at least in the last 8 million years!!! meaning at least 230 times the sahara transformed from desert to grassland and back to desert, very abruptly!!! each time in a matter of decades or centuries (also explaining our human evolution, as we travelled north through wet sahara phases, and started settling around the Nile when the Sahara got drier). The Sahara Pump Evolution Hypothesis is a good hypothesis! The Sahara MIGHT BE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR HUMAN EVOLUTION. Without the sahara, you and i wouldn't be discussing this. The changes from wet to dry and to wet again also explains why we had to walk on two feet instead of crawl... as the trees disappeared and we had to stand to see through the long grasslands... instead of jumping from tree to tree.
    [*]
    It increases tropical cyclone formation especially in the Atlantic where almost 3 times as much cyclones will form and much more intense than ever before!!! (including the permanent la nina phase)
  • As more rain falls, water temperatures will fall in the ocean west of the Sahel... The decrease makes the difference between the high land temperature and the colder water temperature higher... causing MORE RAINFALL. Also global warming increases land temperatures quicker than water temperatures again increasing rainfall in the this area.
  • Land use has an impact on vegetation and can desertify an area quicker (this is a bad thing though)
  • The Sahara is impacted by the Indian Monsoon strength.
  • The Sahara is also impacted by interhemispheric changes as well as ASSYMETRIC warming which is happening now instead of what used to be equal hemispheric warming, we now suffer from assymetric hemispheric warming, favouring intenser rainbands more to the north of tropics. Increased solar radiation in the NH does the same thing as well, which is happening as the meditteranean and SW-USA is warming and getting sunnier, increasing solar radiation, again making the difference higher!

This also suggests the orbital changes are getting there to force a green sahara phase... The irony of all of this is that this can happen in less than decades... All changes have been (very) abrupt in the past...

Basically everything suggests (and the models indicate this) that we're on the evening of something great happening.

The entire Sahara might disappear in our life due to anthropogenic climate change. In the most extreme simulations, it disappears all, literally all of it, including all Arab & Indian deserts.

Spain might lol get drier than the Sahara

as the monsoons won't reach Spain...
although perhaps Spain will get more rainfall from monsoons than winter rainfall, and so be reliant on monsoons mainly for rainfall? in the future?

Reactions: attic

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
the films that interest me most i think are ironic religious movies... movies that make you think about religion, but don't have that disgusting moral like in the green mile, but movies were characters go way over the top. I also like movies about cults and occult movements a lot. I like movies with weird, occult settings, but i also love dark soft fantasy movies or hard sci-fi films (not soft sci-fi like in star wars). Or Cronenbergian sci-fi (or like in alien and blade runner), especially blade runner man. I also love slow horrors a lot, but not the kind of horror people go towards the cinemas for, but more psychological horrors and occult horror without jump scares, because jump scares are lame man. I also love emotional anime movies a lot!!!

And i think i also love dreamy movies in an east-asian setting. or south korean revenge movies. I love people about young people who are in search of something and exploring theirselves and the world too.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts

lol i was checking famous infp's in movies.... this is not funny lol

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
@Fennel; i don't know i hope i'm wrong but i'm not feeling well about Taal...

There is some evidence a ring dyke is forming. Last year only 0.03km3 tephra was erupted... but more than 0.54km3 of magma went away. What we see now is continuing deformation of the magma chamber... It's subsiding... but where is all the magma going, and why are their so many earthquakes and more importantly what's up with the record S0² emissions... Also the hydrological activity worries me a bit. The interaction with gasses, rocks, water and magma is not really a good thing i suppose.

What we're seeing now is most likely ring dike formation. It's the only thing i can explain the processes of Taal (and what i've read about it, and it's what other people suggest). It means the magma chamber is emptying because magma is leaking into fissures away from the chamber... Due to cracks start to form because the magma chamber starts to become unstable, the magma rises through that. The earthquakes suggest this is a ring dyke, which means the magma penetrate to the edge of the volcano cone, causing the magma chamber to empty and the rocks to deform and sink. As the chamber is emptying, it starts to get unstable and it could collapse.

This is the exact recipe for disaster regarding caldera collapse. There are three outcomes i think out of this crisis

1. Nothing happens (of course lol). It can happen that nothing happens
2. A repeat of 1749 (as 2020) and 1754 eruption as the next volcanic eruption to come which is known as the worst Taal eruption that happened in human history, with a seven month long active eruption of Taal producing pyroclastic flows and throwing boulders and stones around!!!
3. Worse (in case of more instability or that we misunderstand the precursor to 1754 eruption).

I'm not sure what it is capable of in case of 3. It seems the chemistry can be bad, but that the size of it is too small for it to be supermassive (which is good), but still bad things can happen

At this point, 2 is the likeliest imo. Which will see a repeat of the worst Taal eruption recorded and observed by humans. [It's however possible it might take a few years tho]

It seems the current unrest is very similar to what happened in 1749 and 1754.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,428 Posts
It feels so weird being back here. So many people have gone. And there's only a few who I've kept in touch with over the years. The forum doesn't even look the same anymore either. It's a different place. I hope everyone is well though.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
The communists are helping out man... even our chairman makes himself dirty and cleans up... this is why people love communists and especially why INFP's love communists here.

What do the nationalists do, they tell people that the flemish firemen weren't welcome in french-speaking Belgium, which is 100% bullshit.

He is our chairman!!! :love:

We're called for some reason: "the hug communists" haha... it's like we are called the infp communists haha.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Nah, there's a reason why people defect from those countries.
Wow, i didn't know the only immigrants towards the USA were Cuban and North Korean...
There are no Mexican, Guatemalian, immigrants etc...

The life standard in Cuba is much better than any other country with a similar GDP or it's region. Life expectancy - despite the GDP difference - is even higher in Cuba than in Mississippi lol...

68801 - 68820 of 68850 Posts