Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've looked for a general thread about the strengths and weaknesses of us ENTPs but it seems to be absent. Obviously, we are awesome and all that. But let's get some specifics.

I think it'd be a great idea if we share tips and techniques to improve on our strengths and help fix our weaknesses. I know I have a few problems with procrastination, it's in our nature. I'd love some tips to stop that. But I don't want to talk about me on the introduction post.

Another thing is for newcomers, wanting to learn the basic pros and cons about their new found personality. There is no doubt there is a lot of information on this site about ENTPs, but no one central thread for the benefit of self improvement and self learning. It's all scattered and hard to find so let's do this.

Alright, discuss!

P.S. Sticky?

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,986 Posts
We're about the greatest brainstormers there are. We fire ideas out like a machine gun. We're big picture people, the details bore us quickly. That's why we have a reputation for starting more than we finish. We tend to enjoy the possibilities more than the actual outcomes.

Despite being extroverts, we're actually able to spend hours entertaining ourselves in our heads. At some point, however, we're going to want to go out and bounce our new ideas with our friends and see whether they stand up. We're not afraid to "borrow" (steal) ideas from others and incorporate those into ours.

We tend to love to debate for the sake of debate. We'll play "Devil's Advocate" for fun. In order to understand how others think, we'll take sides we don't always agree with. We never take debate personally, but sometimes others do, and we have to use our skills at talking fast to avoid things getting out of hand.

Socially, we're the "Swiss Army Knives" of MBTI. We can adapt to just about any situation. We're quick witted, friendly, enthusiastic, and we're among the most non-judgmental types. It's just we're usually more interested in what others are thinking than we are what they are feeling. We're generally not comfortable with overly dramatic displays of emotion. It confuses us.

We generally hate to be tied down because we want to be open to the possibilities. This can lead us into trouble with relationships. We enjoy being in them, we just don't want to feel like we are trapped in them. If we get with someone who's too smothering, overly clingy, or co-dependent, we're going to get bored, irritated, annoyed, and eventually, angry. We value our independence, so don't try to box us in. "...Hold on loosely, but don't let go..." as the song goes.

The most important thing for us is to develop our tertiary Fe. It usually takes us a while (sometimes not until middle age) but it gives us greater sensitivity to the feelings of other people that we often miss in our endless quest for ideas and possibilities.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, but it's not very long. Funny it didn't come up on any of my searches.

·
Banned
1,428 Posts

The strength of the ENTP follows from the lack of a subservient spirit that frantically searches for so-called weaknesses, inspired by the non-existent original sin.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
weaknesses:
I think it can be a problem being an extrovert and not leading with feels. What this does it it makes you blurt out all the weird stuff in your head, to share it, bounce it around, you know...and be somewhat unaware of the effect it is having until after some time you notice the person you are gracing with all the fabulous ideas is looking glazed, or sometimes shocked....I relearn, through my life, that saying less tends to be more effective. Or at least letting rip with all the stuff I have to say scares people. Sometimes.

Then again this might be that I seem to spend my life surrounded by big feeler types, many of whom might be sensing feeler types. Interaction being a two way thing, I perhaps need to stop my Fe from allowing me to blame myself...hmmm....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts