Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Check Signature. 100 characters is just awful.
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These methods are really useful and pretty handy when it comes to relieving stress or anger. If you have any methods feel free to post some.

Here are some that I would recommend:
-Plate smashing
-Punching sand bags
-Slime therapy (I highly recommend this as it is really soothing and calming. Won't know it until you try it)
-Sand therapy (Also really helpful)
-Sleep
-Candle Therapy (Where you light scented candles. Make sure you do this responsibly) Using scents to treat your mood is called aromatherapy. Several studies show that aromatherapy can decrease anxiety and improve sleep
-Write it out or talk it out
-Watching something funny or light
-Yoga classes and meditation in a dark room
-Listen to soothing music (Instrumental classical music is best)
-Breathing 5 seconds in and out
-

·
Registered
Check Signature. 100 characters is just awful.
6,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I highly recommend this video as it is very peaceful and soothing. 3 hours video. Meditation Relax Music Channel presents a Relaxing Music Video with beautiful nature and calm Music for Meditation, deep sleep, music therapy. This relaxing new age composition can be used as Deep Meditation Music, Music for Yoga and Pilates , Music for Massage , Spa Music. Also this music is perfect as dream music, Healing music, Study Music, Sleep Music and Total Relaxation Music.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
5,226 Posts
I find firing a few rounds at the range helps.

·
Banned
3,147 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Early retirement, an SO you love, a fireplace or wood stove, a loving pet, an adequate income, sleeping late and a good cup of tea. It also helps if you learn not to care so much, and not to take things personally. The fewer people you have contact with the fewer issues arise. Of course, the E types will have a different opinion regarding human contact.

We’re only here briefly so relax, enjoy and don’t stress if you can avoid it. Tomorrow the sun will rise in the east and you will have a new day to start afresh.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Personally, going outside at night or in the early morning to catch some air without many people up or many noises around tends to remove any distractions and calm me down. Just quiet places in general where I can be guaranteed some peace and space to think. It's either that or I try and distract/overload stress with some other activity: exercising, doing some reading, going on the internet. A long, hot shower helps to melt off some of the stress too. When I'm really stressed, I am prone to eat/drink indulgently, or pace around restlessly to burn off the nervous energy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ummm, depends on the cause of stress.

If the stress is due to an imagined fear...then understanding your mind is the way out.

If the stress is because of external environment, then you need to do something -either take action to correct the wrong thing, or changing your thinking if you can't change the environment.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I'm all for releasing anger. Punching bags, screaming in the woods, destroying something other than yourself. Painting is curious, focusing meticulously on spreading paint is a great stress relief although it's not the first thing that comes to mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts