Personality Cafe banner

RESEARCH for straight ENFJ males only: Which types are you romantically attracted to?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

This is meant to be a RESEARCH survey for ONLY straight ENFJ males.

Poll results will be used in some research work. Hence, I call for your understanding and request you to partiipate *only* if you are a straight ENFJ guy.

Which MBTI types you are romantically inclined towards?
Please vote for as many as possible.
However, if you have decided to respond to my question on this thread instead, would you mind to list the types in order of 'decreasing attraction', please.

Thanks to you very much for the time and effort you have put to respond to my post, and may you have a wonderful day today! :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
WOO! We get one now too! XD

I went for INFP, I get attracted to most types but that depends on the girl... whereas I'm innately attracted to ALL INFP girl, everyone I've met I've been attracted to =D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOO! We get one now too! XD

I went for INFP, I get attracted to most types but that depends on the girl... whereas I'm innately attracted to ALL INFP girl, everyone I've met I've been attracted to =D
Lol...yes, you do get one now! XD
You know, after posting multiple number of polls, I've found out that there seems to be strong mathematical patterns/correlations between romantic attraction and MBTI types. So, I have decided to post more polls (say 16 more polls..haha..yes) in order to be certain about my observations. I am planning to write up a paper on this. How does that sound?

Thanks for your feedback, The Red Pyro! It means a lot to me!
Have a wonderful day! :)

P.S.: What about ENFJs? Don't you get innately attracted to them? Just curious. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Lol...yes, you do get one now! XD
You know, after posting multiple number of polls, I've found out that there seems to be strong mathematical patterns/correlations between romantic attraction and MBTI types. So, I have decided to post more polls (say 16 more polls..haha..yes) in order to be certain about my observations. I am planning to write up a paper on this. How does that sound?

Thanks for your feedback, The Red Pyro! It means a lot to me!
Have a wonderful day! :)

P.S.: What about ENFJs? Don't you get innately attracted to them? Just curious. :)
Hahahaha, that sounds awesome! and I have actually been keeping up with your polls on the other forums, and I love that the INFP's reciprocate my love XD

And as for other ENFJ's, I imagine I would instantly feel something for them but to the best of my knowledge, I've never met another one =(

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha...Here you go then -- all my MBTI test results indicate that I am an ENFJ (though I'm not very sure about it).
So, at least you have met one online! XD

Have a wonderful day, The Red Pyro! :)

[BTW, I have not met an ENFJ guy in real life so far, too. Guess they represent a tiny section among population.]

·
Registered
208 Posts
Apparantly, according to statistics, ENFJ's are 2-5% of the worlds population, and of those ENFJ's about 70-80% are women =)

Yeah, ENFJ dudes are apparantly rare so thats probably why I haven't ever met one in real life =)

And if your not sure about being an ENFJ, what do you reckon you are then? =)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And if your not sure about being an ENFJ, what do you reckon you are then? =)

I'm not sure what I am. :)
I know for certain that I am an *NF*.
Apart from that, everything looks vague...I mean I am trying to figure out my preference for cognitive functions.
Tha amazing thing is that I am usually very quick in accurately typing the others, but I am having a hard time typing myself. :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
See, I seem to be immune to the online tests! Everyone who knows me and knows MBTI says I'm an ENFJ, and I would say I'm an ENFJ and I relate much more to the descriptions of ENFJs.... yet every online test I've taken puts me as an ENFP, apparantly because of my flair for improvisation! But thats not a natural talent, I trained in that for years so damn right I'm good at it! =D

·
Registered
208 Posts
I know several ENFJ guys, but we've locked them in a closet for the safety of the world's womenfolk.
See, my friends make fun of me for this! I don't like the whole "Going to a bar and picking up chicks" scene... but I seem to be the best at it out of all my pals! I have never even kissed a girl that I've met at a club/pub but yet, I seem like I would be really good at it! Everytime we go out, I end up flirting with some girl who has just approached me randomly! They get so jealous because they always have to make all the moves =P

Do you ENFJ's of the Female variety get dudes doing that? =D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I'm not sure what I am. :)
I know for certain that I am an *NF*.
Apart from that, everything looks vague...I mean I am trying to figure out my preference for cognitive functions.
Tha amazing thing is that I am usually very quick in accurately typing the others, but I am having a hard time typing myself. :(
I think you need to find someone on here who you feel has a strong grasp of the MBTI (which looks like a lot of people, actually) and is willing to sit down and talk with you and ask questions. Maybe you need another person to help you pinpoint it. If you've got it narrowed down to NF then I think finding out J or P would be your next best step.... Fe or Ne. Fi or Ni.

Sometimes I find answers WITHIN my confusion........ so for example you have a hard time typing yourself. Why is that? There could be something to be uncovered within that.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I think I'm the only one who voted ISFJ, haha. I work with this woman who is an ISFJ, and her sense of humor is awesome. She never misses a beat with my sense of humor, either, and she's very in-tune with people and I respect her a lot. We practically flirt all the time, but it's super platonic, because she's married with two kids, and I would never intrude on that.

But I can see a relationship with an ISFJ being very fun and light-hearted.

I wonder about ISFP's, though. I only know one and she's a 60 year old woman at work (I was bored yesterday and didn't feel like working so I got everyone at my store into MBTI) so there's not really any sexual attraction. We get along alright, but I don't find them as fun and interesting as I do INFP's. I think it's just because of the age difference. We have practically nothing in common so we analyze other people. But still. I think dominant Fi and dom Fe can work really well together in any setting. But I didn't vote ISFP, because it's not a definite enough answer to throw down :D

Also voted INFJ and INFP.
INFJ's are so much fun and care about me, but are so damn guarded!
INFP's touch my heart.... but can really frustrate me sometimes! I dunno. They know exactly what to say to make me stop and go "Wow.... maybe you're right..." and sometimes they just get under my damn skin! :angry:

·
Registered
129 Posts
See, my friends make fun of me for this! I don't like the whole "Going to a bar and picking up chicks" scene... but I seem to be the best at it out of all my pals! I have never even kissed a girl that I've met at a club/pub but yet, I seem like I would be really good at it! Everytime we go out, I end up flirting with some girl who has just approached me randomly! They get so jealous because they always have to make all the moves =P

Yes, I have an affect, you might say. Not on everyone, naturally, but it's difficult to not know I'm there, even when I'm silent. I'm in no way terrifically extroverted. I prefer to stand within a group of friends than "mix" with strangers, which I find more than a bit nerve-wracking.

At a big house party recently, I was with a small group that I arrived with, plus a few people I knew. I was relieved when my INTP female friend arrived (she literally knows everyone in the history of the universe -- proof that you don't have to be "extroverted" to be social). She grabbed my hand and led me around to various groups of her friends to introduce me. I was quite happy to be led around like that.

Also, my style and my hair kind of attract attention, which is understandable. I don't mind it.

ALSO, I think the guys should give some thought to INTP girls. They rock.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
My INTP male friend is super awesome. This girl I've been talking to is definitely an INT.... but I don't know T functions very well yet to know if its J or P. In fact I don't really know her all that well so its hard to say what she is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm, sometimes. It's really on and off. I wouldn't say I'm a master at it. I'll usually always attract some attention initially then most guys move on to talking to my ESFP best friend. Haha...those ESFP's, they are master flirts!

·
Registered
337 Posts

Yes, it happens. Only with a certain types of guys, the ones that has the same style as me (not the ones who prefer the big boobed blondes, who's showing more make up than brains). It usually happens when there's some room for interaction, not just a dance floor. Which I think is good!
But I know I have some part in it. People flirt less with me now when I'm in a relationship. I can easily turn on the charm if I would want to, so it's not totally random. I'm guessing it's the smiling, being a bit bubbly, looking friendly and having an open body language.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It is a tough question to answer since there is so much more to a girl than her cognitive functions to make her attractive or unattractive...
I think the functions are more likely to catch my attention initially are either strong Ni, Fi or Fe, so I checked the types which had any of those as a dominant function. Hope it's any help!:happy:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts