Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do if you were placed in a situation where you actually had to beg, whether for food or for mercy. For example, if for some imaginary reason, you were reduced to sleeping on park benches, begging for food, or if you were in a courtroom about to be sentenced for 1st degree murder and had to plead for leniency.

What if you had both your legs blown off, you had no wheelchair and had to drag yourself along on the dirty streets, begging for money and food?

What if some maniac threw acid in your face and you were completely and permanently disfigured? (I know that has little to do with begging, but to most people, appearance and dignity is strongly linked)

I'm asking you guys because ENTJs typically enjoy being respected, in-control and powerful, stereotypically more than any other type. What would you do in the aforementioned hypothetical cases? Would you detach yourself and view the begging as a sport or a technique? Would you refuse to do it and die or suffer horrific consequences?

* and assume you can't just steal/rob someone/escape, etc

·
Registered
675 Posts
God, if you're asking if we would beg for mercy if we would beg for mercy, or if we would be disfigured if we were disfigured, then you're not asking a question, but disguising a tautology.

After all, explaining what we would do in a certain situation implies there is something otherwise, and you've defined your request in terms where there is no otherwise. We can explain contingent propositions; no one can explain a necessary proposition.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
God, if you're asking if we would beg for mercy if we would beg for mercy, or if we would be disfigured if we were disfigured, then you're not asking a question, but disguising a tautology.

After all, explaining what we would do in a certain situation implies there is something otherwise, and you've defined your request in terms where there is no otherwise. We can explain contingent propositions; no one can explain a necessary proposition.
Your rational mind can't save you, but it's okay. I'd give you a sandwich.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

:crazy: No, I meant if you were in a situation where you had to CHOOSE between begging and dying (or getting jailed, dealing with consequences, etc), which would you choose? (In the various situations). When I wrote "if you had to beg", I meant if that was the only other alternative to death/imprisonment/hatred from the public, etc. I'm being overdramatic here, but you get the idea.

And if you DID hypothetically choose to beg, how would you cope? Would you be disgusted with yourself or would you just view it as a simple necessity?

oh and the disfigurement, that was sort of a spin-off question... would you live in a constant state of embarrassment and self-loathing...or would you deal with it the ENTP way and amuse yourself by scaring children and strangers in your deformed state? :cool:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Depends on how much I have to beg and how easy/not it is to die. I hope I'll never get to the situation described above, I'd kill myself/ turn things around (hopefully the latter) long before it disintegrates into that, but hypothetically if the choice is between pride and being humbled..

Yes, it depends. Sometimes you have to suck it up to retaliate later; it's negotiable, like most things.

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Registered
59 Posts
We have big ego's yes, BUT ENTJ rationality proposes we take the emotionless route of "begging" as a logical means to an end.

In this case, we get the sandwich, revive our energy, devise a strategy to kick your ass, and end up with all the sandwiches, your entire kitchen, and your chef under our control.

Don't mess with the CEO :)

We think BIG!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would absolutely beg, and especially if I see it as a temporary situation that I'll eventually be able to escape. It's calculated begging. (Like retreating a piece in a chess game).

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Registered
859 Posts
We have big ego's yes, BUT ENTJ rationality proposes we take the emotionless route of "begging" as a logical means to an end.

In this case, we get the sandwich, revive our energy, devise a strategy to kick your ass, and end up with all the sandwiches, your entire kitchen, and your chef under our control.

Don't mess with the CEO :)

We think BIG!
This attitude always seem to disturb me. Somehow, this image pops into my mind when I see people participating in this ego-inflation bullshit:

Your entire demeanour - pimpish-avatar included - reeks of overcompensation. This lack of reality makes me nauseous.

I theorize that a lot of people, not necessarily of ENTJ type, and with unhealthily huge egos read the ENTJ-description and say to themselves: "YEAH, I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING B.O.S.S! POWER TO THE MAX! I AM THE KING!" as they masturbate to the sight of their own reflection.

I have seen this a number of times, and although this happens frequently in several of the type forums, the ENTJ one seems to be in the center of the shitstorm, so to say.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This attitude always seem to disturb me. Somehow, this image pops into my mind when I see people participating in this ego-inflation bullshit:

Your entire demeanour - pimpish-avatar included - reeks of overcompensation. This lack of reality makes me nauseous.

I theorize that a lot of people, not necessarily of ENTJ type, and with unhealthily huge egos read the ENTJ-description and say to themselves: "YEAH, I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING B.O.S.S! POWER TO THE MAX! I AM THE KING!" as they masturbate to the sight of their own reflection.

I have seen this a number of times, and although this happens frequently in several of the type forums, the ENTJ one seems to be in the center of the shitstorm, so to say.
hahaha, exactly. Though I'd say the ENTPs are way worse with this. Good lord, lol. For introverts, ISTPs and INTJs are probably the worst.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
What would you do if you were placed in a situation where you actually had to beg, whether for food or for mercy. For example, if for some imaginary reason, you were reduced to sleeping on park benches, begging for food, or if you were in a courtroom about to be sentenced for 1st degree murder and had to plead for leniency.

I would seek alternatives. I would be the homeless man who would be selling cartoon drawings or playing the recorder for money. In no situation would I just beg. If I had to plead for leniency, I would come up with a compelling case/speech. I wouldn't just beg - I would make a rational argument for my leniency.

What if you had both your legs blown off, you had no wheelchair and had to drag yourself along on the dirty streets, begging for money and food?

Like I said above, there are things I could do for money. I'd learn to breakdance and I'd be the homeless, no leg breakdancer who would work my way up. There are always alternatives... people just need to seek them out and capitalize.

What if some maniac threw acid in your face and you were completely and permanently disfigured? (I know that has little to do with begging, but to most people, appearance and dignity is strongly linked)

I would put on a mask and become a superhero seeking vengeance. Or I would continue with my life but seek a career where I could excel despite my appearance.

I'm asking you guys because ENTJs typically enjoy being respected, in-control and powerful, stereotypically more than any other type. What would you do in the aforementioned hypothetical cases? Would you detach yourself and view the begging as a sport or a technique? Would you refuse to do it and die or suffer horrific consequences?

I understand what you are getting at, but for me, respect/control/power is not just offered to us on a silver platter. We earn it legitimately. I would find a way to warrant that respect overcoming any obstacles in my way. Sure, I would be torn up inside everyday from being mutilated or homeless, but every waking day I would find motivation to overcome it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.