Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, imo they dont mix well. I dont want this to seem like a rant, but I want to see what you guys think about this.

I have always been bad at emotions like anger and especially that. When something random happens that distracts me from what I am doing, and I have to stop and fix whatever it is to get back on track. This relates to Ne imo because then I have to explore possibilities to why it happened and I dislike doing that.(The main reason being I guess is it relates to my personality) Im not blaming it on it, no, but it irritates the crap out of me. Then I end up losing control and mess up by adding more things that I have to do just getting on track.

Anyways, I would like to know if something similar has happened to you. It would help if you could add an experience like this if it has happened to you. It doesnt matter what personality type you are to help me either, might even help us all!!!:proud:

If it pertains to the thread it can help. :)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Runaway Ne is usually a negative thing for ISTJs and will cause us great stress if left unchecked.
And to give a somewhat theoretical explanation why: Because Ne will naturally knock down Si frameworks. It's why it's kept under wraps so much for Si dominant types, lest our foundation of thinking be torn.

Ne types similarly repress Si for much the same reason.

·
Registered
874 Posts
And to give a somewhat theoretical explanation why: Because Ne will naturally knock down Si frameworks. It's why it's kept under wraps so much for Si dominant types, lest our foundation of thinking be torn.

Ne types similarly repress Si for much the same reason.
Spare a thought for INxPs, where Si kind of seems to make you concerned about the future while being drawn to it, but also brings back memories from the past for re-analysis.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Spare a thought for INxPs, where Si kind of seems to make you concerned about the future while being drawn to it, but also brings back memories from the past for re-analysis.
I would have but I'm not as familiar with the tertiary dynamic...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Interesting post. I can't think of a solution to this problem but I do have an experience of it as an outsider. I know someone who would get frustrated over a random occurrence and runaway as soon as possible. In my opinion, that's a bad way to deal with a problem but who am I to say, I over analyze every details when I run into a problem. :p

Does any other ISTJ feel this way and have found a way to deal with problems involving the need for intuition?

·
Registered
714 Posts
What problem needs intuition? We're dominant sensors. Our specialty is "not using intuition".
What OP said relates to intuition. We all have problems that deal with the opposing force of our dominant function. Anyway too late for me now, I'll try to think of something tomorrow. Portal needs sleep.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Interesting post. I can't think of a solution to this problem but I do have an experience of it as an outsider. I know someone who would get frustrated over a random occurrence and runaway as soon as possible. In my opinion, that's a bad way to deal with a problem but who am I to say, I over analyze every details when I run into a problem. :p

Does any other ISTJ feel this way and have found a way to deal with problems involving the need for intuition?
What problem needs intuition? We're dominant sensors. Our specialty is "not using intuition".
What OP said relates to intuition. We all have problems that deal with the opposing force of our dominant function. Anyway too late for me now, I'll try to think of something tomorrow. Portal needs sleep.
We all use intuition, but this is very different from having intuition as a preferred function as described in Jung's theory.

The original poster is not discussing problem solving - this thread is about runaway Ne side tracking you from intended objectives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts