Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note: this may branch slightly into rant territory, but I'll try to keep it on track.

Guys, how do you feel about dating a strong women? I mean one who can take care of herself, doesn't need you to feel feminine and protected, and doesn't give a damn about what society expects of her; she does what is right. Would you date her? Would you want more/less? Does her strength/weakness change how you desire and view her?

Ladies, do you beleive that you are strong women? Why do you need a (stereotype alert) a big strong man to make you feel feminine and protected? Do you need a man to validate your identities as women? Do you want to be strong? Do you want a man to take care of you? Do you want to be equal to your man? Do you want to be stronger than your man? Does strength bother you? Do you feel liberated, threatened, isolated?

Source: These are my thoughts after having a conversation with a friend IRL.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I might be bisexual, so if I was dating a male, I would not want to be submissive in the relationship. I don't need to feel feminine or protected. I'd rather protect myself since I trust myself more. I don't want someone who's 'stronger'(that's kinda broad) than me. I don't want someone who would try to make my choices for me or who will think they're better off making my choices for me. I don't even really want to be 'taken care of' in the sense you're probably hinting at. I don't know why anyone would want that lol
Frankly, it's easier just to steer clear of stereotypes as those are what will complicate things like this.

Reactions: kiera

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
Yes, I would definitely date a strong woman. That kind of strength and self-confidence really makes a woman attractive.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Strength and passion are two of my main attractors.

So, yeah, I like strong women and prefer a chick that's lower-maintenance.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ladies, do you beleive that you are strong women?
Yes, I KNOW I am a strong, independant woman. I've been through rough spots in my life, but I continue to see things in a postive light, and that takes a lot of strength.

Why do you need a (stereotype alert) a big strong man to make you feel feminine and protected?
Ahh this question. Age old one, it is. :wink: I don't need a "big strong man" necessarily, and I don't always need to be protected and taken care of. That being said, when I'm with the guy I like, I LOVE feeling like he cares enough to want to protect me. Not that he does, per se, but that I'm treasured, and that if I ever needed protecting, he would jump right in and defend me. Keep in mind though, I want "strong" as in "strong in his believes". I couldn't care two cents about "physical strong"

Do you need a man to validate your identities as women?
No. I'm plenty strong while I'm single, thank you.

Do you want to be strong? Do you want a man to take care of you? Do you want to be equal to your man? Do you want to be stronger than your man? Does strength bother you? Do you feel liberated, threatened, isolated?
Strong women are my HEROES. I still am a giant marshmellow compared to some people I admire. I do want to be equal to my man, but that doesn't mean that he can't do nice things like opening a door. I feel that women who want equality will get upset over small things like that. Holding a door open doesn't mean you're weak for crying out loud! The poor guy was just trying to be nice. Give him a break. I hadn't realized niceness=weakness. :frustrating: Strength is also very subjective. Everyone has different strengths, and i've YET to meet someone who was strong in every single way possible.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm taking it that the question, for the women, is about Independent women, who happen to be strong. As I grew up with lots of women in traditional marriages who were steel magnolias, with serious back bone and who took care of everyone and supported their communities.

As for being a strong Independent woman, I have been one for a long time. I remember being a kid and watching Gloria Steinem talk about equality for women and women being more independent, even in the 70's and 80's. I think women have reached this in society. Except now, some women forget that the goal was to be equal to men, not dominate men. And it's ok if your relationship is not equal in everything as long as it all evens out in the end and works for the two of you.

Reactions: SaraBell

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Do you beleive that you are strong women? Yes
Why do you need a (stereotype alert) a big strong man to make you feel feminine and protected? No
Do you need a man to validate your identities as women? I should think not.
Do you want to be strong? I am strong of will. Would like to be physically stronger though.
Do you want a man to take care of you? No
Do you want to be equal to your man? If there is a man to be had we will be equal.
Do you want to be stronger than your man? Not particularly.
Does strength bother you? Only when it's used against me.
Do you feel liberated, threatened, isolated? Depends on the environment.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I am a strong woman and have no need for any man. If I ever got one it would not be becuse he would protect me. I want a man to love me. I can protect myself and I can provide for myself. I want nothing more than to be loved. That is the only way I would have a man in my life.

I don't know what other strong woman want or need. I would think it would be different for each woamn.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Ladies, do you beleive that you are strong women?
I don't know what you mean by "strong." Physically, yes, stronger than the average female thanks to genes. Mentally, sometimes yes and sometimes no. It depends.

Why do you need a (stereotype alert) a big strong man to make you feel feminine and protected?
You mean physically? To make me feel feminine and protected? Uh... just animal instinct, and not that important. But I like a man who I can count on to demonstrate integrity and competence in various contexts.

Do you need a man to validate your identities as women?
A man? No.

Do you want to be strong?
Who doesn't?

Do you want a man to take care of you?
Yes, and I want to take care of him.

Do you want to be equal to your man?
What do you mean by "equal?" (Not that again, silly Ne. Heh.) I think the ideal relationship would be like puzzle pieces that fit together.

Do you want to be stronger than your man?
No.

Does strength bother you?
Not unless it is used offensively.

Do you feel liberated, threatened, isolated?
I feel isolated.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I want a strong man whose ass I can't kick. And that is very rare to find, indeed.

Reactions: Roman

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I doubt any man here can outrun you, but maybe that's not what you meant.
Hmm.. perhaps I wasn't clear.

Let me say it this way: I want a man whose ASS I CAN'T KICK.

I'm fucking strong, dude.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I want a strong man whose ass I can't kick. And that is very rare to find, indeed.
If you are somehow reffering to mental strenght, you may have that. Being a marathon runner limits your physical strenght by quite a bit though.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
If you are somehow reffering to mental strenght, you may have that. Being a marathon runner limits your physical strenght by quite a bit though.
You beat me in troll strength and "head up your ass" strength.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Sorry I prefer dumb broads.

I don't need to get into a dickwaving contest at home, theres enough of that at work and everywhere else for that matter.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Do you beleive that you are strong women? Yes

Why do you need a (stereotype alert) a big strong man to make you feel feminine and protected? I don't need one, but I want a big strong man just because it fits in with the perfect little life I want. (White pickett fence, 2.5 children...)

Do you need a man to validate your identities as women? My identities? I know who I am, but I want a strong man to make me feel sexy and treat me like a lady, be responsible and the respectable head of the household.

Do you want to be strong? I don't have much of a choice in this matter. I have always been strong.

Do you want a man to take care of you? It would be great and all, but I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself. I certainly don't want to be the breadwinner in my relationships (which I've done before, and the type of men that I go for do NOT like it).

Do you want to be equal to your man? It's really difficult for me to find one that meets my standards that I'm not better than.

Do you want to be stronger than your man? No. I want that stereotypically big strong man.

Does strength bother you? lol.

Do you feel liberated, threatened, isolated? I do my best to stay away from situations and people who would make me feel threatened or isolated, and I only fear physical threats and isolation.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.