Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Intelligent Enneagram: A. G. E. Blake: 9781570622137: Amazon.com: Books

Did you know that there are intentional mistakes in the enneagram, and its purpose is to hope that people wonder why certain things sound a little wrong and be inspired to figure out why? To say, investigate it? Is it just me, or is point five silently screaming "investigate me, something is wrong here"?

Been flipping through this book, and remembering some recordings of the 2013 IEA conference, Almaas, etc, and this is how I see the structure of the enneagram.
[HR][/HR]
Point 9 carries the 6-9-3 triangle.
Point 9 is the action center and concerns with direct recognition.
Point 3 is the image center and concerns with spatial perception.
Point 6 is the thinking center and concerns with temporal perception.
The duality of 3-6 is unity at 9.
3-6 is "unity in multiplicity".
Think fractals.

[HR][/HR]
Point 3 carries the 4-1-7 triangle.
Point 3 is the image center and concerns with spatial perception.
4-1-7 are concerned with conservation.
4-1-7's type of enlightenment is "know how". Like they "were given a vision":
4: of deeper meaning
1: of a higher purpose
7: of a plan

To 7->4, have to remember fear (at point 5, who is internalized fear). Image center handles pain hiding. In memories, separate out fear from pain (sevens fear being in pain). Pain is 4. In anchoring my body, I felt a hard iron-heart core/shield thing... like a literal strength of heart.

To 4->7, figure out how or why Holy Faith and Holy Origin is connected. Holy Faith and Holy Origin refer to the source as "one's true existence (Holy Truth), as perfect existence (Holy Perfection), and as intrinsically good and loving existence (Holy Love)" (Almaas).
[HR][/HR]
Point 6 carries the 5-8-2 triangle.
Point 6 is the thinking center and concerns with temporal perception.
5-8-2 are concerned with bringing about the new.
5-8-2's type of enlightenment is "wisdom".
5: hazards/caution
8: seeing the big picture
2: possibilities

To 2->5, confront fear (to get to fear center) of isolation (point 5). Twos fear isolation.

To 5->2, fives need to "get superior information from point six", which I've read it as "fives need Holy Strength". Holy Strength requires courage, the strength of heart, which sounds like a key to the heart center. Type six is also type five's only source to the powers of a closed triangle. Confront fear of love (point 2). I think "non-attachment" transforms further into "generosity" or "charity", a true counter to the vice of avarice.
[HR][/HR]
Result:

[HR][/HR]
And a Persona 3 shout-out!

He teaches a class on magic. So in a sense, if you're studying the enneagram, you are practicing witchcraft! Congratulations!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts