22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have come up with evenly spread percentages
Extrovert 42
Intuitive 61
Thinking 50
Perceiving 70

did a shortened version of the test though

so far I know that I'm Ni and Pe but that's about it...is there such thing as a lousy personality? am in early 20's and only child...wondering if that would explain things?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You know, if you are fairly in the middle in all the dimension, there's a high probability that you are really a very well-rounded person with a well developed personality... I don't see why you have any reason to see yourself as less than anyone else...

As for your type, assuming Ni as dominant and Pe, that gives either INFJ or INTJ. I'd suggest the latter of the two. The tests in themselves (even the proper MBTI®) does not always give very accurate results, but at least we could start somewhere.

And no, you're no more doomed than the rest of us! :crazy:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are too kind :unsure:

Reactions: penchant

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
so far I know that I'm Ni and Pe but that's about it...is there such thing as a lousy personality? am in early 20's and only child...wondering if that would explain things?
Test assumes that you can answer questions accurately, that your answers will be an true representation of yourself. But it is difficult to provide such answers because we are not perfect judges of our own behavior. Sometimes people also answer test questions as they want to be like, rather as they truly are, so then the test corresponds more to their ideal personality rather than true one.

I would recommend taking different kinds of MBTI tests and also starting to do some basic reading on the theory. From this you can then determine whether you are extravert or introvert, feeler or thinker, sensor or intuitive and narrow down your personality to a few choices.

More tests:
Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes
Careerstrength(TM) Step 1

MBTI theory - read through this:
personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/24032-intro-function-theory-more-detailed-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html
Fundamental Nature of the MBTI
ENFP Wiki
MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks - took the tests from the links and am still fairly even, but have dominant introverted thinking Ti over Ne and theorist over improviser...hope I'm getting the hang of it. can tell I've got a lot more reading to do...will settle for introverted for now :mellow:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well Introverted with dominant Ti and auxiliary Ne is just another way of saying INTP. But I still think you might be an extrovert and ENTP. NPs tend to be more "introverted" even as extraverts... A way to tell could be to try determining whether you are using Si as tertiary and Fe as inferior, or rather Fe as tertiary and Si as auxiliary.

·
Banned
166 Posts
no

your reliable a straight shooter what some find boring you call security nothing wrong with that

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, but I'm not a sensory...hey well, it was inevitable. thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts