Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stupid self doubting nagging voices in my head had prevented me from truly facing and talking about my truest feelings a lot of times.

I read from an article that one shouldn't think too much to the point of talking ourselves out of our feelings, especially when our feelings may have more validity and relevance than we think.

Oh, how the world underestimates emotional language and importance. Sucks, doesn't it?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I know what you mean.

Just last night I posted this long rant in the confession thread about wanting to go through with a divorce tomorrow. Then last night after I posted it, my wife tells me she is PMS'ing, so I figure I will wait a week because I want more time to make sure I get everything together and timing is everything, so telling a PMS'ing woman that you want to leave her after 7 years is probably not the best idea when you want things to be amicable.

Then today as we ate lunch, things were good and she starts telling me that she is starting to exercise and slowly coming around to doing some of the things I have been encouraging her to do.

Now I'm totally confused and filled with self doubt about my plans. On one hand I don't know that we'll ever truly be the star-crossed lovers that I wish we would be. On the other hand, I still love her, she is my best friend, and I wonder if she could get herself together enough to where we are generally happy with one another. I think I'm just going to approach it as "I need to lay everything out on the line with her and see where we go from there" rather than having concrete plans of staying or leaving. But then I worry that I am just trying to hide the truth from myself too and am keeping myself from what I really want. As soon as I start to think that, something else happens that makes me feel like I'm being too harsh and selfish.

Sorry, I don't mean to keep filling up posts with my marital problems, but I feel if I wasn't an INFP this would be so much easier and clearer :/

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean.

Just last night I posted this long rant in the confession thread about wanting to go through with a divorce tomorrow. Then last night after I posted it, my wife tells me she is PMS'ing, so I figure I will wait a week because I want more time to make sure I get everything together and timing is everything, so telling a PMS'ing woman that you want to leave her after 7 years is probably not the best idea when you want things to be amicable.

Then today as we ate lunch, things were good and she starts telling me that she is starting to exercise and slowly coming around to doing some of the things I have been encouraging her to do.

Now I'm totally confused and filled with self doubt about my plans. On one hand I don't know that we'll ever truly be the star-crossed lovers that I wish we would be. On the other hand, I still love her, she is my best friend, and I wonder if she could get herself together enough to where we are generally happy with one another. I think I'm just going to approach it as "I need to lay everything out on the line with her and see where we go from there" rather than having concrete plans of staying or leaving. But then I worry that I am just trying to hide the truth from myself too and am keeping myself from what I really want. As soon as I start to think that, something else happens that makes me feel like I'm being too harsh and selfish.

Sorry, I don't mean to keep filling up posts with my marital problems, but I feel if I wasn't an INFP this would be so much easier and clearer :/
It is perfectly alright, I do not want to feel like the only spammer in the forum :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts