Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna read thoughts, every single one is appreciated.

How do you explain this guy, if not by "stupid"
We became friends, and we're coworkers. As for me , he's cool, I like him around and enjoy being friends with him.
As for him, he did everything showing that he, well, liked me. (the playing with my hair, "coincidence" touching, talking by messages on phone and if I'm not there he talked alone, then every time he says "stay" and don't go)
Anywhos, yesterday he asked me about having a boyfriend. I told him the truth about being in a complicated situation nothing more, HE said he's single.
TODAY, while chatting, he said he lied about it, and that he thinks it would be bragging if he said he had a girl.

So, what do you guys think?

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
Wait...what?

If he didn't want to brag, then why did he mention it later?
Sounds fishy.

Are you actually interested in this guy, or just being bothered by him?

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,901 Posts
Either he feels embarrassed because he's single (for some strange reason), so made up a gf or he feels bad about lying or figured lying wasn't necessary and wanted to be honest. :confused:

Reactions: Obscure

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Odd,
I think the intention is the issue at hand here!

Why would he say he's single?
Was it a way to get you and him to "get" somewhere?
Or was it a genuine slip up!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He lied. It doesn't matter the reason, really, the only thing that matters is that he lied. Can't really trust someone who lies, especially about something like that.
You know? The thing is, he couldn't handle me. So he gave this excuse to get away, as I think.
i don't really ask too much from a friend, not even help. I just want my friends to be real and Honnest with me, with no complications.

Today he ignored me. I asked him about his drama, he said "we hav nothing to talk about together" he's not even talking to me.
i don't get this sudden change!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
You know? The thing is, he couldn't handle me. So he gave this excuse to get away, as I think.
i don't really ask too much from a friend, not even help. I just want my friends to be real and Honnest with me, with no complications.

Today he ignored me. I asked him about his drama, he said "we hav nothing to talk about together" he's not even talking to me.
Well, he's made himself clear. All you can do is treat him based on how he acts towards you. Best to just let it go and be content with the people who don't make drama. :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I think he just wanted to get in your pants, found you too difficult, and decided to give up?
I've unknowingly have been a contributor to that. I look back and facepalm, every time, at how silly I was for allowing that energy into the world all together. What was going on up in my head unit? HA oh geez.

·
MOTM May 2014
7,026 Posts
He is obviously not bf OR friend material, so you just continue to act like a professional (which is something he doesn't seem able to manage), but make sure to keep a strict personal distance with him from now on. How long have you been there now? Two weeks or so? He is not worth your energy, but you can use him to practice dealing with work place drama on - higher road and all that good stuff. :)

What it boils down to is that HE is the one with issues, so HE is the one who needs to deal with them - not you!

·
Registered
136 Posts
He is a liar, and you don't need him. He has a girlfriend, but wants to cheat with you. He finally told you that he has a girlfriend because he figured that since you work together, you might find out from other about his girlfriend. If you have good sense, you'll move on.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I can only speak for myself on this, but generally if I'm into a woman, it doesn't go the way I would like it to go, I just cut the cord. I don't buy this "let's stay friends" crap, it's just going to create drama at some point.

Reactions: Obscure

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He is obviously not bf OR friend material, so you just continue to act like a professional (which is something he doesn't seem able to manage), but make sure to keep a strict personal distance with him from now on. How long have you been there now? Two weeks or so? He is not worth your energy, but you can use him to practice dealing with work place drama on - higher road and all that good stuff. :)

What it boils down to is that HE is the one with issues, so HE is the one who needs to deal with them - not you!
Thank you Swede!
You're right, it's his freaking problem not mine. I got sad because we were really good, at ease. Yet suddenly he pooped in the whole thing, out of nowhere.
And it's been half a month. And yup, I'm being formal with him. Once an idiot always an idiot -.-

1 - 20 of 22 Posts