Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I was walking in the streets of Central London with a mate at around 2am. This was unplanned and was to get myself home. For a moment I felt this overwhelm nostalgic emotions that couldn't be defined but were like a bundle of captured experiences. It was like I'd done this before but not in my form - like I was someone else.

Anyone else feel this? It was odd. I say subconscious because I'm aware of my surroundings but my emotions aren't.

I also tend to have certain moods that trigger according to environments, a bit like what happens in art or literature.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I do believe what you are describing is a case of déjà-vu (French for already seen). I've had that feeling before, even in places i've never been, so I understand how weird and unexpected it can sometimes feel. I tend to think that I misinterpret the feeling, and that all it really is just a strong emotional reaction to my surroundings.

In recent memory, I went for a walk to the local park in my neighbourhood for the first time in many years. I walked along a mile-long trail encircling a lake in the center, and when I finally got a full-on view of the lake, my heart felt like it wanted to jump out of my chest. I got a really strong emotional response, even though i've seen that lake dozens of times in my life. It felt like I was seeing it for the very first time.

Or perhaps you had a dream at some point in your life where you were walking the streets in Central London, and your brain unconsciously remembers that in in some way? Sometimes I wonder if some of the weirder memories I have from my childhood weren't actually just dreams I had during that period of my life. It's actually pretty eerie if you think about it.

:ghost:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Artemicion It's much more than deja-vu! (although I get them quite a lot every odd day or so) - it must connect with childhood because there really isn't any explanation unless I've reincarnated and before I was an insect and went around the world :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts