Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, this is up for discussion. What subtypes do you think there are?

---->OK, I saw what people thought, 1-4 are NOT subtypes. Think of them as ingredients for recipes. Like there are MBTI types, which are combinations of different functions, then what I am trying to give you is the dough to start mixing them up to create subtypes.

I'll break down the major traits and stereotypes, so each combination of traits could be combined to a subtype. I'm not going into cognitive functions became I'm not a psychologist/I don't know what the fuck I'm saying.

1.a. Making up our own minds. Not one of the sheep. I think it is responsible for some of our stereotypes such as breaking the rules, making up our own code of ethics (which leads to people interpet us as unethical).

1.b. Being imaginative and a big thinker (1.a. and 1.b.-because there is a thin line between the two). I think most ENTPs would identify with this, and I think it's largely responsible for 1.a. Finding original ways to behave and act, thinking outside the box, and finding the abstract idea behind every regular normal concrete concept. Open mindness. On the downside, most of our ideas are too fanciful, and really hard to actually embody our complex. I think we all heard "It can't ACTUALLY be achieved"

2. Being energetic and jumpy, and social. Also related to being a joker. Love center of attention. Like an endless battery. Also reponsible for not being serious, combined with 3 it created being a shocker. Like being recognized for work, and wanted to be talked about. That is why we love to debate. Even attention whores at times.

3. Don't care about others' feelings. I don't identify with it, and no one saw this in me, so I'm writing this one from observation in this forum. Anyhow, it can be nullified by 1.a, since from some of us' point of view it's fine. Combined with 2 to create a shocker. Also related to not being romantic.

4. Narcissist and high self-confidence. Everyone who just smelled the air when opening a thread from the ENTP forum, saw that everyone of its members think they're superior to everyone in their RL.

Well, now it's our turn to add, discuss, and turn this into subtypes.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well I would identify myself with type3 the most, but of course as everything else in the world of psychology, it all depends on mood.

·
Registered
160 Posts
5. The misanthrope. Being able to deal with very few people. Hating anyone who is not familiar for no apparent reason. For instance, in a public place, this subtype may hate the crowd because they are obnoxious. This person also hates people who they observe and perceive to be pathetic, purely because the observed person displayed human characteristics. With a tone of pessimism, this person believes niceness is overrated. This subtype probably became a misanthrope out of distrust and generally bad experiences with people. However, the subtype can have a special relationship with people who make it past their cold, unapproachable exterior. The misanthropic extravert is a paradox, for they are extraverts, but do not derive energy from oxygen thieving dunces.

I am a mix of 1b and 5. I know that all of the subtypes you made are traits of mine.

·
Registered
485 Posts
5. The misanthrope. Being able to deal with very few people. Hating anyone who is not familiar for no apparent reason. For instance, in a public place, this subtype may hate the crowd because they are obnoxious. This person also hates people who they observe and perceive to be pathetic, purely because the observed person displayed human characteristics. With a tone of pessimism, this person believes niceness is overrated. This subtype probably became a misanthrope out of distrust and generally bad experiences with people. However, the subtype can have a special relationship with people who make it past their cold, unapproachable exterior. The misanthropic extravert is a paradox, for they are extraverts, but do not derive energy from oxygen thieving dunces.

I am a mix of 1b and 5. I know that all of the subtypes you made are traits of mine.
I'm 5.

This is to meet the minimum length to make this post.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

If I am an ENTP. This is so me.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
1.a. Making up our own minds. Not one of the sheep. I think it is responsible for some of our stereotypes such as breaking the rules, making up our own code of ethics (which leads to people interpet us as unethical).

1.b. Being imaginative and a big thinker (1.a. and 1.b.-because there is a thin line between the two). I think most ENTPs would identify with this, and I think it's largely responsible for 1.a. Finding original ways to behave and act, thinking outside the box, and finding the abstract idea behind every regular normal concrete concept. Open mindness. On the downside, most of our ideas are too fanciful, and really hard to actually embody our complex. I think we all heard "It can't ACTUALLY be achieved"

2. Being energetic and jumpy, and social. Also related to being a joker. Love center of attention. Like an endless battery. Also reponsible for not being serious, combined with 3 it created being a shocker. Like being recognized for work, and wanted to be talked about. That is why we love to debate. Even attention whores at times.

3. Don't care about others' feelings. I don't identify with it, and no one saw this in me, so I'm writing this one from observation in this forum. Anyhow, it can be nullified by 1.a, since from some of us' point of view it's fine. Combined with 2 to create a shocker. Also related to not being romantic.
(Nope, not really, maybe occasionally if I never met you or saw you in person)

4. Narcissist and high self-confidence. Everyone who just smelled the air when opening a thread from the ENTP forum, saw that everyone of its members think they're superior to everyone in their RL. (somewhat, a little bit, secretly)

5. The misanthrope. Being able to deal with very few people. Hating anyone who is not familiar for no apparent reason. For instance, in a public place, this subtype may hate the crowd because they are obnoxious. This person also hates people who they observe and perceive to be pathetic, purely because the observed person displayed human characteristics. With a tone of pessimism, this person believes niceness is overrated. This subtype probably became a misanthrope out of distrust and generally bad experiences with people. However, the subtype can have a special relationship with people who make it past their cold, unapproachable exterior. The misanthropic extravert is a paradox, for they are extraverts, but do not derive energy from oxygen thieving dunces..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts