Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would You rather if You could ONLY choose one:

1) Live a life of peaceful contentment full of rich and meaningful connections, being remembered lovingly by family and friends?

2) Live a life where You make a significant contribution to the world leading to possible fame or fortune and being remembered for your invention/discovery/talent by history?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Definitely the first one. I enjoy creating bonds with people, and I'd rather be a major influence to some than to be remembered by people who've never actually met me.

Quite honestly, I believe that through these bonds I create I'm actually able to achieve fame and success as well. Once someone says a good word about you, it spreads and becomes a truth to people. I'd gladly take it to my advantage.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I want to be remembered for what a nice person I am and how I helped the world with my shining niceness ): I guess if you just give us those options I would pick the first one. Like wow, anyone can do an invention, but I want people to remember me for all the loving things I did. If I can't have that, why be remembered at all?

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
I wanna be some sort of interpersonal legend lol
Like first scenario but sooo much more
It'd also be nice to be remembered in history as some sort of great leader but maybe that's asking for too much
Also,when I look at those old actresses it's really nice,how they are still so famous even after their death

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Which would You rather if You could ONLY choose one:

1) Live a life of peaceful contentment full of rich and meaningful connections, being remembered lovingly by family and friends?

2) Live a life where You make a significant contribution to the world leading to possible fame or fortune and being remembered for your invention/discovery/talent by history?
I'm not really interested in how I'm remembered. But I'd love to have a meaningful life, in both relationships and purpose.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Number 1.

I would hate being famous. When I was younger, I always had leading roles in school plays and then later community theater. I loved actually being in the show, but I hated having to stand out in the lobby afterwards and greet people and get compliments on my performance, etc.

And I've already had fortune and the luxuries it provides, and it meant absolutely nothing to me. I vividly remember gazing out the floor-to-ceiling window from my oceanside condo and thinking, I could lose all of this tomorrow and it wouldn't matter. And I wasn't depressed or unhappy with life in general, I simply couldn't find any personal meaning in the nice things I had.

Contentment is so much harder to come by. Plus by definition, contentment is to not need what you don't have. So if I was content, I wouldn't miss fame and fortune.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
I'd go with 1. It's very tempting to have your mark left on the world, but if this means that I have to sacrifice a life with the ones I care about, I rather not. Love over changing the world. In a way, love is changing the world. You changed the lives of someone. You better someone, you better the world, so you get a bit of the other pie also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts