Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Why do u wanna know? And why don't u answer first? ;)

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do u wanna know? And why don't u answer first? ;)
Because I'm feeling pretty miserable at the moment, and it would make me feel less alone if others were to share their stories with me.

Worst suffering for me:
- Physical: a kidney stone.
- Mental: the past twenty months of major depression and anxiety.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Because I'm feeling pretty miserable at the moment, and it would make me feel less alone if others were to share their stories with me.

Worst suffering for me:
- Physical: a kidney stone.
- Mental: the past twenty months of major depression and anxiety.
Gotcha. ;)

- Physical: broken nose
- Mental: death of someone dear and everything that followed .

Reactions: Monsieur Melancholy

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I have no idea. I can't recall the happiest moment in my life either. Everything's one giant blur.

Reactions: ATLeow

·
Registered
392 Posts
Migraines. That is the worst fucking physical pain I can ever think of. Ever. If I never had one again, it'd be too soon.

Emotional is hard to pinpoint. I was hit by a massive tidal wave of emotions when I first moved (~2 years ago). My bird has been having health issues as of late, though, and that's utterly heartbreaking and I hate hate hate not being able to do anything for her. (Waiting on lab work, for example.) She's been the main thing keeping me alive for the past ~5 years, and is practically my child.

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
Physical pain? Not sure. Maybe the time I shredded all the ligaments in my left ankle a few years back. Or was it my right? I don't know. That was pretty bad but it only hurt when I put weight on it, so not much. I guess my physical pain has been pretty limited. There's always something painful physically wrong with me but never enough to make me scream so it can't be that bad.

Emotional gets more interesting. The worst emotional pain and suffering I've ever been through seems to happen about once or twice a month, which is when my depression seems to spike because someone has said or done something. Worst, though? I'd say perhaps around this time last week, and a good few times when I was 16. Plus a couple of other times this year. Actually right now I feel a good deal more shit than usual. Hard to pinpoint.
Although depression has felt like I've been drowning in acid and fire non-stop for 3+ years so yeah, hard to pinpoint.

What @Kito said is pretty poignant, I can't really remember the ups and downs, it's all blurred. I can't put it better than that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Emotional - When my mom suddenly kicked my dad out of the house and the lied to me about what he had done. I was just a kid and too young to handle it. Then one by one I watched all the people I loved the most disappear. I lived in a house with rapists turned to drugs.. forgetting was the only comfort.. then finally that left too. My dad who I had learned to fear the most in the world got custody of me and I had no one to turn to, no one to help. I came close to killing myself several times, I was only 12. That was the worst time of my life..

Physical? LOL.. I can't believe I'm actually posting this. When I was 14 I got the worst rash I've ever seen by using scented pads on my period. It. Itched. Like. HELL!! Then to stop it, Idk why I got the bright idea to put rubbing alcohol on it. That... WOW! Nine years later, thinking about it still makes me cringe!!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Physically: Nothing comes to mind. I've had my mind to stay out of physical confrontation and I've never had any major accidents/incidents which resulted in severe pain. that being said I did hit my head against a concrete step as a child, resulting in stitches. But, surprise surprise, I don't remember.

Emotionally: Probably the months/year long depression I had gone through a while back. I had cut ties with my friends and were ultimately alone almost 24/7 in my room, which got to the point of alienating myself from society to where I couldn't behave in a traditional sense I was once able to. During this stint I had a couple episodes of psychosis (srsly) which I tried talking to my long time friend about, also sharing my thoughts and feelings I were going through at the time. He, in turn, labeled me amongst peers and we separated ourselves from each other since then. I still am going through the repercussions, but it's getting pretty sunny here lately.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
Physical: I've had one migraine in my life and it sucked. I was throwing up because the pain was too rough. I couldn't take anything to ease it. Thankfully it only lasted four hours. I couldn't sleep. I got out of bed from crying to throw up every ~10 to 20 minutes. I got it in the middle of class and thought it was a headache so I went a whole hour during school with it and it just got so bad I had to call my sister to pick me up. I threw up on the way back home on the side of the road. Holy shit I was sweating and crying.

Emotional: I had a trauma when I was 3, excluding that instance of emotional abuse sometimes I get PTSD with it whenever people around me get angry or upset at me because I feel so guilty. I curl up in a ball and my mind gets kick started into overdrive and it gets worse when the person that made me feel like that doesn't understand and they think I'm ignoring them so they get even more mad at me making it even worse for me. That guilt has been the reason I avoid being guilty of anything my whole life. There has been a shit ton more emotional abuse with my father during my childhood. He was an expert at psychologically tormenting people. He was gifted with intelligence but used it in an evil way. I'm not going into specifics with that.
p.s. Please don't feel bad for me. My family had it worse than I did because most of it happened when I was young so it wasn't as bad. Most of the pain is blocked out of memory now. The memories are there but the pain isn't.
p.p.s. What's emotionally killing me at the moment is having lost the love of my life (not death, she just left me). I couldn't really care about anything else at the moment.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Physical: period cramps that caused me to roll around the floor, screaming and throwing up, for about 3 hours, and that ibuprofen did nothing for. It happens once every couple of years.

Emotional: Depersonalization and derealization after consuming too much weed, hands down. The absolute worst mental feeling you can think of. I was convinced I had fucked up my brain forever, and in some ways I was right. I never really thought of the world or consciousness in the same way again. I had at least some degree of depersonalization and extreme fear of death for the better part of a year. And my anxiety got about ten times worse.

Also, I've been depressed since I was 16.

·
Banned
3,426 Posts
Physical: period cramps that caused me to roll around the floor, screaming and throwing up, for about 3 hours, and that ibuprofen did nothing for. It happens once every couple of years.

Emotional: Depersonalization and derealization after consuming too much weed, hands down. The absolute worst mental feeling you can think of. I was convinced I had fucked up my brain forever, and in some ways I was right. I never really thought of the world or consciousness in the same way again. I had at least some degree of depersonalization and extreme fear of death for the better part of a year. And my anxiety got about ten times worse.

Also, I've been depressed since I was 16.
I can empathize with you there.

Yesterday I had horrible cramps and threw up, which happens not as often as it used to, thank goodness. I used to get sick every time I started my period, but now it only happens once in a while, but it definitely is miserable when it does.

·
Registered
922 Posts
What's the worst suffering you've ever been through? The most pain?

This can be mental or physical.

Sorry if it seems like a morbid topic.
in 6th grade the entire class harrassed me everyday without stopping,calling me names such as "faggot " and many other psychologically damaging names

Reactions: mushr00m and Kito

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
I can empathize with you there.

Yesterday I had horrible cramps and threw up, which happens not as often as it used to, thank goodness. I used to get sick every time I started my period, but now it only happens once in a while, but it definitely is miserable when it does.
I'm sorry :( That really sucks. I've also been having a completely random pain in the right side of my pelvis for the last 4 days, and I get random pelvic pains around once a year too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
At age 10 I realized that I was nearly grown up and that my life was essentially meaningless. Like I was terribly depressed, and that was frightening and painful because I couldn't verbalize it to other children or my parents.

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
Watching my mom slowly die of lung cancer was pretty horrible. In their last days, Lung cancer patients basically drown in their own fluids while being assisted through the dying process by the medical team.

Having to tell a mother and father that their 7 year old son accidentally hanged himself on his brothers bath-robe belt (it was on the side of their bunk-bed). I had to attend the autopsy (photo and fingerprint). I'd been on many of those, but with a child so young it really hit me hard.

Sorting through a military plane crash trying to match the correct pieces of people with the right bodies. Fingerprinting a dismembered hand and arm is a surreal experience.

Attending to a female rape victim after her world has been shattered, talking with her at her absolute most vulnerable.

The list goes on and on... But for all of it, there are also happy times. You have to admit the truth of the past, but you need to focus on the positive aspects of your life and press on.

For physical? Hard to say. It's a toss up between having a cracked molar (cracked in half lengthwise down to the root) for a week before being able to have a dentist fix it, and having had a 3 day migraine that almost left me blind. Although, I was poisoned once and that sucked pretty hard :)

-ZDD

1 - 20 of 38 Posts