Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  1. During your most sensitive periods, do not allow ridicule for your emotions.
  2. Cut off contact with any friend who can be unsupportive.
  3. Seek help from a counsellor/psychiatrist and even take meds when necessary. Do not feel ashamed to do those things, give yourself a pat on your back for trying.
  4. Treat it as a period of rediscovery - explore and research on issues that you had not really thought of before but appear interesting to you. (Oh that helped me, lol!)
  5. Do not focus too much on getting revenge or games (trust me). Focus more on yourself and healing.
  6. Share anything that inspires you even in the smallest form with others, and take pleasure in it.
  7. Try to find the good or the lessons even in the most horrible experiences if you can.
  8. Give out as much peaceful energy as possible, concentrate on adding more to the inner peace in your heart. Do not let that person define you until you can only concentrate on abuse and hatred.
  9. There is no rule that says you must look horrible when disaster strikes. Make an effort to look good in public, at least for yourself. Express the inner you that is still alive, even if it still feels like it is a very small portion.
  10. Make a list of good qualities you seek in people (examples; modesty/intellectually stimulating/ friendliness, etc) - then go and try to find them!
  11. When opportunities for change appear, do not be too consumed by fear. Fear is reasonable, but not in all cases.
  12. If you think your experiences or thoughts are ridiculous, turn things around. Express them in creative outlets or talk to someone about them as a way of trying to honestly gain lessons/deeper wisdom of the bigger picture.
  13. Try out something new that you have not considered before. Try a new food. Explore a new place. Keep the adventure spirit going, even if for just a little at this time.
  14. If necessary, change some aspects in your environment so that it signals to you,'' I have a new beginning in my life.''
  15. Do not settle. Whoever says that third best should be enough as long as you don't look like a fool, is a moron. :crazy:
  16. It is okay to care for someone even if that person is not in your life anymore. Someday there might be a way for you both again, life is filled with paths that haven't been answered yet and unexpected surprises. In the meantime, there is no need to head for destruction.
  17. Respect yourself, do not lower yourself through excessive self ridicule.
  18. Realize the greatness of your own individualistic potential and constantly reaffirm it to yourself.
  19. There is no need to know all the answers to feel secure. Find security in who you are, and your core identity.
  20. Don't be afraid to pay attention to your dreams. Tell yourself that you deserve happiness.
  21. Do not spend too much time focusing on the negativity of others or else you risk giving your power up to them.
  22. Reclaim your power and independence away from events that can no longer be changed. One tragic event or even a series of tragic events in the past do not define you as a whole.
  23. If you had made too many mistakes to your previous partner, take this as a lesson to shape yourself into being a stronger, more moral character.
  24. Add more positivity to your speech than you usually did.
  25. Challenge your internal negative self talk and challenge negative expectations set on you. Challenge, challenge, challenge with a passion.
  26. If you really need to, go through the memories, the photos, the gifts -- do not feel ashamed to cry. Crying is a sign of human and gracious sincerity, not weakness. Tears are a mark of a beautiful love even if the path is incomplete.
  27. Remember to trust in your instincts and don't give up hope, trust me when I say that there are certain connections (though not all) in this world that will never dim in their light regardless of time and circumstances.
  28. You can be in pain, but do not lose yourself in it. You are not defined by any set of circumstances or one person. You can love as deeply as possible, but you still remain you. Remember who you are and what makes you love yourself even without the person.
  29. Remember to fight for hope and a life that feels real to you. Because hope is important. All you can do is fight for everything that your heart is really made of.
  30. Balance between other people's perspectives and the voice of your self trust. Even if you read 1000 useful and intelligently written articles, if you don't trust yourself enough, you wouldn't heal.

Written by;
Me :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
No. My list is better.
It will be posted when i feel like it.

Izzie i am sorry for your romantic problems, i can relate, belive me. But, time heals, might sound like a cliche, but it really does.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. My list is better.
It will be posted when i feel like it.

Izzie i am sorry for your romantic problems, i can relate, belive me. But, time heals, might sound like a cliche, but it really does.
Hahahahahahhaha, you always make me laugh :crazy:

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
How do I recover from traumatic love? Hmmm... let see....

Oh yeah, I move on. That's all.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Yeah... no. I move on very quickly. I don't really need to "grieve" much at all. Ones loss is anothers gain :wink:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I think one danger in the "Oh well, it's over, gotta move on, no grief here" attitude (and this obviously doesn't apply to everyone, but it certainly does to me) is that it encourages denial. Last year, I ended a two-year relationship and was shocked by how quickly I seemed to get over it. Little did I know, that was just me pushing aside all my feelings, due to the alarming nature of the huge change I had just gone through. I spent the next six months in a mild and inexplicable state of depression until all of those feelings bubbled to the surface and I finally openly grieved over the loss of my relationship, although at that time I never would have asked for it back. Only then was I able to finally move on.

I think it's important to allow ourselves to be sad and upset and angry and whatever else we feel after a breakup, because it's an important part of the healing process. But I also think it's important to seek help if those feelings last for far too long. Sometimes it really is a massive, unbearable change-- especially if this is someone who has been a part of your life for years-- and some people aren't equipped to deal with that on their own.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
I think it's important to allow ourselves to be sad and upset and angry and whatever else we feel after a breakup, because it's an important part of the healing process.
What is this? :mellow:

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
Yes you are tough as nails. Teach me so i can become an UFC champion.
I don't know if you actually failed to see the joke or if you're doing this on purpose. At any rate, it's not the first time you you get on me, one of the times having even insulted me.
Welcome to my own private /ignore club.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I don't know if you actually failed to see the joke or if you're doing this on purpose. At any rate, it's not the first time you you get on me, one of the times having even insulted me.
Welcome to my own private /ignore club.
And people think INFPs are hypersensitive. (At least we confess our sensitivity.) :bored:

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
And people think INFPs are hypersensitive. (At least we confess our sensitivity.) :bored:
Don't mix hypersensitivity with removing an annoyance factor in order to avoid unnecessary attrition. :dry:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.