Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uptightness. The sole cause of stingyness and negativity for me. Does anyone have any suggestions for those looking to loosen up, or be less uptight? Like to physically relax? :confused:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Okay since yoga's already been covered, I'm gonna go with travel the world.

And how about gratitude? Keep the perspective that no matter what you are going through, there are others that may have it worse than you:

If that doesn't do it then relaxing in warm water should help.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yoga? or is that too obvious? ...ok I'm going with cartwheels in a cemetery .yep lock it in ;)
Huh. Yeah maybe I should start some yoga, make use of the floor and that mat under my bed.

Okay since yoga's already been covered, I'm gonna go with travel the world.

And how about gratitude? Keep the perspective that no matter what you are going through, there are others that may have it worse than you:

If that doesn't do it then relaxing in warm water should help.
Gratitude. Somewhere along the line I stopped appreciating. Insert self reflection here. Thanks for the advice. I'll take it up.

Edit: ..That cat's in a cast! I know it's sleeping, but I hope it's already treated, but I still hope it'll be okay.

Reactions: pinkrasputin

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

- Find cute things and admire them daily.

Find pleasure in buying small gifts for people you care about. Go on a spontaneous trip to somewhere beautiful - mountains/hills/lakes/the sea. Get a massage. Play bogies in an unihabited area with someone. Dance like no one's watching :D. Try and make someone laugh, make silly faces until they do. Go for a jog in an area with trees/grass, don't listen to music. Write an erotic story. Write a tragic story. Cathartic or hilarious, either is good.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I just wanna know how in blue blazers do this tiny little things end up in casts? Please don't say from being trod on :-/

·
Registered
115 Posts
Remember that nothing matters until you make it matter to yourself by caring about it. And when you care about it, you get over-controlling/uptight/worried. Imagine yourself like a jellyfish. You don't have to worry about anything, things bounce right off your squishy self. Plus you've got bad-ass stinger legs to protect you anyways. So relax.

Also, what helps me stop being uptight is to watch shows that talk about the epic amount of space/time that exists in our world. I mean, compared to the billions of years that dust particles have been floating around, what the hell does one conversation at a coffee shop even matter? It matters nothing. It is a blink in the great eye of time. So don't worry. Be happy and enjoy your blink, because it's all you get. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts