Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The anniversary of the last day I saw a friend of mine before he committed suicide just passed. I myself have been in that train of thought before and got out of it before ever making an attempt. I'm fortunate for whatever reason, any time I've had that feeling I've always had a voice pop in soon after and tell me. "Hey, I don't care that you want to kill yourself so much as you aren't finished. You aren't where you need to be as an artist or person, absorb that horrible feeling and make something out of it positive or at least productive. Turn that dark, mangled and hollow feeling into something beautiful and unique."

I'm lucky enough to have something in my life that has been my soul purpose for breathing and waking up everyday even when I didn't want to. Some people don't have that, and when they start feeling the way my friend did the world can loses a genuine and good soul. They probably don't realize the positive impacts they've had on other people I know 'I' don't. Losing anyone, in any way is always hard. And it's just as hard if not harder for a person dealing with these feelings. Just wanted to post this and say a few words along with a music video about this very subject in which during the intro the singer gives a very nice speech that I hope can help anyone feeling suicidal or anyone dealing with the loss of someone to suicide.

All I can say is as he says it's never the answer. You're not alone in that horrible feeling, you may feel it slightly different than everyone else but there are always people suffering right there along with you, and will continue to suffer after you're gone if you make that decision. Given time things will get better/easier to deal with, or either you'll see a way through as you have up to this point. So stay and be that hand someone else may need later on down the road.

So in remembrance to my friend (and all the others), rest in peace man.

*if you don't like heavier music stop after the speech and start it again at 4:58*

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I so agree with you @Mactheknife... the times I have felt suicidal it has been because I have truly believed that my existence has no positive impact. Thankfully, I am in a healthier place these days and can see past these bleak moments.

Your message is a wonderful tribute to your friend and I thank you for sharing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.