Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are mine:

"Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy." (adopted from Iron Man)

"Power corrupts, but its better to be corrupted than powerless."

"Life is about improving your existence."

"It is better to risk and fail than to play safe and succeed."

"Having the courage to fail, and knowing how to recover from pain, is the key to success"

"I don't know how to succeed, but I know how to be patient"

"There are no 100% certainties in life"

"Success is killing all your competitors"

"You can't always win."

"There is always someone better than you. How to deal with it is the challenge."

·
Registered
106 Posts
the wisest person in the room is ussually the one who has made the most mistakes,
l
earned from them by finding functional solutions and...

found functional applications for the knowledge that are acceptable to society.

or one who looks good is charming and spells correctly. LOL

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Learn, love, live.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
"It was worth it." -- This will be on my gravestone.

"Well...I figured, what the hell?" -- Doc Brown, ENTP extraordinaire

·
Registered
90 Posts
"It was worth it." -- This will be on my gravestone.

"Well...I figured, what the hell?" -- Doc Brown, ENTP extraordinaire
lol I love it. I say that all the time.

I always make up my own little quotes and sayings to explain things... one I just invented was...

"Weaker men have been through worse"

I will have more later

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hakuna Matata! What a wonderful phrase
Hakuna Matata! Ain't no passing craze
It means no worries for the rest of your days
It's our problem-free philosophy

Hakuna Matata!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. - E. B. White

I've met so many people, often the scum of the earth, and found them, you know, quite decent. I am an uncomfortable stranger to moral indignation. ~W. Somerset Maugham

I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. ~William Penn

We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. ~Japanese Proverb

Just remember, there's a right way and a wrong way to do everything and the wrong way is to keep trying to make everybody else do it the right way. ~M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

To the sober person adventurous conduct often seems insanity. - Aristotle

Be fit for more than the thing you are now doing. Let everyone know that you have a reserve in yourself; that you have more power than you are now using. If you are not too large for the place you occupy, you are too small for it. - James A. Garfield

Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity. - Christopher Morley

Happiness is an unexpected hug. - unknown

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb." - Sir Winston Churchill

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. - Thomas J. Watson

"I keep my mind like I keep my ipod full and on shuffle." - Quin Sabe

"only assume in arrogance your own insignificance" - Quin Sabe

"We are are as different as we are the same, we are as good as we are evil" - Quin Sabe

Reactions: lyk0s and hmm

·
Registered
749 Posts
"The most endangered species, The Honest Man, will still survive annihilation." - Rush, Natural Science

I won't shut up, and I won't stop doing what's right.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
"My dream is to live in a house where I sit on a rococo chair wearing an aloha shirt and blue jeans." - Mishima Yukio

1 - 20 of 37 Posts