Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of now, our level of friendship is "that school friend you sit next to every day in class and talk to but never actually hang out with outside of school."

Look, I just want her to have fun at prom. That's really all. Do you have any tips for making that happen? If it helps, she's easily excited, blunt in speech, clean, gullible, and in touch with her feminine side. I'm slightly quiet and slightly awkward.

I asked her at school by playing guitar and singing a song, and then giving her a stuffed animal. And - this is important - she said she's actually excited to go with me lol. Not one of those proms that were doomed from the start because only one person wanted to go with the other. Hope that gives some background. HELP - maybe even by just telling me about what makes you laugh and what you like to talk about, I can better understand how to communicate with her. Meanwhile, I'll be doing my best to hang out with her more and chat with her more in the weeks leading up to prom - no substitute for the real thing, right?

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Dry humor, be relaxed, let her have her space if she needs it, don't be surprised if she talks your ear off.

Warning: She might be a lot less gullible than you might think. Think veeeery carefully before you pull any kind of practical joke on her, it might start an avalanche that you don't want to be around.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Warning: She might be a lot less gullible than you might think. Think veeeery carefully before you pull any kind of practical joke on her, it might start an avalanche that you don't want to be around.
This, this a thousand times.

It's good that she's told you she's actually excited to go, the last time I went to a dance with someone it was a total pity-date. If you have trouble communicating anything, explain it as plainly as possible, no superfluous adjectives, no infinite sentences, so on and so on.

Most importantly though, just don't be fake, we have incredibly well-tuned BS detectors. Good luck!

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
<.< just be yourself damn it, you damn well care enough.

PS: You are my hero op ...that was nothing short of awesome way to ask her.

@kuropuu >) we are good BS detectors as well..w8 you are a 6 <.<...ah...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Meanwhile, I'll be doing my best to hang out with her more and chat with her more in the weeks leading up to prom - no substitute for the real thing, right?
Not a substitute, but keep at it. The more time you spend with her the better. But as @Yardiff Bey said, let her have her space if she needs it.
Just let her have her own space and whenever you see her in public at least say hello : )

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Don't force her into anything she's not comfortable with. If she doesn't want to dance a certain way, go to a certain place with certain people, sleep with you after the festivities, etc - don't force her! Don't try manipulate her or make her feel guilty for not wanting to do something. That will guarantee a night gone wrong.

Stay close to her throughout the night. We ISTJ girls need a little reassuring. Treat her like she is the prettiest girl in the room, and make her realize that you chose her as your date for a reason. Your actions will generally speak louder than words in this area. But hey! A nice compliment here and there doesn't hurt. ;)

If after a while the crowd becomes a little overwhelming, respect that. Maybe try stepping outside for some fresh air and a few minutes of introvert time and that should do the trick.

Make her laugh, be yourself, and just have a good time.

P.S. - My best friend is an INFP and we get along great! I've never dated one so I don't how that would be, but I'm guessing that it wouldn't be half-bad. But at least as far as friendship goes, you guys should have a really nice time together. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts