Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, since I'm a huge comic book fanatic, I've been thinking a lot lately about different superheros and their personality types. Here are the ones I've got so far:

Batman: INTJ. Totally and completely. He's a loner, he's incredibly rational and deductive, he sees the big picture, he's prepared for everything, he can invent pretty much anything he needs, and he's very orderly and meticulous. Keep in mind, Bruce Wayne is just his mask for dealing with the public, so the "billionaire playboy" persona isn't his real personality. Bruce is probably more ENTJ.

Iron Man: ENTP. I honestly don't know much about Iron Man because I don't read Marvel, but based on the movie (which my Marvel-loving friend swears is a perfect representation of Tony Stark) I'd say he's an ENTP.

The Flash (Barry Allen): ISTJ. He's very introverted, although Iris brought him out of his shell a bit. He constantly rattles off random "Flash Facts" that apply to whatever situation he's in, which makes me think he's a T. As a J, he obsessed over solving his Mom's death for years until he finally solved it after he became the Flash. He's also very dedicated to his ideas of justice and good, and he won't rest until he figures out a case completely. The only part I'm not sure about is the S. He seems more aware of his surroundings than an N, although I'm not sure if that's an extension of his powers (decreased reaction time and all that) or whether that's just who he is as an investigator. I'm leaning towards S.

Superman: ESxJ. The big blue boy scout himself. He's definitely an Extravert, the public spotlight doesn't bother him and he even seems to enjoy it. J is expressed through his very strong moral sense and black-and-white view of humanity. He has a strong sense of duty to upholding "truth, justice, and the American way" and all that. He doesn't seem to be focused on the "big picture," as far as I can tell. He just fights for his own morals, punching those who get in his way. (I'm not a big fan of Superman, in case you can't tell.) I'm not sure at all about his F/T, though. I want to say F due to his predisposition to just punching his way through everything rather than solve things logically, but the way he pines after Lois day after day seems to suggest T, although that may just be his Clark Kent persona.

Anyone want to chime in? Got any ideas on what I've missed, or got any heroes of your own?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
well, I just saw Thor this weekend, so here are my thoughts

hopefully you'll excuse the fact that I've never read the actual comic. ;D

Thor: estp 8w7 (sw9w8)
-selfishly focused on attaining power and glory, even as he puts others in danger. as the movie progresses, he becomes more like a 8 integrating to two, caring for others as a leader would.

Loki: infp 6w5 (sw7w6)
- he is not as brutal as his brother. his anxieties are shown in perfect clarity in the way he reacts to his brothers unceasing violence. he would rather maintain the peace (when healthy) that fight for power. rather than craving power he craves his fathers approval, very indicative of six. he is infp also because he wants his father to accept him for who he is, he feels like an outsider. when he detaches from his reasoning and judgement skills it shows how irrational an infp can become when unhealthy, focusing only on ones inner ideals and doing all you can to make it a reality, all for his father's approval. but he couldn't. all he'd ever lived for rejected him, so he rejected himself. I think he may be a four as his image fix.

I hastily typed some of the others but I decided to exclude them

what about Spiderman?

Reactions: Shallott

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's ok, I don't read a lot of Marvel myself. I'm more of a DC fanboy. Unfortunately, I haven't seen Thor yet.

Spiderman I would call as an ENTJ. He is a scientist and an inventor, after all. He's a pretty smart guy. He invented his own web shooters. That all makes me think he's of the Rational temperament. The way he constantly chatters on and on makes me think he's an E (although before he got his powers he was very quiet, pointing towards I. This could have been a lack of confidence that was fixed when he got his powers, though.), and his strong morals and priority system points towards being a J.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is it cool to type villians in here?

Too bad if it's not.

Joker- ENxP/ 4w3 (core) : Joker loves attention from the media and from batsy. He knows how people will react to things he does, to an eerie degree. Not sure if he's an T of F though. He is focused, but amused very very easily. And he is a perciever because he doesn't plan for the future, and his motto is that change is constant. He doesn't like to set anything in stone. And he looks at the big picture, which is obvious from his plans. (movie and comic).

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We can totally type villains here!

I feel like Joker's a T. He's nuts, but he's very, VERY intelligent. His thought process is completely different from a normal human's, but he still thinks everything through. I agree with everything else you said, he's totally an ENTP.

I've been thinking about Hal Jordan recently... He's hard to pin down. He's definitely a P, because he just doesn't care about authority. He's also quite a risk-taker, which makes me think he's an S. He doesn't seem very emotional (a Lantern can't afford to be), so I would also peg him as a T. And that's all I've got. I can't figure out for the life of me whether he's introverted or extraverted. He seems friendly enough, but he's also introspective and very in-tune with his mind (as a Lantern has to be). I think I'm going to go with E, the way he sleeps around and hangs out in bars... So I'd say Hal Jordan is an ESTP.

Kyle Rayner I'm pretty sure is an ISFP (Quiet, artsy type), and John Stewart is an INTJ (His constructs are incredibly precise and detailed, and he's also in the military. True, so was Hal, but John was a Marine and actually respected the job...). Guy Gardner seems like an ESFP to me. Loud, talkative, and prone to outbursts of rage. And disrespectful of pretty much everything.

So yeah, those are the Green Lanterns of Sector 2814. XD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts