Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do other INTPs love bizarre, mind-screwy stuff? I enjoy finding connections in things that don't seem to make any sense; surreal paintings, my dreams, other people's dreams, etc. Sometimes I say strange things just to see the funny expressions people get on their faces. In my world history class, conversations like this are quite common:

Me: So anyway, that's why I won't be here on Friday.
Classmate: Why is everybody leaving this week? I keep seeing people asking the teachers what they'll be missing.
Me: It must be a curse! Somebody dug up an ancient relic, and now an ancient power of ultimate evil is picking off the students one by one! By next week, there probably won't be anybody left!
Teacher: (grinning) Esilenna, sometimes I don't know where your brain is.

Aaaand, that is why I will never be able to focus on anything important.
Is this an INTP thing or a type five thing? Or both?

·
Registered
705 Posts

Seriously. A lot of people used to think I was really weird because I fucking love weird, disconnected humor. I'm a very rational person otherwise, but I love being weirded out and weirding other people out so much.

I love drawing surrealistic/subconscious stuff. I love weird internet videos. I love Dalí. I love making up stories...

I can't explain how much joy I get out of this:

·
Banned
1,096 Posts
Surrealism, gotta love it. It's a particle, wait, no, -- it's a wave, no, no, it's a particle, but....OMIGOD, the CAT, it's, it's.....Uh, er...

It's where it's at, man.

Reactions: Esilenna

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Do other INTPs love bizarre, mind-screwy stuff? I enjoy finding connections in things that don't seem to make any sense; surreal paintings, my dreams, other people's dreams, etc. Sometimes I say strange things just to see the funny expressions people get on their faces. In my world history class, conversations like this are quite common:

Me: So anyway, that's why I won't be here on Friday.
Classmate: Why is everybody leaving this week? I keep seeing people asking the teachers what they'll be missing.
Me: It must be a curse! Somebody dug up an ancient relic, and now an ancient power of ultimate evil is picking off the students one by one! By next week, there probably won't be anybody left!
Teacher: (grinning) Esilenna, sometimes I don't know where your brain is.

Aaaand, that is why I will never be able to focus on anything important.
Is this an INTP thing or a type five thing? Or both?
Eep!

Do you know that weird feeling when you hear yourself on video and think to yourself, "I sound like this?"

In other words, I like to do this often. When others don't see the same connections, they give you the horrified bulged-eye face. But when you see the connection and make the absurd/surrealist tweak to the situation, it matches perfectly in your mind. I think, this is partially the reason for some of our humor; we love to tell jokes in a very contextual way, almost manipulating reality slightly to show the silliness of it.

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Birthday Massacre: because music videos that make sense would just be boring.

Reactions: qingdom

·
Registered
268 Posts
I find my rampant imagination(when provoked) and general lack of feeling leaves me with a skewed sense of humor......at least I find something funny.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I find my rampant imagination(when provoked) and general lack of feeling leaves me with a skewed sense of humor......at least I find something funny.
I have this happen a lot at school, where I'll laugh at something I say and everyone else is shocked or doesn't understand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Things can get very awkward very quickly,trust me, I took public speaking.
I know. At this point though I am accepted and loved apparently for my eccentricities so I am told. Still can make my closest friends uneasy at times which is always fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts