Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Survey about "Statistical Correlation Between Zodiac signs and Myers-Briggs types"

I made a survey about "Statistical Correlation Between Zodiac signs and Myers-Briggs types" please fill it, it will only take one minute.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeN2DJPbgNZQ96w7bvvw9fdk13UiSPyP2mrJ5FPCNUx-0UZhg/viewform[/url]

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'd be interested to know if there indeed is a correlation. Will you be sharing your results after you've gathered a sufficient amount of data?

Not big into zodiac signs but I've always wondered if maybe there was a small amount of truth to it related to seasonal variety. Perhaps the psychological effects of weather on the mother during certain seasons?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd be interested to know if there indeed is a correlation. Will you be sharing your results after you've gathered a sufficient amount of data?

Not big into zodiac signs but I've always wondered if maybe there was a small amount of truth to it related to seasonal variety. Perhaps the psychological effects of weather on the mother during certain seasons?
I am opposed to any supernatural beliefs related to the zodiac signs and to horoscopes and such, but I think that you're right and that it could be possible that the time of year that someone is born has some minor influences over their personality. Outside of the weather, I think that the situations that occur when a kid is young might affect how they turn out as well. For instance, if someone is born in the United States in June or July, assuming that they attend public school, they will be younger than most kids in their grade, which could affect some aspects of how they turn out. That being said, I think that if there is any noticeable correlation, there isn't really any need to refer to it as a zodiac sign correlation rather than simply a month correlation.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I am opposed to any supernatural beliefs related to the zodiac signs and to horoscopes and such, but I think that you're right and that it could be possible that the time of year that someone is born has some minor influences over their personality. Outside of the weather, I think that the situations that occur when a kid is young might how they turn out as well. For instance, if someone is born in the United States in June or July, assuming that they attend public school, they will be younger than most kids in their grade, which could affect some aspects of how they turn out. That being said, I think that if there is any noticeable correlation, there isn't really any need to refer to it as a zodiac sign correlation rather than simply a month correlation.
Quit being correct. It's bad for your health.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,385 Posts
I hate when people make logical points about astrology because then I actually start pondering if there is actually more than meets the eye behind this BS. But then I make a mental list of people who share my sign whom I have nothing in common with and I sigh in relief as I can be my old rational self again.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah, I've always had a weird relationship with astrology. I understand the arguments against it and feel many of those things myself, but at the same time there are some weird coincidences that arise that make me think about it some more.

My dad and I are both Taurus, but he's an INTJ and I'm an ENFP. I do see the traits in both of us, but Taurus has always felt like a very incomplete description of me even if I encompass most of it, while it seems like the best fit for my dad. Surely I should be some sort of water sign if the descriptions are anything to go by? Meh.

My mom is an ENFP and a Libra and that's the kind of shit that gets me thinking there might be more to this than I thought. Probably just coincidence though. I dated an ExFP who was super serious about this astrology stuff and did my whole chart and everything, and that's the only time I really thought there might be something to it cause she showed me the deeper levels of the system that do make more sense and paint a more complete picture. Still seems like bull though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah, I've always had a weird relationship with astrology. I understand the arguments against it and feel many of those things myself, but at the same time there are some weird coincidences that arise that make me think about it some more.

My dad and I are both Taurus, but he's an INTJ and I'm an ENFP. I do see the traits in both of us, but Taurus has always felt like a very incomplete description of me even if I encompass most of it, while it seems like the best fit for my dad. Surely I should be some sort of water sign if the descriptions are anything to go by? Meh.

My mom is an ENFP and a Libra and that's the kind of shit that gets me thinking there might be more to this than I thought. Probably just coincidence though. I dated an ExFP who was super serious about this astrology stuff and did my whole chart and everything, and that's the only time I really thought there might be something to it cause she showed me the deeper levels of the system that do make more sense and paint a more complete picture. Still seems like bull though.
I think that a big problem is that the traits that are often associated with each zodiac type are really common and/or vague, so a lot of people read about a trait that someone says x zodiac type has and think that astrology has some type of value because they can relate to said trait.

In and of itself, astrology has plenty of evidence against it. There are extremely different people with the same sign and extremely similar people with different signs. As I mentioned in my earlier post on this thread, in some places and/or situations, I think that the time of year that someone is born can probably have at least a minor influence on how they turn out, but this would be a correlation with the time of the year, not astrology itself, as the position of celestial bodies in the sky would not be the cause here; furthermore, even if there is a correlation between some traits and someone's birthday, people are born into too many different situations and environments for this correlation to seem sufficient in making accurate predictions about people overall.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
There's also more to astrology besides just the sun sign. There's your moon, rising, venus, mars signs, and so on....It's very plausible for two people of the same sign to act different as they have different moon/rising signs.

I do find astrology fun to learn about. It used to be my go-to personality interest before I found MBTI. But I do think horoscopes are a load of crap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts