Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was watching an interview with Suzanne Collins and wondered what her personality type was. I couldn't really come up with a good guess, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
ISXJ? I see a very straightforward communication manner in her; she's not derailed by Ne.

"I can remember..." "I worry that people can't distinguish between 'reality television' and real war..." "When I see war images, I flash back to my childhood..."

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
She's an N. She said in her twitter,"life is not just reading, also must dream." Has a strong preference for imagination. Other evidence on she's an N is that she constructed a theory on the number of years hunger games is possible. Suzan Collins is private about her life and is camera shy. She's an I. I think she's INFP.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Not an INFP. Watch her interviews. She never wanders off topic. Very straightforward communication style, which is more indicative of an SJ but can also be an NJ. Ne derails people who use it -- go watch an interview with Neil Gaiman as an example. BIG CONTRAST. Nothing alike in their communication style.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Interesting. I haven't read her books. Her interviews make me want to read them. She says she got inspiration from the Minotaur legend and from watching TV and seeing images of war and reality TV. It works in a similar way for me. My story concepts have multiple sources that merge. It's not just one thing. It's a collision of unrelated ideas that are fascinating or viscerally disturbing.

That said, I REALLY don't think she's an INFP.

I'm not good at this game, but I'd say INTP.

I thought Si-dom at first. She seems more Ne-Si than Se-Ni to me, and more Fe-Ti than Te-Fi as well. The more I look at her, the more she reminds me of some INTPs I've seen on Youtube. She's very specific when she talks (which could be strong Si rather than Ti). She does mention her emotions but in a way that seems Thinkery to me. I can't explain it well. So my guess would be INTP > ISTJ/ISFJ > other types.

I get INTP out of those videos. My typing-people-who-are-not-me skillz could use some work, though. ISFJ also sounds possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts