Is swearing good?

• I don't use it, but I'm cool with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm just wondering: How much do you like obscenities? I use them all the time, partially because they are fun, because the elicit a reaction but most of all it just seems to work with what I'm saying (Which is usually me calling someone a Goddamn idiot or jackass or getting passionate about something I bloody agree with).

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think excessive swearing is tacky. Sometimes I think it's funny/effective when used express something extreme, like "HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME/AWFUL!" But other than that it's not really necessary. Then again, it annoys me when people say just about any word over and over, so it might just have to do with repetition.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
Actually, I'm pretty indifferent to swearing. I don't see why saying "shit" is any different than saying the word "feces". It means the same thing, right?

Usually the only reason I swear is to emphasize what I'm trying to say or add interest to my speaking. You knnow how we ENTPs are, we have colorful ways of speaking, and being politically correct all the time just doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
FUCK YEAH! Swear words are amazing adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, verbs and more... Fuck can be used in every part of speech. Fuckin' amazing, right? Also, I think that classifying a word as "bad" is ridiculous. I hate it when people impose their own bullshit onto things that shouldn't be judged as "good" or "bad"; words just ARE. Use them appropriately, or purposely inappropriately, and enjoy a wonderful cornucopia of description/explanation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate it when people impose their own bullshit onto things that shouldn't be judged as "good" or "bad"
That's basically part of the definition of ENTP right there :p

Fuck yeah, I don't give a shit what people think about their silly arbitrary little rules about "good" and "bad" in the context of issues that have no place being discussed in the issue of ethics. This applies to everything, including swearing, victimless crimes, certain drug usage, gay marriage, free speech, and quite a few other thins we are forced to take someone's bloody opinion as some stupid ass "fact".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts