Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introductions, how nice. My name is Eric and I'm from Stockholm, Sweden. I recently found to my excitement that I was an ENFP, and got REALLY into this whole thing. People and personalities interest me alot! It was amazing, because I reached like, a new level of self-insight and respect for the kind of person I am.

Then I found this place, it's wonderful reading about all these people finding themselves and coming together to talk about it! :D I'd love to post a video on my profile introducing myself further and talk some more about what this means to me, and how awesome it'll be discussing with you guys, 'bout everything and nothing! But we'll see if I'll bring myself to actually do it :p

I'm not really a forum person but I hope this is the community I actually can continue participate in. :)

Kärlek to you all from Sweden,
Yours sincerely, Eric ^^

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Leviathan and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Leviathan. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
What's it like being an ENFP in Sweden?
Excuse me for generalizing, but I hear people from Nordic countries are a bit toned down. Meaning, they are straight forward and honest as opposed to Americans, being very superficially friendly.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
ENFPs are awesome! Welcome to the forum=)

Reactions: Leviathan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! :D @comfortablynumb Yeah, people often keep to themselves in public which is totally alien to me for some reason. We are a very social and friendly people and this cold straight forwardness is kind of an unquestioned norm. But I like to question it through talking to people whenever I get a reason to, haha. And when you do that, you often break the ice and they open up. Someone's gotta do it, and is there a better type than ENFP for the job? ^^

I've thought about all this, and the norm seems to be that when you're out "in the open" you keep to those you already know and seldom interact with other groups, especially not older or younger people or from other demographics which is dreadful to me. But when the ice actually breaks we all tend to get along very well :)

What I am beginning to see is that my generation and slightly older and slightly younger are dumping this norm. Hallelujah <3

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Welcome!!
If world was filled with ENFPs I'm sure it would be a good place.
:) seriously

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha! Yeah we would get along and have an awesome time but at the same time get really down since there aren't different interesting types out there to inspire ;)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hello fellow Swedish ENFP!! I'm from Skåne! Good to see more Swedish posters... I actually don't think I know of any others... so welcome!! :laughing:

And to Comfort; it is kind of a strange and sometimes confusing environment to live in for us ENFPs. I know that I feel much more comfortable with other cultures where social openness is a norm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, a Skåning! Love to ya, you guys have an accent enough foreign to make you exotic ;). Yes, I've noticed that we ENFPs are like belonging to a universal culture of acceptance, diversity, and love. Everybody's got that little child inside them and we like to bring it out to play along in an everyday stressful, sterile and cold environment.

Love and joy are things that are infectious and contagious, so spread it :wink: <3

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Oh, a Skåning! Love to ya, you guys have an accent enough foreign to make you exotic ;). Yes, I've noticed that we ENFPs are like belonging to a universal culture of acceptance, diversity, and love. Everybody's got that little child inside them and we like to bring it out to play along in an everyday stressful, sterile and cold environment.

Love and joy are things that are infectious and contagious, so spread it :wink: <3
Welcome to the forum. This is spot on for me anyways. I love being an ENFP.:happy:

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Since CafeBot is more or less completely useless to new users, and most people will just post an average hello, I thought I'd offer you some assistance.

If you're looking for a place to get started posting, you should most definitely have a look at the General Chat forum where people just talk about whatever comes to mind. There's also the Game Forum where you can just have some fun and play some text games, such as "Ban the Person Above You" where you ban other users (jokingly, of course) for any offense you wish.

If you'd like to get straight into the action, there are plenty of other forums which might fit your interests.

If you're a philosopher type, Critical Thinking & Philosophy is probably the place you're looking for. If you're an artistic type, we've got a place for you, too: The Art Museum!

Better for people who enjoy a good debate (or argument, depending on your type) is the fabled Debate Forum. It's a place everyone goes to have your standard bar-fights, and there are a lot of intelligent people there to debate with. Not all threads are heated, so if you just want to discuss politely, there are threads for that there too.

Last but not least is the Book, Music, & Movie Reviews forum. The title is a bit misleading, as it's about books, music, and movies in general, as well as any other form of media. You're certainly not obligated to review anything, but you should certainly check it out!

Hm. I wonder if I'm forgetting anything…

Oh yeah!

We've got forums for all sixteen MBTI types, as well as the Enneagram system. If you know your type, check out the relevant forums listed below, and if you don't, take the test (or this one).

SJ Forum – The Overseers. This is the place for the various xSxJ types.
SP Forum – The Creators. Here's where you go if you're an xSxP type.
NT Forum – The Intellects. Check out the computer brained xNTx guys (and girls)!
NF Forum – The Dreamers. Come in and watch the xNFx types fly off into outer space.

Other helpful places: Display picture page, signature page, your details page, profile picture page, and Support & Suggestions.

Welcome to Personality Cafe, and I hope I've been of some assistance. :proud: Enjoy your stay! :laughing:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Norway is awesome, we can actually understand you, unlike our south neighbours *cough*... :tongue:

Oh and hi, Socrates! Didn't know you hang around here, big fan of your philosophy. Didn't know you played the guitar though.. awesome! :3

@MuChApArAdOx The ENFPs who doesn't love being ENFPs doesn't know they are ENFPs ;)..

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Norway is awesome, we can actually understand you, unlike our south neighbours *cough*... :tongue:

@MuChApArAdOx The ENFPs who doesn't love being ENFPs doesn't know they are ENFPs ;)..
I have quite a few friends on fbook from Norway. Its been great getting to know them. We have similarities
with geography , me being from Canada. I've picked up on the language a bit..cough..heh, i guess just seeing it written over and over, it becomes familiar after awhile. Now the Finnish language, OMG..so hard to grasp. Although i've also picked up on some of the more familiar words also.

I've only known for a few years i was ENFP, although wasn't at all surprised reading the description. I didn't always fit in growing up, or quite understood my own quirks. The forum is a nice place to vent, or just get
a better understanding of our functions. Of course we still all can function differently within our own types, there are still common traits we share.

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Absolutely! I have alot common with our cousin ENTP. Meeting other ENFPs is very healthy if you haven't really found your place. Communication rocks!

As for the Finnish language, it's not related to the Indo-European language family at all so that explains it :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts