Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Answer if you're straight/bi, or if you've made observations. Are Sx/So's and Sp/Sx's getting laid? Does their Sx give them an advantage at all? Do they go through growing pains when it comes to women like everyone else?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some Sx-firsts just have a natural magnetism to them though. Who wants to fuck Woody Allen.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
They are. As soon as a man leans in and whispers "sx is not my instinctual blindspot", all women in the room start ripping off their clothes. "Take me like one of your Naranjo subtypes"

The camera pans out.
The Axe effect? Meh. More like the Sx effect.
I'm not normally a fan of sarcasm (I think that's what this type of humor would be categorized as); but that was pretty funny. :)

Nice job. Very creative.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'm not a man, but I would guess that this one has more to do with who you are and what you like. Not all women are going to like or enjoy an intense SX type person (some might even be bothered by it). I think this one has to do with general compatibility and what appeals to different Enneagram types, instinctual stackings, and the like.

I could be wrong, but I don't think any one instinctual variant would have a leg up in this category. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sx is supposed to be an assertive energy, so I'd think it'd be really attractive to most women. Bad boys aren't Sx-lasts, lol.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Sx is supposed to be an assertive energy, so I'd think it'd be really attractive to most women. Bad boys aren't Sx-lasts, lol.
Ha Ha. I understand, but not all women want a "bad boy". :tongue:

I for one, want a "nice guy". It all depends on the woman. I tend to fall for SX guys, but I'm also not the promiscuous type (if sex enters the picture, it's because I am in a committed relationship with someone). I tend not to fall for those who are SX-last, but that has a lot more to do with my instinctual variant stacking.

The SP/SO's and SO/SP's I know, would never go for an SX type guy. I think they'd find him a bit too intense overall.

I think the better your people skills, the better your chances with people in all areas of life (be it friendships, or one-night-stands). :)

Reactions: Angelic Gardevoir

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
They are. As soon as a man leans in and whispers "sx is not my instinctual blindspot", all women in the room start ripping off their clothes. "Take me like one of your Naranjo subtypes"

The camera pans out.
The Axe effect? Meh. More like the Sx effect.
And when 10 healthy SO-doms unite, no one cannot compete with their magnitude of peerless cooperation and end up joining them in a massive orgy. SPs? They just sit in a corner and watch.

·
Registered
850 Posts
The sx first men I know are kind of clingy and obsessed with "their" women. I don't know a lot of them, but I know two very closely and that is my stepdad (ESTP 8w7 sx/sp) and my brother-in-law (INFJ 4w3 sx/sp). Neither of them ever want to be alone without their wives i.e. my sister and mother which can be somewhat annoying. I'm pretty sure my brother-in-law would be down for getting side by side toilets so he and my sister could poop together every morning. My 7w8 ESFP sp/so mother finds this sort of behavior in men ridiculous and pathetic (I am somewhat inclined to agree), yet she likes it because it makes them easily manipulated, or so she says.

I'd bet an sx/so would be more charismatic and appealing naturally than an sx/sp though (and maybe more of a "player"), but I don't think I know a single sx/so male so I wouldn't know. I do know an sx/so girl though and guys fall over themselves trying to get with her, bafflingly, as she is of slightly above average attractiveness, super skanky, openly mean spirited and highly manipulative. (She is most likely ESTP, I'm not sure if she is 8w7 or maybe unhealthy 2w3)

I know plenty of sx second guys, and I don't see them being any more or less skilled with women than anyone else, or really having any distinctive romantic qualities based on being sexual second.

Reactions: o0india0o

·
Registered
47 Posts
The sx first men I know are kind of clingy and obsessed with "their" women. I don't know a lot of them, but I know two very closely and that is my stepdad (8w7 sx/sp) and my brother-in-law (INFJ 4w3 sx/sp). Neither of them ever want to be alone without their wives i.e. my sister and mother which can be somewhat annoying. I'm pretty sure my brother-in-law would be down for getting side by side toilets so he and my sister could poop together every morning. My 7w8 ESFP sp/so mother finds this sort of behavior in men ridiculous and pathetic (I am somewhat inclined to agree), yet she likes it because it makes them easily manipulated, or so she says.

I'd bet an sx/so would be more charismatic and appealing naturally than an sx/sp though (and maybe more of a "player"), but I don't think I know a single sx/so male so I wouldn't know. I do know an sx/so girl though and guys fall over themselves trying to get with her, bafflingly, as she is of slightly above average attractiveness, super skanky, openly mean spirited and highly manipulative. (She is most likely ESTP, I'm not sure if she is 8w7 or maybe unhealthy 2w3)

I know plenty of sx second guys, and I don't see them being any more or less skilled with women than anyone else, or really having any distinctive romantic qualities based on being sexual second.
I think this is a real problem for sx first types. Sure, they attract (and repel) more easily, but there is often alot of underlying obsessiveness and neediness towards their partners. Almost as obsessive as the OP is with sx firsts and seconds. We tend to become "in love" more quickly at a time that is often unsettling to other variants. If only there was a way to counteract this tendency, but i've never heard of any.

Sx-seconds seem to have it just right (balance between some sx passion but not getting as easily obsessed).

·
Registered
593 Posts
Second hand experience for me. I'm sp/sx female and my husbands' so/sx. His pursuit of me was very persistent when we started dating, like to the point it made me uncomfortable (but too interested to be like 'brah calm down' regardless...). He was like that with his other girlfriends/FWBs as well, from what I've gathered.

He's a charmer, he gets along well with everybody (social 9), now that I've coached him into it he understands the value of a good haircut XD He wouldn't have any trouble picking up if we split. I think his problem (and mine,.. maybe it's an sx second thing, I don't know) is that he pursues every woman like they are 'the one', at least for that couple days. If he found somebody who saw romantic relationships the same way, it wouldn't be weird, but with a less committed or intense type of person I imagine he'd get his little heart trampled on sometimes.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Second hand experience for me. I'm sp/sx female and my husbands' so/sx. His pursuit of me was very persistent when we started dating, like to the point it made me uncomfortable (but too interested to be like 'brah calm down' regardless...). He was like that with his other girlfriends/FWBs as well, from what I've gathered.

He's a charmer, he gets along well with everybody (social 9), now that I've coached him into it he understands the value of a good haircut XD He wouldn't have any trouble picking up if we split. I think his problem (and mine,.. maybe it's an sx second thing, I don't know) is that he pursues every woman like they are 'the one', at least for that couple days. If he found somebody who saw romantic relationships the same way, it wouldn't be weird, but with a less committed or intense type of person I imagine he'd get his little heart trampled on sometimes.
I definitely do that too. I can convince myself I'm in love with a girl after knowing her for like twenty minutes. I just say "Well, I guess this is my life now."

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
Answer if you're straight/bi, or if you've made observations. Are Sx/So's and Sp/Sx's getting laid? Does their Sx give them an advantage at all? Do they go through growing pains when it comes to women like everyone else?
I think the Sx drives me to keep trying. Getting shot down a couple of hundred times, and eh, the drive for intense, new experiences......

I'd think an Sp would not be as persistent at trying after being shot down.

An So might just be better at seeing what works sooner.

·
Registered
47 Posts

I guess persistence pays off for guys (he was still able to get you on a date despite your initial discomfort at the idea). Although its hard to imagine a 9 being as persistent as say, an assertive type like 8 or 7. Was it just asking you out multiple times or something else about his persistence that made you uncomfortable?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I think the Sx drives me to keep trying. Getting shot down a couple of hundred times, and eh, the drive for intense, new experiences......

I'd think an Sp would not be as persistent at trying after being shot down.

An So might just be better at seeing what works sooner.
When I read this, I immediately pictured Johnny Bravo! XD

Cartoon Animated cartoon Animation Illustration Fictional character

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
I am SX first. I have all sorts of problems with women throwing themselves at me and not seeking any sort of deeper connection.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.