Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have a connection with them, and they cheat on you, would you leave? How much do you put up with? Do you have rules when it comes to relationships in general?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ha Ha. That's a really good question! I love your questions (they're fun to answer!), and I love that you study us! :D

I'm in the middle of a big move right now, so I want to respond, but will probably get to this later (hopefully).

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
I'm an SX second and if I found out my partner had cheated on me, it'd probably be over. I mean, I guess it depends on the circumstances surrounding it but I dunno, I couldn't see myself trusting them the same after something like that and I don't think a relationship works with only partial trusting between partners.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If there weren't any binding ties I would end it. If it were a marriage of many years with the emotional well-being of children in the mix it would be far more complicated.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
cheat is a lie, and i don't tolerate liars in my life. (8/7)

if she wanted to go bang a guy, and told me, I'd be fine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My Sx boyfriend has admitted that he would stay if he felt he didn't have any other options. He cannot tolerate being alone and would rather be in a bad relationship, even if the partner cheated.

I'm So/Sx and know under what circumstances I would stay: If my partner didn't apologize, if my partner blamed me for his cheating, if my partner insinuated my lack of inherent value. Basically, the bigger a dick he was to me the more likely I would be to stick around because I would want to prove him wrong. It would be a bad relationship full of fighting and I would only give him more ammunition to think I was a bad person and he was right for what he did. I would destroy myself more than I destroy him, but I would be incapable of letting go.

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
cheat is a lie, and i don't tolerate liars in my life. (8/7)

if she wanted to go bang a guy, and told me, I'd be fine.
I kinda agree with this. To me, it isn't so much my partner having sex with another person that bothers me, it's the breach of trust that goes along with that.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
From what I understand, this has more to do with age than with instinctual stacking. Younger folks are less likely to be forgiving of it than older ones. I guess it's something you get a sense of proportion about as time goes on...that and you acquire things in life jointly. Children, property, etc.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Leave as soon as possible. A cheater is only biding their time until a 'better' one comes around even if they want to stay with you/'make it work'.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Hum, it all depends on the circumstances that surround the cheating. As an ENFP we will hate If our partners cheat because it makes us feel as if we didn't do all we could to keep our partner happy. This may drive us to stay in a relationship long after its over, we think if we try one more time we can do what needs to be done to keep the relationship alive. I would give a second chance only If I was madly Inlove with the man who cheated, and although it would be a challenge establishing the trust factor. I would need to know what caused it, does he have any redeemable qualities, and he would have to prove himself in a way that I deemed redeemable.

·
The Cooliest
7,635 Posts
I really don't think I could continue the relationship. No way

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I don't have strict rules about this or anything, and if someone cheats it doesn't have to mean anything horrible necessarily, the thing for me is that I'm really sensitive to that feeling of connection with them. Something breaks the connection and I start backing away a little and it'd take a while to rebuild it, sometimes maybe it never will

Another part of me would be jealous like I'm not good enough to give them what they want, that'd probably be a part of losing that connection, actually

Them trying to hide it, not being honest, that would piss me off too

The connection is something I need, so if I couldn't rebuild it, I'd probably not stay

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
NO,and I'd probably murder them XD
There's NO WAY I'd tolerate it,it means I'm not enough,if I'm not enough then I won't be 50% of enough,I'm either the only one or you're dead to me.
I got angry just thinking about it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It depends how they cheated.
If it was just sex then I wouldn't care. If they had any feelings for the other person I'd have to leave them, it would be agonising.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
SP/SX and ... It depends. I've been cheated on once, and I didn't stay, but the relationship was... like... bad. I wanted to leave anyway.

I don't think it's necessarily an automatic deal breaker to me, though I would be careful to tell that to anyone I was dating. It just depends on the situation. I have had some iffy moments with my faithfulness (which I confessed), and I have some understanding for certain contexts. NOT that it's justified. Is it an ongoing affair type thing? Probably not gonna stay. Interpersonal stuff is so complex.

Cheating more than once, I'd definitely leave, assuming I'd stayed the first time.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I think that Sx types are more likely to stay in a relationship in such a situation though. More than other variants anyway.
If the Sx valued the connection and the spark they had highly enough, i can see them looking over it over fear of losing such a connection and not being able to replace it.

The difference is whether or not the Sx feels that the connection is still there, salvageable, and existent.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I'd feel violated and we'd probably end up hatefucking if I still have anything to do with her. It sticks. If what you have is still potent, then why is she cheating on you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.